“Beautiful and wonderful experience!”

Fulton Steamboat Inn
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
PA
“Beautiful and wonderful experience!”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

The Fulton Steamboat Inn is a beautiful hotel and an awesome experience! The hotel is spectacular, price is great, spotless, and wonderful, helpful staff. The coy and duck pond and sitting area outside is so relaxing and pretty. You must stay here when you visit Lancaster! It was awesome!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Me and my family have been going to Lancaster the last few summers. We always make a point to spent a few days at the Fulton Steamboat. You can see the uniqueness of this hotel from the pictures. What you can't see in the pictures is the friendliness of the staff. They go out of there way to make you feel like "part of their family". The hotel is great for the kids as well (i.e. they can adopt a fish during their stay, feed the ducks, play on the playground etc...). I'm sure next year when we venture to Lancaster we will be stopping by the Fulton.

1 Thank jimfrompittsburghpa
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We were to Lancaster/Strasburg a few times previously and were intrigued by the stellar reviews for the Fulton Steamboat Inn and its outside decor. The rooms are nice: clean, well furnished, comfortable. However, the amenities are in no way justified by the cost. There simply are other hotels in the area that provide the same and more for substantially cheaper. Perhaps it is the steamboat theme that lures travelers, though it fails to play a substantial role. Nonetheless, this hotel is highly overrated. The pool is well kept but extraordinarily small--if there are five or more people in it, you will bump into them. The bar was passable, though the service was lethargic despite a sparse crowd. However, the deal breaker was the theft which occurred and the utter lack of response from management. My wife left a pair of shoes in our room upon checkout, and she realized this about a half-hour after departing the hotel. We returned in person, only to be told that the shoes had vanished, lost and found was closed for the day, and a phone call the following day was required. We were frustrated, but we did not give up hope. We called the following day and left a message, No reply. We called again the next day and left a message. No reply. Again we called two days later and left a message. Again there was no reply. This is inexcusable to say the least. At $180/night, one would expect far better service. There are too many options in the area, and this lack of professionalism and thievery preclude staying here ever again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ItineraryUnknown
RobFulton1229, General Manager at Fulton Steamboat Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2011
Dear Steamboat Passenger,

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent experience with us aboard the Fulton Steamboat Inn, located in the heart of Lancaster County, PA. Your feedback regarding the comfort and cleanliness of our guest rooms is very appreciated, and we thank you for sharing these items with the readers of TripAdvisor.

Our team works very hard to provide exceptional guest services and clean well kept accomodations, which ultimately support our goal of ensuring our guests receive a great value. In addition, the Fulton features several programs that support our value driven philosophy such as Exclusive Passenger Discounts in our full service restaurant and tavern, Guppy Love, Complimentary Wi-Fi access, a Welcome Reception for all guests with cookies and lemonade, complimentary coffee and tea reception during morning hours, exclusive guest room accomodations, and pool hours for our adult guests, and many different activities for our "Jr. First Mates." If you have any suggestions on how we can continue to improve our guests' perception of value, please do not hesitate to contact me directly as it is through our guests' remarks that we will improve.

I am very surprised to hear about the uncharacteristic poor service which you received in regards to your lost item, especially from our management team. Our team is typically very willing to assist our guests who may happen to leave an item behind. Unfortunately, we did not follow through on your item, however, I will look into the missing shoes, and contact you directly once I have more information. I look forward to talking to you soon.

Best Regards,

Peter J. Chiccarine
Fulton Steamboat Inn
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I booked this hotel after seeing the great reviews here on Tripadvisor.
I traveled with my husband to relax, see Amish country and do some outlet shopping.
We arrived to find a super clean, friendly hotel that has paid careful attention to it's decorating. I felt like I was on a steamboat!
Check in was quick and we arrived in our room on the "adults only" floor. Our room had a large bed that was elevated (steps provided to get in and out of bed but are not required). Room was much bigger than expected with an electric fireplace and large bathroom. Large closet and small refrigerator and microwave as well. Comfy robes in the closet too! We also had a sliding glass door with an outdoor seating area with two chairs and a table. We enjoyed sitting out there looking at the farmland.
The Amish are all around and we could see them riding in their horse drawn buggies on the adjacent road.
We ate breakfast in the restaurant and it was very good. It seemed that some people came there just to eat that were not hotel guests so they must have a reputation for good food!
This is one of the most pleasant and lovely hotels that we have stayed in, we would definitely stay again!
For the ladies- the outlets are very close with tons of stores, great location for a girls shopping weekend!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WarmWeatherLovers
Eastern PA
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 4 days. We are frequest visitors to the Lancaster area but this was our first stay at the Fulton and we were very pleased. We booked a king room on the observation deck (for people 16 and older only) The room was lovely with a gas fireplace and balcony overlooking a nice pasture. The furniture was more upscale than your average hotel on this floor ( Victorian themed) so I'm sure this is why they have an age limit. The pool was warm and clean with plenty of fresh towel and the hot tub was perfect ( and I'm fussy about them!!) Every night my husband and I watched the farmer next door round up the horses and cows and bring them back to the barn, very charming. This location is very close to Dutch wonderland, The Sights and Sound Theatre and also to the train station where they have Thomas the Tank weekends. The families that were there all seemed very happy..The Hotel treats the kids like royalty with free gifts and even a fish to have in the room during the stay. My only word of caution is this.....the hotel is still right on Route 30, a four lane heavily travel highway., Even in the back rooms where we stayed, you can still not escape that fact. So if you are looking for Zen like calm and tranquility-this is not quite it. If you don't mind some hustle and bustle to be right in the middle of the action. this is the place!!

Room Tip: Stay on the back side to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nancyandstu
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We (my Mom, son & I) have been staying at the Steamboat Inn twice a year for about 4 years now. We LOVE it there. This past week my Mom & I took our 1st Annual GIRLS ONLY trip to Lancaster. We were only able to stay 1 night but we had a GREAT time. We booked a room on the 3rd floor & it was absolutely gorgeous!! We will be returning over the Christmas Holiday with my son.

1 Thank lovemysoul
Fall River, Ma.
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I have traveled all over the USA and this was one of the best hotel's by far. We will be back and I will tell all that if you are in the Lancaster area you mush stay at the Steamboat.

1 Thank Richard501105