“Kept saying”

Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 March 2009

Went for a belated Valentine's Day getaway. We were impressed with two main aspects of the hotel: the room and the restaurants. We received a free upgrade to a 2 room King suite. The large LCD TVs, the Bath and Body works products, the marble top dual sinks, the glass shower, and the large L-shaped desk in the room were great. It was obvious that they had given great thought to all the details - even providing a cord in the back of the radios into which I could plug and play my iPod through the stereo's speakers.

We ate dinner at Arthur's. Garfield's looked nice, but it seemed like a lot of families were heading there with their children, and this was our weekend AWAY from "the kids." The ambiance in Arthur's was very nice . . . quiet and candlelit. We got the Prime rib buffet which included prime rib, salmon, chicken, wonderful desserts, salad bar, and much more. The wait staff was friendly and helpful. We also had breakfast at Arthur's, and that was excellent too.

Overall, I could not get over what a great deal this place was!! The pictures you see on their website are accurate - what you see is what you get. Eden is a very nice place to stay with clean, spacious rooms, great amenities, and wonderful restaurants for a very reasonable price. I have already recommended it to 3 of my friends. You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WannaGetAwayASAP

Reviewed 28 February 2009

My husband and I will be visiting the Lancaster area quite a bit over the next few months, because he is taking horseback riding lessons nearby in Leola, so we were looking for a nice, comfortable place to stay during our visits that offered nice amenties and we found it at Best Western Eden!!

We were very impressed with this hotel and the service. You would never guess that this place was so large from the outside. Very clean, modern and the new renovations are great. Our king bed room was very nice, comfortable bed, and I especially loved the porch/balcony overlooking the indoor pool. The noise level from the 3rd floor was fine, and since the pool closes at 10pm, its was very quiet late at night. We asked the female lifeguard about the rooms facing the pool on the 1st floor, and do they keep guests from using the pool after hours. She said each door is locked from the outside after 10pm!

For the price we paid for one night, including dinner and breakast, it could not be beat. We got the perfect getaway pkg and it worked out great. It was nice not having to look for a place to eat breakfast and dinner for a change.

Arthurs restaurant for dinner was superb. We got the buffet dinner and it was awesome. There was not an abundance of food, but it was just the right amount to fill your tummy. The pork loin and mashed potatoes were awesome, and I words cannot describe the dessert. I had the double chocolate layer cake with vanilla creme icing, and it was fantastic. I rarely eat chocolate cake, but that was the best I have tasted anywhere!

We also ate breakfast at Arthur's which was buffet style. Everything was good and they offered;; scrambled eggs, bacon, sasuage, french toast, homefries, cereals, muffins, fruit etc.

The indoor was very nice and busy for a Friday night. The decor reminded me of a tropical outdoor pool only this was indoor. My hubby did get to swim, and I always make a beeline for the whirpool 1st.

Our room was very nice and modern, very roomy, more room than I thought it would be and the sofa gave it a nice touch. It was also very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. I have slept in better beds, but i have no complaints about this one. It was nice having a microwave, coffee maker and mini refrigerator as well.

Garfields is a nice casual restaurant with a bar, and Arthurs is a bit more upscale. There is a mini-store for snacks and drinks onsite, and a small but adequate fitness room and sauna.

We also liked the lobby area which is very nice, clean and has two fireplaces.

There is a sports bar that got pretty busy later in the evening, because their was a wedding reception next door in the courtyard, and when that was over, everyone headed to the sportsbar.

Overall we enjoyed our stay, and looking forward to our next visit in two weeks. Since we will be staying here at least 4-5 times over the next few months, we will probably continue to book the "Perfect Getaway" package for the dinner and breakfast buffet, but we were told that you don't have to pick the buffet, you can also order off the menu, which is a great option. You just can't beat that deal for what you get.

Side note: Flying M Stable is about a 10 minute drive from the hotel, in Leola, PA. If you blink you will miss it, because it sicks far back from the road. This place is huge and although not modern, very old-school, 60's style ranch, there are plenty of horses and the young lady who will be my husbands lessons coach is very knowledgeable about horses, and patient. I told her she has some of the best rates anywhere for private lessons. She and he husband both own the place.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank louise71594
Reviewed 28 February 2009

This hotel is beautiful. When we checked the staff was friendly and professional. I had made reservations online, but was told that the room I requested was unavailable. I received an upgrade to a beautiful suite. Each room had a flat screen tv, the rooms were clean and very updated. The beds were comfortable and the toiletries were Bath and Bodywork. The pool area was large and clean. Heated pool was nice. The restaurants and lounge were all good, economically priced and good food. It is located close to all the attractions in the area. We have stayed in this area off and on for years and this hotel was top notch with an excellent price. Breakfast buffet was included in the price of the room, I have spent almost double the price for one night at different places and received an ok room with no breakfast. We will definetly return here, and I recommend this hotel to all. Also, we traveled with a teenager but there were many young families with children, so it is kid friendly. I believe it also allows pets in certain parts of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Mrsh511
Reviewed 27 February 2009

found this place last year trying to book a weekend trip and fell in love! going again in may and can't wait. the staff is always friendly, never had a problem with any services, rooms are beautiful and so great for families. the suites are roomy, everything is clean. haven't had any food from the restaurants, we always head out to the buffets!!!! close enough to everything and far enough away from everything so you can relax and really enjoy yourself. the indoor pool is gorgeous, no need to go outside! no complaints, absolutely love it!!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank gigglesfu
Reviewed 26 February 2009

This was a wonderful experience for all FOUR of us. My husband was in Europe on business and I took the kids on a mini-vacation over Valentine weekend. We chose Eden Resort because it looks beautiful online and we were NOT disappointed. The room and staff exceeded our expectaions. We loved that there was also a restaurant inside the hotel, because it was cold and snowy, so we didn't even have to leave to get dinner nor did we have to have room service. The pool was a highlight for the kids and everyone was friendly and accommodating. A few glitches with my laptop were taken care of by the hotel's IT staff in no time. We will definitely be taking Daddy back with us in the future! :)

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank BillRobin
Reviewed 22 February 2009

Eric Brown, the front office manager, made me feel right at home from the moment I stepped into the lobby with his charasmatic personality, warm smile and caring way. He is truly an asset to the resort with his ability to make you feel like you are the only guest. He went above and beyond to make me and my colleagues feel comfortable. I looked forward to his smiling face greeting me as I returned from a long day in class. The rooms were great, pool view is awesome, hotel is walking distance to Outback and Carrabas Italian and there is a convenient store in the parking lot with a great expresso bar and food or you can enjoy the 2 wonderful restaurants inside the hotel. It would not have been the same experience without Eric as our friend and leader and he is terribly missed!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Cody1101
Reviewed 29 January 2009

We only stayed one night, but it was a very excellent experience. All of the hotel staff members were very polite and courteous. Room service was very prompt as well. Everything was very neat and clean. There was plenty to eat and nice environments for socializing. We're looking forward to going back for a longer stay to enjoy more of the amenities.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple