“Great hotel but business client not considered”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lancaster
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
moorpark, United States
“Great hotel but business client not considered”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

As I said, the outlet on the desk shuts off with the light so no charging over night, No tub unless you downgrade to a queen bed. Worst of all for business travelers is that the internet requires one to resign in every day usually right in the middle of working on something.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Quakertown, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Check-in and Checkout were a breeze. The business center was good though it was warm in there. If we had checked in early enough, we would have gotten a complimentary barbecue chicken dinner though it's listed online as a "light dinner" that they provide 4 nights a week. Breakfast was good also with creamed chipped beef, biscuits, potatoes, waffle, breads, cereals, juices, etc. There were boiled eggs which were good but didn't see any other egg dish. No bacon/sausage/ham that morning either. As for the room, there was a faint musty smell just outside the room and you could still smell it as soon as you got in. The kitchen facilities were excellent - clean and complete with dish soap and paper towels, etc. The rest of the rooms were also good. However, all night, there was a loud hum - like from an airconditioning unit or an exhaust fan. The bathroom did not have an exhaust fan so the sound was coming from outside the room. Any other room and it probably would have been 100% more quiet. It was an excellent value since I used my Hilton Hhonors points. Yes, I would stay there again - but make sure I get a different room!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Virginia G
Warren, United States
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were supposed to get one suite with two beds for the four of us, but instead got two adjoining rooms with King sized beds! Having two bathrooms for four people was great! Really friendly staff, clean rooms and lots of space

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Laura R
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I travel often in my business, but that doesn't mean I have to adapt the typical traveler's heavy fast food and table dinning. I stay where I can cook simple and tasty meals. So compared to every other hotel in the area, I'll probably stay here next time I'm near. Compared to other Homewood Suites I've been to, they rank well. But compared to other suite chains, like Staybridge, Homewood, and this hotel, is consistently a bit off - in areas they could easily fix.

I admit that all these hotels with kitchens really don't want us making food in the room and the appearance. The ability to cook makes people feel at home and sells rooms. But for Road Warriors like me, it makes me wonder if they ever tried to stay in their own hotel:

1. Not a single steak knife?

2. How about something stronger than a cloth wash rag to clean substandard pots and pans (that don't get proper cleaning attention but either previous guests or room service)?

3. The word is out: Teflon is a health hazard. Scratched Teflon is negligence.

4. No matter what the desk agent told me when I called directly, a toaster is not the same thing as a toaster oven.

5. They need to understand that most people don't want to be suffocated by the "beautiful" (and probably riddled with all sorts of germs) 200 pound comforter. I know they aren't washed between visits, I don't want it on my bed. If taking it off leaves only a sheet while the snow is flying, you are subjecting the guest (and your costs) to high heat that dries up the guest's skin.

6. Finally, the rooms are small and the over-sized and uncomfortable furniture makes it feel very cramped.

At least there is a hotel like this in town, but I really wish they'd give a touch more consideration to people who really want or need to cook. For many of use "Health" is as important as "Home."

Room Tip: It's pretty quite here but inside rooms will be quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tim S
Elkton, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I spent 12 nights here. The room was very nice - it had a complete kitchen including some dishes. I also love having a ceiling fan in a hotel room! Breakfast and dinner was included thru Thursday nights. Breakfast is included every morning. It was nice not to have to go out for dinner each night - although don't expect restaurant quality food. It was adequate, but not fantastic. The mattress was too soft for me - it made my back hurt. I think it could be upgraded to a newer and firmer mattress.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank 906shelleye
Dryden, United States
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The Homewood Suites in Lancaster PA is a great place to stay. Rooms were clean and furniture was modern and very clean as well. Staff was freindly and very helpful. I believe for the price paid this is a great value and you can't go wrong by staying at the Homewood Situes in Lancaster

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Peter S
Baltimore, Md.
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This was our first stay at this hotel, or any Homewood Suites for that matter. If we can, we will stay at a Homewood Suites anywhere we go. We were totally impressed! The room was designed well, included a pull out couch and two queens, and a kitchen ready for cooking. We had one small incident with a faucet that needed to be repaired and the maintenance person was experienced, arrived quickly, and was very nice. This particular location was close to all of our favorite things like Wal-mart, Park City Mall, Lancaster/Intercourse/Bird-in-Hand, Giant Foods, Planet Fitness, Iron Hill Brewery, and JB Dawson's. Continental breakfast was also delicious, but no gluten free food available. Spectacular stay and would recommend it to anyone/everyone!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple