“Great Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Hotel was/is newly renovated. The rooms are very clean and spacious enough. Plenty of towels, etc. Pool was clean and big and nice hot tub. Breakfast was $10 for all you can eat buffet. I think all hotels should offer free breakfast for the rate you are paying though...Coffee, tea, cookies in lobby are free daily. Would definately stay here again. Close enough to all Lancaster attractions.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Budd Lake, United States
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Unfortunately, the staff there seems to be very "professional" and not "sincere". There seems to be a sense of entitlement... WE ARE THE HILTON!! There's a very big difference between a smile and a grin. If you're looking for a hotel with "Lancaster-country charm and hospitality", this is not it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Daniel L
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I want to thank the night desk staff on duty Friday March 14, especially the manager Rick who saved me from a booking nightmare; partly Price Line's (first, and LAST time) horrendous non-changeable/non-refundable policy and their website, partly my error.

PL seems to allow NO exception for human error, even if their web site is part of the problem. An overnight stay, I needed to change my check-in/check-out days - off by ONE DAY. Mistake or not, PL wanted payment for the night I couldn't stay and the new date. Another PL policy; the client must go through them NOT the hotel. After the run around from 2 PL reps I called Hilton anyway.

With the help of Rick and desk assistant Juliana I changed my check-in/check-out days. They were polite and understanding, and Rick recognized a simple mistake. He agreed to accept the new booking at NO additional cost. A 3rd PL rep confirmed my call to Rick, and afterward agreed to charge one night only; ONE HOUR on the phone later.

I'm indebted to Rick. Whenever I need a room in the Lancaster area I'll be sure to start with Hilton Garden Inn. God bless the staff for their human kindness, and not acting like business machines.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EJW2014
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your stay with the TripAdvisor community! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the service provided by our staff throughout the hotel. I will be sure to pass along the wonderful comments you left about Rick and Juliana!

Moorestown, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This hotel is amazing! Wonderful staff, recently renovated rooms, very clean and quiet. I am a travel coordinator for a national swim team, and my kids and parents were very pleased with the Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank sandra46641
MichelleGehman, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thanks for your review, Sandra! Our team will be happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to hosting you again when you visit Lancaster! If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

New Hampshire
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My room was clean, the staff were friendly, and I had a good stay at this hotel. But by Hilton Garden Inn standards, this property was a little disappointing. HGIs tend to feel a little fancier than, say, a Hampton Inn, which I stay at a lot and enjoy staying at. This HGI just didn't feel like a HGI. The room was a bit more plain, the bed a little less comfortable. By the time you figure in taxes, I paid $179 for the night. It just didn't feel like the value was there. Again, nothing bad happened, but it just didn't feel like the usual experience of staying at a Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank prch
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn of Lancaster. We know you have many choices when traveling and we want you to know we appreciate you as our loyal guest. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your accommodations during your stay. If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Easton, Maryland
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I highly recommend this hotel to anybody whose travels take them in and around Lancaster, PA. From the front desk personnel to the dining room to the people who work in maintenance, everyone is very pleasant, helpful and professional. You will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank fummer1966
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear everything went well during your stay. We hope you'll be able to join us for a visit in the future. If there is anything I can help you with in the future, please let me know

Williamsport, United States
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Once we arrived at hotel, my reservation was confirmed and the front desk clerk was very helpful. We inquired about restaurants around the neighborhood and was given a list of local restaurants, we were also given directions to the Lancaster Host REsort. As a Hilton Honor member I was treated with my two bottles of water which was refreshing. The room itself was very clean and smelled fresh so my overal experience was very comforting and relaxing. The use of the fitness center was also a good experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Lisa W
MichelleGehman, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your stay with the TripAdvisor community! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the service provided by our staff throughout the hotel. We appreciate your business and hope you can visit us again soon. If you ever need assistance making arrangements for future stays or if I can be of further assistance in anyway please do not hesitate to contact me directly.