“Great hotel”

Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Athens, West Virginia
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 14 November 2010

We went to visit with our new niece and chose to stay in this hotel due to location and my honors membership. The hotel staff said that this is The Original Garden Inn - the building layout is different from all the others I have stayed in that is for sure. The halls are a bit of a maze, but the carpets are now brand new and everything in the common areas was very clean. The room was large and clean, the bathroom was a bit small, but I loved the walk in shower. Our room was facing the highway, but we heard nothing inside except when we opened the window. Didn't hear anything through the walls either. The room was cleaned very well down to the spot free glass shower doors. The mattress had the dial setting, which we turned from medium firm to medium soft and slept wonderfully. It was a nice place to sleep for a few nights as our days were completely away from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WVZoomy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Coopersburg,PA
Reviewed 28 September 2010

Interestng hotel stay! Came for a wedding and had to promise to not make noise after 9 in the evening and sign a document stating adults would behave. Wedding was not even on property. Told that "During high occupancy weekends it is our policy to give out the code of conduct as a reminder to ALL guests checking in. We do this for the safety security and comfort of all our guests". This was for paying customers???? Detracted from our stay, and not even an apology.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank traveltrek57
JDeeds, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 18 October 2010
First let me say thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is through these reviews that we are able to grow our customer service.

During high occupancy weekends it is our policy to give out the code of conduct as a reminder to ALL guests checking in. We do this for the safety security and comfort of all our guests. It is never used to target any specific group of guests. It is in fact given out to everyone who stays with us during these peak times.
NYC
Reviewed 30 August 2010

For its type of hotel , it is very good. Standard Hilton motel but with a touch of comfort. Front desk is very accommodating

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mlztravel
Windermere, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster has large rooms, comfy beds, and a great breakfast cooked to order. We stayed for 2 nights while visiting the area and found it convenient to Hershey Park, Amish farms and Elizabethtown College. Easy on and off the highway. Had a good sized indoor pool and small fitness center. Staff very friendly and the place very clean- saw housekeeping on their hands and knees scrubbing the bathroom floors in the lobby bathroom! A+ for full breakfast included in our rate.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DVCSue
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 25 April 2010

I have been staying at the Hilton Garden Inn since it was built many years ago.My work takes me to the Lancaster area every other week.I sincerely feel that the Hilton Garden Inn is my home away from home.I always look forward to seeing the employees when I first arrive.They are always friendly and willing to help me with anything I might need.The facilities are always clean. The food is always well prepared. I especially enjoy Breakfast.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank ccraddock
JDeeds, Guest Service Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, 27 April 2010
Mr. Cradock, I first want to thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey. The Surveys are the best ways for our property to get feedback from our guests on what areas of our hospitality services we are excelling in and those we might need to address or make changes to. We know that through this additional information we can learn and grow as a hotel property, and better serve our guests.

it 'is always great to see you each week. I like that you tell us what you think about local resturants. It really helps us give our other guests great reviews.

See you soon.
~Jason Deeds
Fairfax, VA
Reviewed 13 February 2010

My fiance and I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. It was full of amenities including a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee-maker and little touches like neutrogena soap in the bathrooms. The bed had lots of pillows and was very comfy. The heated indoor swimming pool was just the right temperature, and the hot tub was very nice and hot! The breakfast was maybe a little pricey but it is fresh and well prepared. I recommend the fresh made-to-order omelets.

Thank you to the entire staff for making our romantic weekend a pleasant stay!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bubbeenme
Virginia
Reviewed 28 November 2009

My wife and I stayed here because it was much cheaper than the Hampton Inn we normally stay in and we were only in for the weekend. We checked in and seemed to wander over the entire hotel before we finally arrived at our room. Our room was right across from a bank of smoking rooms and the entire hallway reeked. We went back to the desk and asked to be moved to another room. The next room had a terrible smell, akin to burnt hair and the traffic noise from highway 283 was daunting. We were then moved to another room (at least the staff were accommodating), a so-called Garden view room. Big deal. Only thing I cared about was it didn't stink and it was very quiet. The bathroom however, was tiny. The smallest I've ever seen. There was less than an inch clearance between the opening door and the front of the commode! I made the mistake of fully shutting the door and couldn't get it open. Thankfully my wife was in the room and was able to get me out. If someone were traveling alone they would have been in trouble. The bathroom did feature the wonderful Neutrogena/HGI soaps and shampoos. The TV was a big, old school CRT that desperately needs replacing. The bed was OK, but I only slept at tops 4 hours each night. The breakfast was great, best part of the stay and was free thanks to being a HHonors Gold VIP. Still, the negatives outweighed the positives and I wouldn't recommend staying there.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple