“Hotel is worthy of praise”

Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

All the reviews are correct. This hotel is amazing, especially for the value. We stayed in the Red Rose suite and it was perfect. It overlooked the indoor pool and was only a short walk to the outdoor pool. Great place to stay in Lancaster.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
mclossey, General Manager at Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear JJDame,

We truly appreciate your time and consideration in writing a review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Eden Resort and Suites. We are delighted to read of your complete satisfaction-- and thanks for the wonderful endorsement! We are pleased you enjoyed your ultra-clean and comfortable accommodations and convenient location. Our continued commitment to service excellence is something we are very proud of and our Eden Resort Team is re-inspired when our guests acknowledge such efforts.

Thank you most if all for choosing the Eden Resort and for being our guest. We look forward to your next visit to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, whether for business or pleasure. Wishing you and your family a happy and safe Summer Season!

Premier Regards,

Mark Clossey, GM

Write a ReviewReviews (5,003)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

After a short stay in Hershey, we spent a night in Lancaster at this place - based on the excellent reviews here. We are glad we did because we will definitely stay here again if we are in the area. We stayed in a brand new 1 bedroom suite - it had a cool rain shower, brand new everything, extra large rooms, large hallways...you name it, it was great. The entire hotel is not new, but the wing we stayed in was. The indoor pool looked nice, but the kids used the outdoor pool during our stay. It was a very nice outdoor pool, and it has shuffle board, ping pong, basketball, and a playground area as well. I saw on the way out you can reserve/rent a special buckwheat pillow if you like - but we didn't see this until on our way out. For the most part, everything was great - we only had two complaints. #1 it was nearly impossible to find a luggage cart the morning of checkout - I scoured the hotel between the hours of 9-10:45 AM. It wasn't until we found someone in the parking lot still unpacking, that I was able to get one for us. I saw about 3 other people trying to do the same thing. Maybe the hotel could pick up a few more. #2 Road noise. I do not think this hotel knew it was going to turn into this ritzy place when it was first started. But now that it has expanded, many of the newer suites face the adjacent highway - they can't really move the hotel at this point. The location of our particular suite faced the highway - The AC in the room was not loud enough to drown out the noise. I think because everything is brand new, the decibel level on the fan was probably rated low, but in this instance it would be nice to crank up the fan and drown out the vehicles. All night long you could hear motorcycles, trucks, tractor trailers, etc. I was so tired from the vacation I slept okay, but the wife didn't.

Room Tip: If you do not like road noise all night long, try to get a suite that isn't facing the highway.
1  Thank Navarath
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Loved the hotel from the staff to the room to the pool. Great Bloody Marys poolside!!! Went to Hersey Park with the kids, decided to stay in Lancaster. Had low expectations and was pleasantly surprised and had a great experience.

1  Thank JimHagerty
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I'd like to stay here everytime I go away! Great room, great service great facility! Excellent place to take the kids. I'd like to stay here everytime I go away! Great room, great service great facility! Excellent place to take the kids. I'd like to stay here everytime I go away! Great room, great service great facility! Excellent place to take the kids.

1  Thank Barry N
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a very nice hotel. It is clean and comfortable. The bathroom was small but clean and thats the main thing. The staff was very helpful. We enjoyed our stay even though it was only one night. Both pool areas looked very nice. I would gladly stay at this hotel again if I am ever in the area. I highly recommend this hotel!

1  Thank Christina C
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We can't wait to come back next summer. Wonderful hotel about a 6 minute ride away from Dutch Wonderland. It was super clean inside and outside. The staff were lovely - friendly, helpful, smiling. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and quiet. They have a beautiful pool, splash park, and playground that we enjoyed. I would highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Diane I

Dear Diane I,

We appreciate your feedback and kind words regarding your recent experience at the Best Western Premier Eden Resort and Suites. Our friendly service and fantastic amenities makes us the perfect choice for anyone traveling to our Pennsylvania Dutch Region. You simply will not find a better value and service commitment anywhere in the area. Dutch Wonderland is a terrific attraction and conveniently located just down the road.

Thank you most of all for choosing the Eden Resort and being our guest. Best wishes and safe travels to you and your family. We look forward to seeing you again next Summer!

Premier Regards,

Mark Clossey,GM

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here in early June 2014 for a combined business/pleasure trip and were assigned Room #339 for our family of five - two adults and three kids age 14, 12, and 3. We enjoyed every aspect of our stay. I usually stay at Marriott properties as a member, but the location I usually stay at was booked during the time I was coming to Lancaster so we tried this one out based on TripAdvisor reviews and we are glad we did!

The front desk staff was excellent and our daughter enjoyed the free Malley's chocolates at check-in. Value was outstanding... room service and poolside food/beverage service were very reasonably priced. In fact, the food was so good and the prices were so reasonable we never ate out during our trip. We stayed on resort for everything.

The pools were clean and well maintained. Lifeguards were very friendly. The shallow end of the indoor pool was just right for our toddler daughter to feel comfortable.

The room descriptions at the resort were somewhat confusing. We thought we had booked a two bedroom suite with a balcony, but when we entered the room we found out it was a "two-room suite" which meant there were two rooms, but one was the shared living room area with a queen bed in it. When I called the front desk about the mixup, they apologized but were booked to capacity so we couldn't move... bummer. Didn't spoil the trip, just a heads up -- be very clear about the room type you want when you book. Our balcony view was awesome, it looked out over the pool and was very nice and private on both sides. (I included a photo of the view in the post). I'm a clean room freak as we travel often and this location met my standards.

Our boys 12 and 14 used the basketball and golf amenities and enjoyed it. Our daughter loved the playground and putting on the greens with her brothers.

I'd like to come back for a longer period of time and stay in one of the villas with the outdoor cooking areas.

I had a conversation with one of the girls working pool service about how kind and friendly the entire staff was during our stay. She informed me that this used to be a privately held business and the owners loved it very much, only recently partnering with Best Western, but remaining involved in how the property is run. After she explained that, it made perfect sense. You can tell that the owners really care about the property, the customers, and the staff. Everyone was happy and friendly. It really was like a little piece of Eden :)

Room Tip: Room 339 has a great pool view from the private balcony Be sure to clarify the room type you want...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family