“Glamorous and Spotless Facility”

Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Spent 2 days here last week. Front Desk, maid, and pool person especially were very accomodating. The room, hallways, vending area and pool areas are immmaculate. The only flaw was seeing non hotel guests try to use the pool area and others tried to use the whirlpool after it was closed.

Room Tip: upper floors are quieter especially with families with young ones running around
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
mclossey, General Manager at Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Foppiano1,

We appreciate your time and courtesies in sharing your overall experience with us-- and future travelers looking for the #1 Resort when traveling to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Thank you for highlighting our housekeeping efforts, ultra-clean accommodations, and attention to detail. We truly appreciate your personal decision to stay with us! I will share your wonderful endorsement with our "Housekeeping Team', and acknowledge them for their hard work and tremendous dedication -- they will be very proud :) and appreciate your personal comments.

Thank you for your concern about other guests trying to use the pool after hours. We take such violations very seriously and our Manger on Duty is available twenty-four hours per day, and by dialing -0- will be happy to assist any concern. During his many rounds, he was able to stop the violators and take appropriate follow up actions.

We look forward to extending another warm "Eden Welcome" on your next visit to Amish Country . Wishing you and your family a happy and safe Summer Season!

Premier Regards,
Mark Clossey, GM

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Our annual trip to Dutch Wonderland brought us to this property for the first time. Two grandparents traveling with 5 grandkids means we carefully pick properties that offer accommodations with enough beds ( pull outs are not acceptable) and a layout I feel is a secure one, such as proximity of entrances and children sleeping. The trip was a mixed bag of awful to wonderful.
Bad- After making a reservation in January for a stay in July the accommodations were not on par with the pictures online or the explanations from reps on the phone. The advertised suite ended up to be an interior lock off with artificial lighting for our 5 day stay. This was a totally unacceptable situation and the taste in my mouth for this property started off very sour. Make sure your assigned room is actually what you expected.
Better- The location and amenities were great. The pools were clean and were watched over by lifeguards. Understand that the pools are crowded and overrun with kids. So if you are looking for a more adult pool environment look elsewhere. But if you have kids this is the place. Ours loved the water park and the pool. Both indoor and out. The accommodations were very clean too. With 30 years in the cleaning business I was very impressed with the condition of the room. Believe me I look closely at all the places I stay. This was A+. The restaurants were very good and provided room service and while I did not partake the bar look very nice too.
Best- Even with the issue about the room and maybe a little confusion about cleaning both sides of the lock off and maybe having forgotten to deliver all of our room food order the management and staff made it right every time. I was impressed how the issues were handled and the manner in which they were handled. Not one employee ever acted in any fashion other then professional and caring. The excellent customer service proves they are attentive to details and want to earn your respect for their property and operational excellence. Wayne, the night housekeeping manager is an excellent example of how to execute a managers responsibilities and impress the guests. Not only did he make a little flub right, he stopped by the next day with his floor supervisor to make sure everything was to my satisfaction. For a min I thought I was at the Plaza. I am one who expects to receive what I pay for, not more but surely not less. The real measure of the class of a business is what they do when things don't go exactly as planned. This place did not disappoint at all. I don't yet have sights on next Julys trip to Dutch Wonderland This property has proven to be at the top of our list. Thank you to everyone at Eden Resort.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Anne K
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was last at this hotel in January during a blizzard. What a difference 6 months makes. July is beautiful in Lancaster county and so is the Best Western Eden Resort. I was pleasantly surprised when I received the same exact room (on the business traveler side of the hotel) which had gone through an entire renovation. The room is well appointed for business travel and I loved the marble counter/desk tops and the tiled bath with over sized shower. Once again the food was good and the staff were eager to help and attended to the details. My company HQ is nearby and we will continue to stay at the Best Western Eden Resort.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was last at this hotel/resort in January 2014 during a blizzard. What a difference 6 months makes. July is beautiful in Lancaster county and so is the Best Western Eden Resort. I was pleasantly surprised when I received the same exact room (on the business traveler side of the hotel) which had gone through an entire renovation. The room is very well appointed for business travel, immaculately clean, a frig, couch, chair, desk with ergo chair, a very comfortable bed, marble counter/desk tops and the tiled bath includes a dual head over sized shower. Once again the food was good and the staff were eager to help and attended to the details. My company HQ is nearby and we will continue to stay at the Best Western Eden Resort.

Room Tip: If you are on business ask to stay on the right side of hotel which is quieter with two convenient e...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Awesome Hotel, Service, amenities and food. Wouldn't stay anywhere else when we visit Lancaster. This was our third year going away with friends and there family and the third year we came to this hotel and we are coming back in October again. Love it at Eden's Best Western.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Let me start by saying, I am a very picky traveler. We always stay here when we do "the Amish -Dutch wonderland" thing. It's unfortunate my children are getting a little old for Dutch and are ready for Hersey. I wish it was closer to Hersey but even so next year we will stay here regardless. The rooms are spotless we stay with my inlaws in a two bedroom suite. Beds are comfortable and suite is spacious. The pools are great they have a indoor as well as a outdoor. Both are clean and have waitress service. Staff is frendly and helpful. There is also plenty of activities to keep the kids occupied (pool, ping pong ect.) Great hotel! Keep up the good work n see you next year!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Lgems

Dear LGems,

Thank you for your kind review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Eden Resort and Suites. We are approaching our twenty-fifth year as a Best Western affiliate and we have the distinct honor of being one of the first Premiers in the United States. We strive to deliver superior customer care and exceed all expectations regarding your Eden Resort experience. We are committed to ensure every aspect of your stay is pleasant, so when we achieve our goal as noted by your personal endorsement and high marks, we are re-inspired and revitalized to continue to raise the bar! I promise we are working hard to be even better the next time you visit-- we're looking forward to seeing you again next Summer :).

Wishing you and your family a happy and safe Summer Season.

Premier Regards,

Mark Clossey, GM

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Just got back from Best Western Eden Resort & Suites. Hotel is BEAUTIFUL, very clean, well run and all hotel staff TOP NOTCH! "Benny" at the front desk is first class! Thank you Benny. Justin thank you also for a beautiful stay.

THE POOL! Total Chaos! My husband and were on a quick getaway and saw on line there is a children's pool with a water type park and an adult pool. PROBLEM! All of the kids wanted to be in the adult pool with their parents...No place for my husband and I to not get splashed or kicked or listen to screaming children. Parents had no control over their children and by 2:00 it was like a zoo in the pool!!! If there was a pool totally dedicated to adults ONLY with no exceptions I would give this hotel 5 STARS but to us, it was a big let down not to be able to enjoy the pool. It was like being at a day camp. There was really nice music playing at the pool but who could hear it with all of the children screaming and crying for one thing or another. All of the staff working the pool area should be given gold medals for what they have to endure.

So remember, if you are not traveling with children and think you are going to stay here and enjoy the beautiful pool, you will be totally disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple