“Wish we could have stayed longer.”

Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
GreenLeadersBronze level
Enumclaw, Washington
“Wish we could have stayed longer.”
Reviewed 29 July 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Eden Resort. My husband and I were traveling with our children ranging in ages from 9 - 16, and were at the middle of an 11 day road trip when we spent two nights here. We stayed in a two room suite which was definately big enough for all of us to move around comfortably. We had a small balcony off of our room which gave us a great view of the outdoor pool. They also have an indoor pool and have lifegaurds working at both pools, we were very impressed with that. During our stay we also had opportunity to dine at both restaurants and in the evening while the kids were happy with a movie got to have a drink in the lounge. The hotel staff went above and beyond in making sure all of our needs were met. We came from Hershey to the Eden Resort the first night we stayed, spent our first full day there exploring Lancaster, and then the morning after the second night drove to Gettysburg to spend the day and then onto Washington, DC. I guess what I am trying to say is that the location of Eden Resort is close to many popular attractions. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and hope to someday stay there again ourselves.

1 Thank MomKat6

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (793)
Mantua, NJ
Reviewed 29 July 2009

I decided to plan a 3 day stay in Lancaster PA after we visited Dutch Wonderland last year and my then 2 yr old loved it. After reviewing many lancaster hotels I found this hotel to have excellent reviews and an excellent rate. I booked a room facing the indoor pool with a balcony. We arrived at the hotel arou130pm and gave the front desk our cell phone number to call us when our room was ready. We had lunch at Garfields while we waited. The food was very good with lots of menu choices. Our room was ready by the time we finished lunch. The room was exceptionally clean and had a microwave and a mini fridge. We were on the second of three floors with a large balcony . I would recommend if you book an indoor room you avoid the first floor because people at the pool place their towels on the chairs that are outside your room. The indoor and outdoor pools are also very clean and spacious. Everywhere you went in the hotel the staff were super friendly. We had breakfast at Arthur's Terrace both mornings and again was very pleased with the quality and prices. You can save $2/person if you purchase the buffet tickets online. I would love to have stayed an entire week at this resort and i'm already planning a return trip. You cant go wrong with this hotel!!

1 Thank Bluberyjam15
west virginia
Reviewed 27 July 2009

My husband and I stayed in the Best Western Eden Resort Inn and Suites with our 4 children ages 1-13 and we had a wonderful experience! I had actually booked our room with an agent that works at some main office somewhere other than Lancaster, so when we got there our room was beautiful, however two full beds and a cot was too small for our family, my husband was going to try to get us a larger room, a lady at the front desk actually put us in a TWO room family king suite with all the ammenities for the SAME PRICE!!! It was wonderful! My husband and I so appreciated this and it really made for a very comfortable stay with the children. The landscaping, service, cleanliness, pool, and food was wonderful at the resort. I hope to stay again someday. Our trip to Lancaster was very memorable! Thank You Best Western Eden Resort Inn and Suites!

1 Thank mom4wv
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 27 July 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Eden Resort with our 9 month old daughter for a short vacation. This was our first trip away from home with our daughter so we only booked the hotel for 2 nights. Upon arriving at the hotel and seeing how nice the hotel and pool were, we decided that we wanted to stay an extra night. Upon check in, I asked the front desk clerk if we could extend our stay by one more night. He checked and we were able to stay a third night (and boy am I glad we did)! Check in was a breeze. Quick and very courteous. We arrived around noon but our room was ready and we were given our keys.
Our room was on the 3rd floor. We stayed in a 2 room king suite. The room was awesome. Very roomy, beautifully decorated and lots of great amenities. There was a large desk in the living room complete with cordless phone, printer (loaded with paper), desk lamp and internet connection (also had wireless internet). That was a plus since we did bring our laptop to look up directions, restaurants, etc while we were in town. The printer was great too as we were able to print out directions and coupons! One thing I loved were the Bath & Body Works toiletries!! That was a surprise to see them...and lucky for me one of my favorite scents too!!! The bed was very comfy with great pillows and blankets. We had a balcony overlooking the pool. It was great!!! There was a microwave, mini fridge, cabinets, coffee pot and mugs, coffee, creamer sugar, disposable cutlery and plates/containers!! Everything we needed!! There was a double sink which was great since I used one to wash out bottles and the other for our use in washing our hands, etc!!
We ate dinner at Garfields on the first night and it was AWESOME!!! We both ordered the Prime Rib special which was a steal at $14.95. It included a huge piece of meat(I think it was 10 oz...I took half back to the room), potatoe, veggies, soup and salad bar and an ice cream sundae! The food was delicious and it wa a bargain! Our daughter started to fuss toward the end of dinner so we asked our waitress if we could get our sundaes to go and she was more than happy to get them to go! Service was great and so was the food and price!
We used the pool and it was great!! A little on the cold side but we went early in the day and it wasn't that hot the night before. Still, it was very beautful and the pool was big so everyone isn't on top of each other! There was also a lifeguard on duy which was nice.
We ate at the breakfast buffet at Arthur's one morning and it was good. It had all of the typical breakfast foods and again was very reasonable! The mini breakfast sandwiches were really good!!
Overall, we had a great stay! The only thing I would have liked to seen was DVD player in the room. Since my daughter goes to bed early it would have been nice to have been able to watch a movie with my husband. We did bring some movies and tried to watch by hooking up the laptop to the TV but there were no audio cables. The hotel did send up a set of cables but it didn't help with the audio!! Oh, well, no big deal!! There were plenty of channels to watch!! LOL
I will definitely be returning for another stay in the fall! Great hotel, great staff and great price!!!!

1 Thank heatherangel26
New Jersey
Reviewed 25 July 2009

We only stayed over one night. The indoor pool was clean and well maintained as was the room (suite). The front desk was very helpful, quick and friendly. Cannot say anything negative about the hotel. It was a great stay and we will definitely return.

1 Thank Safetyedge
Pittsgrove, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 July 2009

My husband and I stayed here just passing through the area and we will definitely be back for a longer stay. Our room was a nice comfortable size, immaculately clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was either new or recently updated, and we loved that there was a decent selection of restaurants just downstairs where we could get dinner. Just what we needed after a long day of driving! The food was delicious, too. This hotel is a complete gem, and I like that it is not located right in the middle of all the touristy things, yet not so far away from attractions either. This is an outstanding place to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Monica O
Jackson, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 July 2009

We have visited Lancaster for many years. Based upon the reviews on Trip Adivsor, my wife and I decided to try the Eden Resort. We are certainly glad that we did. Upon our arrival we were told that we were eligible for an upgrade to a suite. Our rate was quite good for a "regular" room; it was an amazing bargain for a suite.

The room was decorated beautifully, with a walk-in shower, nice lighting, comfortable king size bed, balcony. My wife thought that this was the most beautiful hotel that we have visited. We enjoyed the nice large outdoor pool; we were fortunate enough to have three excellent pool days. The outdoor poolside food/beverage service outstanding; we ordered lunch twice; it was delivered promptly and the food was delicious. The hotel restaurants were reasonablly priced; you can pay less outside of the hotel, but we thought that the prices weren't bad for a resort. If we want an inexpensive breakfast/lunch/snack, a Sheets store shares the parking lot with the hotel.

The only negative is that the hotel is directly off busy Route 30; when outside you hear the highway noise constantly; the pool area is only about 100 yards from the highway. However, when inside your room, you cannot hear the highway.

We will certainly stay at this Resort again next summer.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple