“Good sleeping and towels”

Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good sleeping and towels”
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed here on a business trip and it was good. The mattress was firm and comfortable - a good night of sleep. The bathroom and decor were fine. The only downside is that the room still had to old style air/heat unit under the window instead of something more modern run off a thermostat. There is a good restaurant in the hotel lobby, but it isn't included in the cost of the room.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear everything went well during your stay. I am pleased to inform you that we are currently undergoing renovations which will address the heating and cooling systems.

We hope you'll be able to join us for a visit in the future. If there is anything I can help you with in the future, please let me know

717-560-0880

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Deerfield, IL
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Stayed here recently on business.
The room was very clean and spacious and the personnel were very nice.
My main issue were I didn't feel it was up to what I expect from Hilton. Elevator was way down the hall, the pool and whirlpool were closed for renovation and no concession made fee-wise - just you can go across the street to Homewood (which I would have stayed at had I known)
Sun night- restaurant and bar were closed- no room service, not even a yellow pages so I could order in. Breakfast is not included and was just OK, which it would be across the street...
Next time- I think I'll be...across the street at Homewood Suites.

Room Tip: Go across the street to Homewood Suites
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank irisarbor
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed your room accommodations. Though the elevator is placed off the main lobby, there are other options such as parking entrance D which will put you right by the entrance next to the elevator.

I am sorry that you were disappointed that the pool was closed, however like you stated we did make arrangements for our guests to be able to use the Homewood’s pool. We tried to reach out to all of our guests to inform them of the pool closure however, not all guests were reachable.

If you ever need recommendations on dining, attractions, or activities in the area please utilize the front desk team. We are here to help make your stay as enjoyable as possible. If you do not wish to ask the front desk, we also offer a complimentary 24 hour business center.

If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Warm wishes,
United States
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Conveniently located with comfortable and tidy rooms, although they could use some updating. Layout can be a little confusing. Easy check-in/out, really friendly staff! Breakfast was good, excellent wait staff. My go-to hotel when I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank YKL1
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn of Lancaster. We appreciate your feedback on the current condition of the hotel. We are pleased to inform you that we are currently undergoing renovations which began December 16th. We are overhauling all of the guest rooms with new furnishings, fresh paint, new carpet and tile in the entry way. Once the guest rooms are completely renovated we are moving to other public spaces within the hotel.

I hope you will chose the Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster during your next visit to see the progress we have made to better accommodate our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster
NEWBURGH
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This hotel was not only very convenient but extremely clean and well maintained. The staff was very cordial and more than willing to go out of their way to be helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GREGG G
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your stay with the TripAdvisor community! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the service provided by our staff throughout the hotel. We appreciate your business and hope you can visit us again soon. If there is anything I can do to further assist you please feel free to contact me directly.

Houston, United States
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Clean, comfortable rooms. Loved the type of coffee/tea maker in room. Layout is a little confusing. Need more items on the breakfast buffet. Was unclear what ingredients were offered for the hot breakfast/ omelets.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Ginger S
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn of Lancaster. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the Keurig Coffee maker in your guest room! I will be sure to pass along the recommendations for the breakfast buffet. Guest feedback is imperative to us to better serve our guests, the more feedback we receive the better we can adapt and accommodate our guests.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of Lancaster. I hope you will be able to stay with us in the future. If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Warm wishes,
717-560-0880 ext. 630
Scranton
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We really enjoyed staying at the Hilton Garden Inn while we were doing our Christmas Shopping in nearby Lancaster, PA ! It is convenient to so many shops and restaurants. After a log day and night shopping it was nice to come back to a comfortable cozy room with a lobby all bright and shiny and decorated for the holidays! The cleanliness level of this establishment cannot be beat. It is so well kept and inviting for the traveler, shopper, tourist no matter what the season. Glad we booked it as our "Go To" Hotel!

Room Tip: We loved the corner rooms and different views into the courtyards..very different.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kabulkathy
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn of Lancaster. We know you have many choices when traveling and we want you to know we appreciate you as our loyal guest. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations during your stay. If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Ambler, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Hotel is in a good location off the highway. However, when I checked into my non-smoking room, it smelled like cigarette smoke. I couldn't change rooms as I needed to be next to a family who had already checked in.

I called to complain about the smoke. When I had stepped out of the room, they came and sprayed air freshener which made it worse. It was hard to breathe.

Carpet was stained. Heater was dated. Corners were dusty and linens were old and dirty.

The pool area needed to renovation as their was an cone in the middle of the floor where a tile was missing.

However, the gym was small, but good. Breakfast buffet for $9.99 is a great deal and the employees were kind.

If you look at my other reviews, you will see that I rarely give poor ratings.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster. I am sorry we did not meet all of your expectations.

I would like to apologize for the room not being up to your standards. In regards to the smell of cigarette smoke, we are going completely smoke free on December 16, 2013. We are very excited for the change so we can better accommodate our guests. We are also beginning room renovations in January 2014 in all our guest room! We are excited to provide our guests with a new and modern guest room. During the renovation we are also completely redoing our indoor pool area to address issues such as tile work.

As you can see we are in the midst of a complete over-haul. I hope you will give us the chance to serve you again to show you how amazing our property truly is.

If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.