“A Taste of Vietnam in Lancaster”
Review of Saigon Cafe

Saigon Cafe
Ranked #83 of 570 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Atlanta, Georgia
“A Taste of Vietnam in Lancaster”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

The food was excellent, I thoroughly enjoyed the phu. Since I was in Lancaster for business for two weeks, I was able to eat at Saigon Cafe. I was able to get a very good tasting and filling meal for approximately $10.

Visited March 2013

“Meh.”
Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

I have nothing nice to say. I love Vietnamese food but there is more to operating a good restaurant than being able to make good tasting food. Service, atmosphere and cleanliness come to mind.

2 Thank sweetomnivore
Portland, Oregon
“Hot delicious food at the end of a long day traveling”
Reviewed 9 February 2013

My husband stumbled on this place after a 14 hour day of traveling. The staff was friendly and the food was delightfully flavored. We had a seafood soup with broth and fresh veggies that warmed us up. They have a 15 dollar limit on credit and debit but agreed to take my debit card when I explained that I hadn't brought cash with me and was from out of town. I ended up going back for lunch the next day.

Visited February 2013
nm
“Authentic, fresh and generous!”
Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

There ate a few Vietnamese restaurants in the Lancaster, PA area but this is the ONLY one that you'll find packed with Vietnamese ex-pats on a Friday night!!! A testament to the authenticity and quality of the food. Great fresh rolls, excellent noodle bowl with grilled tofu, grilled onions, fresh cilantro, sprouts, cucumber julienne etc. I asked for hot chile peppers to add to my dish and I got BLOW YOUR HEAD OFF AND GO TO HEAVEN HOT RED PEPPERS all chopped and ready to be added. Really what I hope for whenever I ask for hot peppers!!! The Jasmine iced tea was light, aromatic and a godsend! All the dishes looked great, and if you want octopus, chicken feet, or any other type of Vietnamese delicacy you'll find it here!
Don't mess around with the Americanized places, this is the REAL DEAL! Clean, fresh and authentic!

2 Thank barrioonwheels
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“I have to take away one of the stars that I had previously given this place”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Last night, I wanted to take my mom out to try Vietnamese food for the first time. At first, I wanted to take her to Saigon Cafe because I had been there before and I had really enjoyed it. When we wlked in, we were "greeted" by a young man whom I did not recognize. I put greeted in quotes because he just kind of angrily shouted "two?!? one minute!" We waited 15 minutes because they wouldn't let us sit down until they had cleaned off a specific table, even though there were 3 cleaned and open. the 15 minutes isn't a big deal, but the fact is that there were 3 clean, open tables. I would understand if they were a different size, or all right next to each other, like if they had a big party coming, but they were all the same size and in different locations. When we finally did sit down, the guy who was sitting behind her had his chair pulled so far back it was right against her chair and forced her to sit straight up in an uncomfortable position. Also, there was no AC and it was blistering hot in there. To top it all off, they didn't clean the chairs and there was trash all over them! We waited another 10 minutes and I said to my mom "Let's just go to the other place." So we left and went to Rice and Noodles. No one even noticed. I don't mind waiting for good food. I don't mind waiting for a table. But when you're rude to me and then don't even make the proper effort to clean my table or at the very least GREET me then I get frustrated. It really stinks though. I really enjoyed the food here. However, from now on I think I'm going to stick with Rice and Noodles. We had to wait at Rice and Noodles for a table too, but we were promptly and politely greeted and when we were sat, the table was clean and we were immediately approached by our waitress for drink orders.

Visited August 2012