“Perfect location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lancaster
Ranked #19 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
“Perfect location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We have been staying here for the past 7 years and we love it great pool, staff is very friendly and helpful rooms are always clean and the free breakfast is great would recommend it for people with kids

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for just one night with my son and husband. It was very clean and the staff was very helpful. The pool was nice. This hotel is in a great location. We decided to stay here for one night because we came in on a Sunday and the car rental place is closed. There is a Chilis and Turkey Hill Mini Mart within in walking distance which is a plus when you are in an area that you need a car. I would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank sunsetpark815
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

The Good: Stayed here one night on July 12, in town for a funeral. This hotel seems very new; I understand it was renovated and they did a nice job.The breakfast selections are awesome! Even the coffee is good. The room was a good size. We were on the first floor overlooking the pool that we did not use. There is a convenience store and restaurants within walking distance.

The Bad: I travel a lot so I may be pickier than the average person but I have to say this was the worst mattress I have ever slept on. Even worse than the one I bought from the flea market for our spare room! It was hard as a rock and made noise every time we moved on it. Terrible! Also, even though there was a fridge in a cabinet, it appeared to have a space above the fridge for a microwave; however, it was missing.

All in all I would recommend the hotel and probably stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarilynJ6354
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

We came back in July for our second stay here. We had a nice family experience in December. They improved their breakfast selection from frozen sandwiches to scrambled eggs & sausage. Plus summer breakfast is now until 10am. The two ladies had a hard time keeping up Sunday morning with the 9am crowd. My friends son got blamed by the one lady for breaking the waffle batter machine but my friend said it wasn't the kids fault the knob wasn't on right. The two ladies cleaned and fixed it but my suggestion is DO NOT allow young kids to make waffles, it's not safe anyway. Make the parents serve their children would be my rule. I fall in this category too and I need to make my kids to sit down while I serve them. Plus adults need to clean up messes their kids make and they make but you know how some pretend it wasn't them or their responsibility. The room was very clean and comfortable. Again the check in was smooth but no small talk at all. My recommendation is to at least say Welcome to Lancaster! Have you visited with us before? Do you need directions or suggested sites to visit? Anything!!! Oh if Marriott could keep Dove soap available for us who have sensitive skin that would be the ultimate! Small hotel but a great price and location. Will be back in December! And they have a small out door pool that we have never had time to try but it looks nice.

Room Tip: Ask in advance for adjoining rooms if you have two rooms, All rooms are Smokefree!!
1 Thank MZ123u
Hermitage, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Lancaster, PA, with three children (ages 12, 13 and 14). Our simple, one-night stay found us rested and content afterward, and that doesn't always happen when traveling ... especially with teens or young children. If a hotel can keep toddlers or teens happy and moving along, I'm booking a night there again.

The Lancaster Fairfield Inn provided a comfortable night's stay under what appeared to be fully-booked conditions. We heard no noise throughout our stay, even with many families with children of all ages. The most chaos we experienced occurred in the breakfast room the morning of our departure, due to a large number of guests breakfasting at the same time. Even with crowded space, respectfulness and courtesy reined among other guests.

The Fairfield Inn Lancaster sits in a convenient location in a business park neighboring other hotels and a Chili's restaurant. Within a few minutes of easy travel, the Tanger Outlets and a strip of chain restaurants offering everything from fast food to family sit-down meals stand ready to serve you.

We had tickets to a musical at Sight & Sound Theater, indicated by Mapquest as 11 miles from the Fairfield Inn. We encountered no heavy traffic, even at dinner hour, and made our way to the theater in a short time with no delays.

The staff at this Fairfield Inn, especially those at the front desk, appeared genuinely friendly and helpful. The children with me felt at ease to handle the check-out procedure and to ask questions -- and with most self-conscious teens, these interpersonal relations cause withdrawal. Not so with the accommodating personalities of the staff here.

Our room was clean and nicely cooled for our arrival, with enough linen for four people. We enjoyed a very comfortable night's stay, and have suggested this location for the coordinator of our church tour group for next year's overnight visit to Sight & Sound theater.

Lastly, yes, they have a pool. Outdoor and with a moderate heat level, the pool satisfied the swimmers in my group, and we made as much use of the pool in our limited stay as possible. Towels provided, and convenient entryway from the back corner of the lobby made it an easy find, as well as a simple return to our room, rather than having to wend through back hallways to a concealed location. The deep end of the pool measures 5 feet, with a shallow end of 3'4". No diving, which is a good rule for any public pool, for the safety of everyone present. Swim at your own risk, as the hotel does not provide a lifeguard.

We will definitely reserve a room at this location again. Worth the price, and a it makes a terrific location for side trips throughout Lancaster County.

Room Tip: No bad locations at this hotel. Street side is as quiet as the parking lot side.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy M
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to the Amtrak station. The room was very clean and bed were comfortable. The one issue that I had with our stay was the fact that our room was right next to the pool. People were literally standing against our window until 11:00 pm. It made me a little uncomfortable while in the room. Other than that it was fine. The hot breakfast was average.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sham10299
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

We arrived late in the evening and had a warm greeting from hotel. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. The only negative I have is the breakfast attendant the next morning. She was an older woman that did not smile or show any pleasantries to anyone in the breakfast area. She also began to remove breakfast much sooner than 10:00. Overall, good experience at this hotel.

1 Thank Blazer87