“"Excellent Stay"”

Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 21 June 2013

This is the best hotel that anyone could possibly stay in Lancaster! The cool thing about this HGI is that they have a Deluxe room, and that's something you usually don't find at an HGI! The dinner was delicious, the breakfast really got me full, the beds were comfortable, and it was just a great stay! My dad and I stayed at a Wingate by Wyndham for one night and it was absolutely terrible. But HGI saved the day! Way to go!

Room Tip: Check out the pool and spa. It's very nice and has a view of one of the courtyards. Take advant...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Aaron B

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Nice hotel, convenient location and pleasant staff. Breakfast was delicious and quick and starts at 6am which is a great bonus! Overall a positive stay! Layout of hotel is sprawling...be sure to move your var around to the closest door.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cody R
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I stayed here with my husband and two small kids during Memorial Day weekend. The hotel is in a good location. The rooms were spacious enough. There was a small fridge which is handy to have with kids. My kids loved going to the indoor pool. I used the fitness center which was perfectly fine. Our room opened on to a courtyard which helped with giving the kids extra space to run around.

The hotel restaurant wasn't that great. For breakfast, we bought muffins the day before and stored them in the fridge.

1  Thank MsMNyc
Reviewed 8 June 2013

The room was fresh and clean and the bed was SO comfortable, sleeping was heavenly. I use this hotel every time I am in Lancaster which is about once a year for the past 5 years or so and have been satisfied with everything - every time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jan1606
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We live in Richmond, VA and we always stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. If they have no rooms available, we don't go to Lancaster. We wait until we can get a room at the Hilton. It's a very nice hotel and the staff is friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Henry D
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Overpriced at $195.00 a night and no continental breakfast. Room and bathroom were a little small. I've stayed in just as nice hotels at half the price. Many hotels in this area, so look elsewhere for a better value. It was a busy weekend when I stayed and many hotels were booked or I would have stayed somewhere else.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

This hotel was satisfactory. It is in a good location convenient to many restaurants and shops. When we checked in, it seemed that we were ignored by Rick. I thought that perhaps he was just busy. Later when I went to the front desk to see if they offered tea or hot chocolate along with the coffee, he did the same thing to me. I would prefer it if he made acknowledged me, made eye contact and let me know that he knew that I was there. After I had waited for several minutes while the female front desk clerk was with other customers, he finally said that someone would be with me but he never looked up at me at all. I had to wait several more minutes for the female employee to finish with the customers she was talking to. He also told me that there was tea by the free coffee. I had already checked and knew that there was none but I checked again and let him know so. He looked around and found a basket full of odds and ends with 4 or 5 tea bags in it and let me have a couple. He told me that the reason that there was no tea bags is because someone would be restocking it at 5:00 AM. That was 9 or 10 hours away. :(

The housekeeping staff was friendly. I did notice a hair on our toilet when I initially entered our bathroom and there was a dead bug on the floor. The main problem with the hotel, in my opinion, is that the furnishing seem to be very old and outdated. This makes the whole place feel dirty. The carpet throughout the entire building need to be replaced or at least deep cleaned with a good shampooing.

The beds were ok but not as comfortable as I expected.

1  Thank TravelinFool1976