“Lovely Resort”

GreenLeadersBronze level
United States
“Lovely Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Recently stayed at this lovely hotel.. very clean, large and specious rooms.. very nice indoor and out pool.. many times they gave out free ice cream at the pool and you could order food and drinks from the restaurant at the hotel to be delivered at pool.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (784)
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This year was the second time we stayed at Eden Resort. When we were planning our Lancaster vacation, there was no question that we were going to stay here.

The hotel is easy to find, which is a big plus. It is also conveniently located to many of the area's attractions including Dutch Wonderland, Hershey Park and all that Lancaster has to offer. I have to admit that when we first arrived, they could not find our reservation. Why? Because my husband booked the wrong dates! Even though they were booked for the rest of the week until the weekend, the wonderful and helpful front desk supervisor on duty was able to accommodate us and put us in a room at the same rate in which we originally booked.

The rooms in this hotel are wonderful and clean. We have a toddler and we've never had any issues. Having a refrigerator and a microwave in the room is incredibly convenient for families and travelers. Having several dining options on site is a welcome bonus since it takes away the task of having to find someplace to eat all the time. The pool area is wonderful and you can spend all day there. There is a section for kids, as well as, the big pool and our daughter just goes between the two. You can also order food and drinks poolside, so you don't have to leave. There are plenty of other activities on site for the kids including a playground and mini golf and everything is very clean and well-maintained.

A drawback though, that we didn't really mind so much is that you can hear everything that goes on in the hallways and in the rooms generally. With tons of families staying here, that includes the screaming kids. Again, we don't mind because we DO have a toddler so it's par for the course but it can be disruptive to some.

1 Thank rkl1130
New york, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This Hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly!! VERY Kid friendly!! I would go back and tell my friends and family to go also!!! The hotel has many attractions around it as well as a beautiful pool for adults and Children!! The restaurants were very good and at a reasonable price!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

mclossey, General Manager at Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Heather G,

Thank you for sharing your glowing review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Eden Resort and Suites. We strive to deliver a distinct style and an experience unmatched in our Pennsylvania Dutch Region. Our Eden Resort Team will be delighted and inspired that we exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed your stay and many of our Eden Resort Amenities.

Thank you, most of all, for your decision to stay with people who care! Best wishes and safe travels.

Kind Regards,

Mark Clossey,GM
Lancaster, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Choosing the Eden Resort was a last minute plan, and we were absolutely thrilled with the outcome. The service, food, care, hospitality was second to none! The outdoors were beautifully landscaped and the pool were gorgeous. They provided many surprises throughout the stay such as free hand dipped ice-cream by the pool, popsicles another day and lots of smiling faces to serve you. Loved it and will be returning for sure!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Carolyn C
New City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Booked two nights with a reservation agent. I never received a confirmation email but since this would've been my fourth visit I wasn't worried. A week before I was due to arrive they charged my card. When I called to inquire why they told me it was a no show fee. I explained they have the wrong dates and I wasn't due to arrive yet. The woman i spoke with me just kept saying they have nothing on record of any changes but wouldn't say it was a possibility someone there booked the incorrect dates. So I was charged one night and they refused to refund me. They said they are sending out a letter stating I can use that money for a future stay within the next 6 months. They couldn't book me a room for the original time I did book because they were sold out. When i said I am not coming back to the area in six months and would like an extension because this was not my mistake she refused. Awful. That's all I have to say. Never staying again!!!!!

2 Thank MRD641
Dear MRD641,

I truly apologize for any inconvenience you encountered when making a reservation at the Best Western Premier Eden Resort and Suites. I noticed you made your reservations online and I was able to review your reference numbers. I also noted your email is current and a confirmation after making an online reservation should have been sent directly to you. I am sorry as well that the Resort was running full and we could not cancel your reservation which is in accordance with our cancellation agreement. I did notice you were sent a note from our Reservation Supervisor, offering you the opportunity to rebook your reservation in the future.

We truly strive to meet and exceed the expectations of all our guests, and hope the extension is feasible for your future travel plans. If it would need to be extended, please contact me directly at 717-560-8415 and I will be happy to assist your future reservation. Thank you most of all for your patronage when your travels bring you to Lancaster County. Best wishes and safe travels.

Kind Regards,
Mark Clossey,GM
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

All the reviews are correct. This hotel is amazing, especially for the value. We stayed in the Red Rose suite and it was perfect. It overlooked the indoor pool and was only a short walk to the outdoor pool. Great place to stay in Lancaster.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear JJDame,

We truly appreciate your time and consideration in writing a review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Premier Eden Resort and Suites. We are delighted to read of your complete satisfaction-- and thanks for the wonderful endorsement! We are pleased you enjoyed your ultra-clean and comfortable accommodations and convenient location. Our continued commitment to service excellence is something we are very proud of and our Eden Resort Team is re-inspired when our guests acknowledge such efforts.

Thank you most if all for choosing the Eden Resort and for being our guest. We look forward to your next visit to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, whether for business or pleasure. Wishing you and your family a happy and safe Summer Season!

Premier Regards,

Mark Clossey, GM
Binghamton, New York, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

After a short stay in Hershey, we spent a night in Lancaster at this place - based on the excellent reviews here. We are glad we did because we will definitely stay here again if we are in the area. We stayed in a brand new 1 bedroom suite - it had a cool rain shower, brand new everything, extra large rooms, large hallways...you name it, it was great. The entire hotel is not new, but the wing we stayed in was. The indoor pool looked nice, but the kids used the outdoor pool during our stay. It was a very nice outdoor pool, and it has shuffle board, ping pong, basketball, and a playground area as well. I saw on the way out you can reserve/rent a special buckwheat pillow if you like - but we didn't see this until on our way out. For the most part, everything was great - we only had two complaints. #1 it was nearly impossible to find a luggage cart the morning of checkout - I scoured the hotel between the hours of 9-10:45 AM. It wasn't until we found someone in the parking lot still unpacking, that I was able to get one for us. I saw about 3 other people trying to do the same thing. Maybe the hotel could pick up a few more. #2 Road noise. I do not think this hotel knew it was going to turn into this ritzy place when it was first started. But now that it has expanded, many of the newer suites face the adjacent highway - they can't really move the hotel at this point. The location of our particular suite faced the highway - The AC in the room was not loud enough to drown out the noise. I think because everything is brand new, the decibel level on the fan was probably rated low, but in this instance it would be nice to crank up the fan and drown out the vehicles. All night long you could hear motorcycles, trucks, tractor trailers, etc. I was so tired from the vacation I slept okay, but the wife didn't.

Room Tip: If you do not like road noise all night long, try to get a suite that isn't facing the highway.