“Good hotel overall; wish breakfast ran later”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lancaster
Ranked #19 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Albany, NY
“Good hotel overall; wish breakfast ran later”
Reviewed 13 October 2005

Overall, I was very pleased with this hotel. In general, Fairfield Inns have the types of things I'm looking for, including:

1. Windows that can be opened for fresh air (hotel should never, ever be built with windows that are sealed shut. It creates terrible air quality inside).

2. Free internet accees (at this hotel it was through an ethernet cable, which worked great)

3. Free breakfast in the morning

4. Quiet, comfortable rooms

5. Good location (this worked fine for attending a conference at the Lancaster Host Resort, which was about 10-15 minutes away)

6. Marriott customer service -- they do a great job of making sure their staff are friendly and responsive

Two things that could be better:

1. Make breakfast run later. On the weekdays, breakfast ended at 9:00 a.m. There's no reason why it can't run later. When I asked the hotel about this, I was told that it was a "business hotel" so everyone was on the road by 9:00 a.m. I'm a business traveler as well, except that I work at night and sleep in in the morning. On the weekend, breakfast runs until 10:00, but when I went down to eat at 9:50, the staff was already packing up the food, and even turned off the waffle iron just as some guy was trying to put his waffle in.

2. The booking/reservations/price for this hotel was slightly sketchy. Often, Marriott's website said all the rooms were booked, but when I asked the hotel about this, they said it was not the case. I asked for a AAA rate, but they wouldn't put it into the computer until I arrived, which means the responsibility is on me to remember that I'm getting the AAA rate and ask for the discount. And the price jumped on the weekend, apparently to take advantage of the tourist traffic into Lancaster.

Overall, though, I was pleased with this hotel and would likely stay there again on future business trips to Lancaster.

• Stayed October 2005
5 Thank biztravel1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 September 2005

This hotel was great!! I loved it. The rooms were spacious, nicely decorated, clean, and the staff was courteous and very helpful. The pool was great and the heated pool just marvelous. My family enjoyed it a lot, we felt comfortable and happy. Breakfast was abundant and there was something for everybody’s taste. Ah! The area was wonderful, close to Strasburg and Wonderland. This hotel put a big smile on my face! I definitely recommend it to anyone, especially if you enjoy staying in a hotel of quality and comfort at great rates.

• Stayed September 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 July 2005

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in July and it was great! This hotel was not right in the center of Lancaster, but was very convenient to eveything. The people at the front desk were very nice & helped us by printing out directions to some of the attractions. The hotel was very clean & had a wonderful breakfast room with a nice selection of breakfast items. We would definitely stay here again!

5 Thank sjf48
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 July 2005

My family and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Lancaster, PA from 6/25/05 to 6/26/05. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are spacious. The staff are helpful and polite.

However, I found that the pool was very small for a hotel that size. Also, the complimentary breakfast did not contain alot of variety. Still, I would recommend this hotel.

By the way, we visited Dutch Wonderland... loved it!!! Highly recommend it for young children. Also, we had dinner at the Bird In Hand Restaurant... absolutely terrific! At a total of $70 for 4 adults and 4 children, it is an incredible bargain with truly delicious food (all you can eat buffet).

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sykesville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 March 2005

We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had highspeed internet in our room (king-sized), and I believe they now have it in all rooms. Be sure to have an ethernet cable to access it; when I didn't, they had one available. Also, after making a left out of the hotel parking lot, we found Lone Star Steakhouse, Panera Bread, etc. after turning right at the next light. This was wonderful as we didn't have to deal with the highway hassles. We will stay in this hotel again.

5 Thank gmm421
NJ
Reviewed 9 May 2004

Hotel is clean and the staff was very courteous about getting us from place to place. NO hi speed net service. Rooms are clean. Good price.

3 Thank Bones57