“Great location”

Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The best thing going for this hotel is the location. It is convenient to down town and the other attractions in the county. Our experience was mixed. We found the staff pleasant and helpful. We had a great room location on the first floor, although the walls seemed paper thin as we heard hall traffic and conversations as plain as day. Everything worked fine in the room, including the adjustable bed, although the air conditioner was very loud. The Internet connectivity worked great and the breakfast was satisfactory.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Two_from_NC1

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Spacious courtyard with glass of wine from hotel bar was perfect for evening family gatherings- made up for no free breakfast. Clean turkey hill next door with excellent breakfast sandwiches! Friendly staff, comfy beds, great shower, indoor pool got a lot of use. We didn't use pool even though our room was closest to it. Didn't mind any activity or noise from it. Would definitely come here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Frolzer
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I met friends in Lancaster and shared a room. Everything was clean and conveniently located near F&M (and right next door to one of my favorite restaurants, Isaac's). The price seemed a little steep for such a small city, but I appreciated the free internet since I'm a Hilton Honors member. I wish the hotel bar had been open later to have a place to sit and catch up with friends, but that's not a huge problem.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Colette S
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Our stay at this hotel was horrible! First our room was not ready on time. Then I lost my wallet and a wonderful guest at the hotel found it for me,they went to the office three times and the office never contacted me or told me after I went to the front desk to inquire about it.
We also overheard a manager making very inappropriate comments to another guest! Certainly not the service I would expect from this hotel!
The facilities and the rooms were all in very good shape but expect to deal with a very inadequate staff!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheryl S
MichelleGehman, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I hope that you will be our guest again – thank you for your review.

Kind regards,
Michelle Gehman - General Manager

Reviewed 25 June 2013

This is a newish hotel and rooms include a small refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot. I would have given it 5 stars except that I didn't realize our room didn't include a bathtub (shower only).

The outlet malls and downtown Lancaster are about 15 minutes away depending upon traffic. It's located next door to a Fairfield Inn and a Homewood Suites. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and access to the freeway is quick and easy.

Room Tip: If you'd like a bathtub, request one upon checkin.
1  Thank Adjay30
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Everything was fine; however, was a bit pricey and could have included breakfast. Coffee was free and was very good, though. This was a fairly large hotel with 4 large wings and it can be a bit of a walk to get to the lobby if you needed to.

1  Thank Richard D
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Our room and bed were very comfortable. The breakfast was great, especially the omelette bar. The pool was nice, but the chlorine order was overwhelming. The internet access was fast and easy. Is that 200 characters? I can't believe such an inane requirement.

1  Thank Bill B