Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square
US$176
US$82
US$78
Red Roof
Comfort Suites Amish Country(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$87
ComfortSuites
US$144
US$133
Agoda.com
Fulton Steamboat Inn(Lancaster)(Great Value!)
US$118
All reviewsconvention centerself parkdepartment storethe concierge loungecentral marketparking garagefront deskcorner roomheart of downtownper dayfarmers marketwithin walking distancebeautiful hotelrestaurants and shopshotel restauranthot tubroom key
Reviewed 31 August 2010

we were there for our niece rita smith's wedding, what a great experience staying with you, clean,comfortable, relaxing

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2010

The new Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at for business or pleasure. Very friendly and courteous staff. Great location too - right at the heart of newly revitalized downtown Lancaster and within easy walking distance to many quaint restaurants and shops. Great fitness center with brand new modern equipment. Large, beautiful indoor pool/hot tub area. Very nice views of the city/country side from the higher floors. The hotel's architectural design retains many of the historical features of the location from years past, which was once a revered department store. The Marriott's modern and comfortable lobby area "melts" neatly into the lobby of the brand new Lancaster convention center next door. Very nicely done!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank CyclingEE
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Daughter and I stayed here during our annual visit to the Renaissance Faire. I got a great rate from AAA. We had 2 rooms- they were clean and comfortable though a little short on bath amenities and towels. Not a big deal. Hotel has a very good bar, and the location is in downtown Lancaster near restaurants and shops. Did not care for the Pressroom Restaurant down the street. Valet parked but could have self parked if wanted. Had room service for breakfast- oatmeal and coffee- and came promptly. This is a good choice if you want a hotel with amenities.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank simmie17
Reviewed 17 August 2010

This hotel was really nice and the staff was awesome. That being said however, there were a number of issues with our stay. To start off with, when we arrived my husband and I went right to our room (which was beautiful by the way) I immediately changed though and headed down to the pool area where it was incredibly slippery!! Although there were signs noting such, it was definitely NOT enough! I almost wiped out big time!! I headed over to the hot tub where the water level was too low that the jets were blasting water out onto the pool deck, not to mention the water itself was on the yellow-side -- GROSS! So I decided to do the pool instead... and as soon as I got in, and started walking across the pool floor (which was lifting) I almost walked into a nasty floating jellyfish-like glob of long, dark hair -- Gross! Needless to say, after my nasty ordeal in the pool area, I decided that I absolutely needed a shower. So I headed back to my room where I told my husband about my disappointing encounters in my much anticipated pool outing and that I needed to shower. The shower was AWESOME! Later on that night however, when I was getting into bed, I pulled the blanket and sheets back to find a small dead bug sitting right there where I was about to lay -- gross!! My husband flicked it off and said 'what bug? get into bed'. Wanting to try and overlook yet another disappointing ordeal, I sucked it up and went to bed (which in spite of the 'surprise' in the bed was the best night's sleep I've had in a long time.

The second day though, we came back to our room after a long day of tourism and was after housekeeping came through, to find they forgot to leave us washcloths for the shower.... it being very late, I waited until morning to contact guest services. In the morning when I got up, I decided to walk down to guest services to request the forgotten washcloths and as I was getting into the elevator, the door hit me! I as well as the 3 people in the elevator were stunned! It caught us all by surprise and it hurt pretty good too. So when I got down to the desk I informed them of my washcloths situation and made a point to mention about the elevator needing to be checked as it almost knocked me off my feet.

2 hours later we were checking out and the manager asked that they could take an incident report, which I absolutely understood. After reading my survey that I completed and taking into consideration the elevator incident, he graciously offered to comp us for 1 night's stay, but then later said he couldn't because we paid through Priceline and Priceline would get the credit if it was issued. He instead offered to comp us for our parking (which was only $14) and we took it so we could get out and on our way.

Even though the hotel was beautiful, the little issues that we encountered really were enough to say that we probably won't be going back there anytime soon.

Really surprisingly disappointed...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ecnjvega
mmoosic, Manager at Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2010

On behalf of the staff and management of the Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square, I want to express appreciation for all constructive feedback offered by our guests on this forum. We take the opinions of our guests very seriously and work very hard to continuously refine our guests’ experience by assessing our own performance and learning from such valuable feedback. Our number one priority is to provide all guests with the highest level of service, comfort and safety. I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience our guests may have experienced at our hotel.

Thank you again for taking the time to communicate your feedback. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2010

My family and I stayed last Saturday, July 31st at the Marriott Penn Square. It is a new, very clean, nice hotel. I would highly recommend it, however, I must point out just how slippery the tile is around the entire pool. I did read another review prior to our stay that mentioned how slippery it was as well, so I was very conscious to always hold my children's hands anytime we were walking outside of the pool. It is an indoor pool located on the fifth floor. My four year old son managed to step a couple of feet away from my husband and went flying so fast to the floor that he smacked his right cheek and it immediately swelled up. They hotel did have one man walking around every so often trying to broom away water that was on the tiles. I just cannot believe that someone has not been hurt from a fall yet and sued the hotel. The hotel itself, should put some kind of rubberized mat all around the pool area, to prevent further falls. I also saw three adults slip and catch themselves while I was there, and I only stayed one night. I really hope the hotel takes care of making the pool area safer. Otherwise, the hotel was great - and worth staying at while visiting Lancaster, PA.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Dtrz9
JennSchram, General Manager at Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2010

We are committed in providing a safe environment for our guests in our pool areas. We would like our guests to know that our pool and the areas surrounding it have been thoroughly inspected by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and City code enforcement. These areas meet or exceed the stringent standards set forth by these agencies.

We voluntarily have taken an extra step of applying a textured pool deck surface treatment specifically designed to make a pool deck more slip-resistant.

Regardless of the steps we have taken to ensure the safety of our guests, flooring around a pool deck is often wet & slippery and can pose a hazard. We recommend that our guests exercise an abundance of caution while walking in this or any pool area. We always appreciate the opportunity to address any concerns brought to our attention directly. Our management team can be reached at 717-207-4000. Please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time.

Mark Moosic, General Manager, Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square