“Nice Hotel and Great Location”

Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Have stayed at this hotel twice over the past three months. Nice large rooms with a small fridge. Desk staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is convenient to downtown, and local attractions. I would stay here again!

Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank CTK6955

Reviewed 7 October 2012

My husband and I only stayed here for one night and it was fine for our purposes. It was clean and comfortable....friendly staff. The bathroom was a little on the small side as other reviewers have said.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cutiepebbles75
Reviewed 30 September 2012

The hotel was ok. The lobby and other public areas were fairly new and updated but the room was old. The mattress was literally falling apart. The zipper top had been removed and a foam pad placed on top and the whole thing sank in the middle. The wallpaper was also pealing in multiple places. We had a discounted military rate and paid $95 per night. Not sure if we got an older room because of that, but still I was disappointed with the stay. I've stayed at a lot of hotels and lately HGI is looking old. For a few dollars more, Marriott has a very nice hotel right in downtown Lancaster where we will be staying next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grayno
Reviewed 28 September 2012

This hotel is clean, the staff is nice and the location is convenient. It is also about as exciting as white rice and the food iat Clyde's is not worth the money. Breakfast is really the biggest rip off. It is $10 for a mediocre to bad buffet and ok eggs. The cook who makes the eggs is really accomidating but it doesn't make up for the poor selection.
They have an upgrade available to a room with a view. It is great if you get it but I would not pay extra for this option. It is just overlooking a small courtyard in the center of the hotel. The rooms are well sized but the bathrooms are tiny.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I am a business traveler, and I mostly stay within the Hilton family of hotels, and when Hilton brands are not available, IHG hotels. I am Gold with both Hilton and IHG and I spent about 30-40 nights each year in a hotel room, so I definitely have my fair shares of hotel experiences, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Hilton Garden Inn at Lancaster is another great stay for me! HGI is perfect for any business or family travelers. For business, you have all of your essential amenities like free Wifi, restaurant in a hotel, with a bar, a Herman Miller Mirra chair that’s great to sit on, and a functional layout room design. For families, the room is on the larger side compare to other hotels in its class, close to all the Amish stuff. Rooms have mini-fridge and microwaves, so it’s convenient if you bring drinks/food with you on your vacation.

The room itself is great as well, as I have mentioned larger compare to other hotels in its class (my opinion) and offers a functional layout. Bathroom is good but on the smaller side, not a lot of space to move around and the shower door is behind the bathroom door, and the amenities are great, towels are large and very soft. The HGI bed is known as one of the most comfortable ones in the industrial because you can adjust the firmness. HGI (and Hampton Inns) washes the duet for every guest before their arrival, so it smells nice and fresh. You have array choice for pillows for firmness and the AC unit in each room is quiet compare to other hotels.

The hotel staffs are great; they will go out of their ways to ensure you are happy. The hotel offers a great size pool and a whirlpool to relax, and a great workout room by Precor. I love working out with Precor equipments as they are the best in the industry. As you have probably noticed by now, I am very conscious about certain brands and things used in a hotel, because these little things typically provide a hint that the hotel is little bit better than its competitions.

As a business traveler, especially after a long day of traveling, the last thing you want is to show up at a hotel and have surprises waiting for you in your room, and not the good kind of surprises. When I arrive at HGI at Gettysburg, I know what to expect and going to get, a great roomy space, a comfortable chair and a bed where I feel comfortable doing a face planting (frequent travelers, you know what I am talking about!) There are a lot of choices in Gettysburg due its tourist nature, but my choice is clear, Hilton Garden Inn at Gettysburg! And I encourage you to join me and experience everything this HGI has to offer you, you will not regret it!

Happy Traveling!

Room Tip: Room on the 2nd floor have vaulted ceiling, so it's "bigger" because you have more hea...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Vic W
Reviewed 16 September 2012

My and my wife stayed at the Hilton Garden inn for one night to celebrate our anniversary. Check-in was fast and easy and the room was very comfortable. The bed was a little too soft, even though it is adjustable and was on the firmest setting. The bathroom was tiny and oddly laid out for such a large room, and two people could not function in it at the same time. We wish we had used some more of the amenities, but it was a very nice stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Thought check-in was easy-friendly man-told me about where pamphlets were for around local area. Got lost trying to find room though-slightly confusing. Room was large and clean with nice comfortable queen size beds. The bathroom was extremely tiny though-hard to manuever around in-hard to close door. Pool area nice-but the problem was it closed so early and while we were there there was a large soccer tournament and there were many little kids running in and out of area being really loud and unsupervised-not what the four adults in the whirlpool were looking for while they were trying to relax. Went to go to bar to try but unfortunately there was a loud group of the parents of these kids. I was very thankful I couldn't hear these kids when I was in my room. This hotel is about 15 minutes away from the outlets and the Amish country. Overall, this hotel is just average for the price they charge I expected a little more.

Room Tip: Choose a corner room-roomy and peaceful-close to stairs
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family