Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square
US$176
US$126
US$78
Red Roof
Comfort Suites Amish Country(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$87
ComfortSuites
US$144
US$133
Agoda.com
Fulton Steamboat Inn(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
US$118
All reviewsconvention centerself parkdepartment storethe concierge loungecentral marketparking garagefront deskcorner roomheart of downtownper dayfarmers marketwithin walking distancebeautiful hotelrestaurants and shopshotel restauranthot tubroom key
Reviewed 7 July 2010

This is a newer modern hotel on par with many 4 star hotels that we have stayed in the past. The hotel lobby is beautifully decorated and the hotel is connected to the convention center. Hotel staff was friendly at check in but we had to wait 15 minutes to check in due to only one person working at the front desk. There is a restaurant and bar on premises which we did not use. We were assigned a room on the 15th floor. The room was spacious and beautifully decorated with modern conveniences such as flat screen TV.

The fifth floor of the hotel is dedicated to the fitness center, spa and changing rooms, and the pool area. The fitness center and pool can only be accessed with your room key. The indoor pool could use some maintenance as the pool's liner was not installed properly. The pool's liner was lifting causing a lumpy feeling under our feet. The floor is very slippery when wet. The jacuzzi was not in use as it was closed for maintenance.

We chose to use express checkout which was very convenient and easy to use. This was a pleasant surprise and much appreciated. Express checkout can be completed on the TV or via phone. We left our room keys on the desk as instructed.

Since we stayed on a Sunday night, we parked on the street free of charge overnight, avoiding the $14.00 parking fee in the garage.

The hotel is located in historic downtown Lancaster. We did not find a lot to do in the immediate vicinity, but the hotel is 6 miles away from the Amish attractions and outlet shopping on Lincoln Highway (Route 30). Besides the hotel restaurant the are very limited dining options near the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tony64NJ
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We travel to Lancaster every summer and usuakky stay out on Route 30. Hilton Garden Inn, the Eden....etc. This year we got a great friends and family deal through Marriott so we decided to give Penn Sq. a try. We arrived later in the day Thursday after a 7 hour drive. Got the kids (15,13,8) settled in and took them to the pool for a quick dip. After that, they all crashed and wife and i took a nice walk around the hotel area. Plenty of little cafes and retail, although it was now 9pm and most were closed up. That would be my one disappointment, Lancaster rolls up early. Anyway, we found a great little Irish bar right next to hotel and had a night cap.

I wont bore you with over trave itinerary as i know you are here to learn about the hotel.

Parking - $14/day, garage attached to hotel, come and go as you please. Seemed very safe, no issues or concerns even when we came in later at night.

Check-in- smooth sailing. On way to room in 5 minutes. requested room change due to bedding/adjoining rooms and the very nice lady at the front desk (June) accomodated us wth a smile.

Room - large, very clean, modern.....not a single complaint. Beds comfy, AC kicked butt and it was 100 degrees out. Best part? A REAL shower...not some flimsy water saver.

The rest - cant beat location....admittedly did take some unexpected tours of downtown as our GPS did not want to cooperate. Walking distance from great food, retail, conveniences.....market, ATM, pharmacy....etc, it's all there.

3 weddings going on over the weekend and not a peep of disruption to the rest of us guests.

5 stars for this familyt!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank JMD1964
Reviewed 2 July 2010

I have stayed at many Marriotts and this is one of my favorites. I have stayed here several times over the past year. The hotel staff is quite helpful particularly the parking attendants. The rooms have always been clean and comfortable. The workout room is excellent. The restaurant and staff are first rate.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gola42139
Reviewed 28 June 2010

We stayed at the Marriott for a wedding. A large group of us reserved rooms on the block reserved by the Bride and Groom. Check in time was 4pm for a 4pm wedding. I don't know who at the Marriott organization thought this was realistically possible.

The hotel staff planned incredibly poorly for the arrival of dozens of hotel guests. Many people had to get ready in the small spa locker rooms. There were 10+ women in a two sink bathroom that all needed to do hair, makeup, and change into dresses. I heard some guests were unable to check in even at 5:30pm.

Two big thumbs down for the front desk staff. They were not even apologetic for the major inconvenience. They acted like it was par for the course. I will never return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
8  Thank Senor_Bogart
JennSchram, Manager at Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2010

On behalf of our entire team here at the Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square, I want to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. Providing Marriott’s high level of service and comfort to all of our guests is our number one priority. We thrive on feedback and take opportunities such as this one to learn better ways of serving our guests.

It is true that there is an inherent conflict with a 4 p.m. wedding and a 4 p.m. check in time. If wedding guests cannot arrive the day before the event, our preference always would be to extend the courtesy of early check in whenever humanly possible. Unfortunately, during higher occupancy times, it becomes more unlikely that we are able to extend that courtesy. If this is the case, we can provide an alternate space for our guests to use to prepare for their event in a sincere effort to assist them in managing the schedule conflict.

We are grateful for the opportunity to host you here at the Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square. We hope the rest of your experience was memorable and enjoyable.

Michelle Reynolds
Rooms Director

Reviewed 24 June 2010

This has everything typical of the modern Marriott hotels. They have a beautiful indoor pool next to their spa, and a fitness center that is okay for a quick workout. The concierge is very friendly and helpful, especially in suggesting things to do in Lancaster. The only complaint that I have is that when I checked in, the girl at the front desk hassled me about giving me the government rate because I am not a PA state employee, but an employee of another state there for work purposes. It bothered me even more because she said nothing about it to my coworker, and the hotel was almost empty (I was the only person on my entire floor the first night, and very few people checked in the rest of the time I was there). I stayed here because I was working at a company that was in the absolute middle of nowhere, and there were no other decent hotels nearby. I would stay here before I stayed in any other hotels in Lancaster.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business