Overall, I was very pleased with this hotel. In general, Fairfield Inns have the types of things I'm looking for, including:
1. Windows that can be opened for fresh air (hotel should never, ever be built with windows that are sealed shut. It creates terrible air quality inside).
2. Free internet accees (at this hotel it was through an ethernet cable, which worked great)
3. Free breakfast in the morning
4. Quiet, comfortable rooms
5. Good location (this worked fine for attending a conference at the Lancaster Host Resort, which was about 10-15 minutes away)
6. Marriott customer service -- they do a great job of making sure their staff are friendly and responsive
Two things that could be better:
1. Make breakfast run later. On the weekdays, breakfast ended at 9:00 a.m. There's no reason why it can't run later. When I asked the hotel about this, I was told that it was a "business hotel" so everyone was on the road by 9:00 a.m. I'm a business traveler as well, except that I work at night and sleep in in the morning. On the weekend, breakfast runs until 10:00, but when I went down to eat at 9:50, the staff was already packing up the food, and even turned off the waffle iron just as some guy was trying to put his waffle in.
2. The booking/reservations/price for this hotel was slightly sketchy. Often, Marriott's website said all the rooms were booked, but when I asked the hotel about this, they said it was not the case. I asked for a AAA rate, but they wouldn't put it into the computer until I arrived, which means the responsibility is on me to remember that I'm getting the AAA rate and ask for the discount. And the price jumped on the weekend, apparently to take advantage of the tourist traffic into Lancaster.
Overall, though, I was pleased with this hotel and would likely stay there again on future business trips to Lancaster.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfield Inn by Marriott, Lancaster is busy making arrangements to offer you the best vacation packages possible for your Spring and Summer trip to Pennsylvania Dutch & Amish Country. HERSHEY PARK, DUTCH WONDERLAND, PENNSYLVANIA RENAISSANCE FAIRE, LANDIS VALLEY MUSEUM, the STRASBURG RAILROAD, the EMERALD SPRINGS SPA and the LANCASTER BARNSTORMERS will be some of our partners creating a most enjoyable and value added experience for you and your family. Also, Shop’til you drop at one of our many outlets and antique shops or hand-craft stores such as KITCHEN KETTLE for gifts that represent our area craftsmen. Lancaster City’s artist community is making an impact on visitors with their "FIRST FRIDAY" event each month. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Lancaster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Lancaster Hotel Lancaster
- Fairfield Lancaster
- Lancaster Fairfield Inn