“VERY Glad we tried it!”

Fulton Steamboat Inn
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I am very glad we tried the Fulton Steamboat Inn!

Cons: If coming from the North, have to go through busy Lancaster. Route 30 is congested up to the Fulton Steamboat Inn. Check glassware for cleanliness. Maid missed them in the "closet" refrigerator section. Some mold on bathtub plug. One elevator, though we did not have to wait.

Pros: Remodled. Rooms spacious on the third floor. Private balcony in addition to a private deck at the end of the hall. Comfortable. Quiet. Pick even numbnered rooms for a better view of farmlands. Loved the lake with ducks and waterfalls.(Food to feed the water fowl available!) Really nice atmosphere and kept beautifully. Nice staff. Quick checkin. Huge bathrooms. Beds comfortable. Comp terry-cloth bath robes. On-site restaurant and longe. (Nice!) Breakfast $5.95 with room. Great jungle-jim set for kids. After dinner, everyone gathers around the lake for walking and talking and it is really beautiful after a long day's drive. (Unique from most hotels.) Swimming pool indoors/but seems outdoors. Can walk to stores or other restaurants if you want.

Cookies and soft-drinks complementary in afternoon. Ice-cold lemonade!

Room Tip: If traveling without children, stay on the third floor. (Adults only floor) Choose odd numbered ro...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda Margaret
Write a ReviewReviews (1,957)

Reviewed 27 June 2012

We have been coming to The Fulton Steamboat since 08 and will never stayed anywhere else, this is actually the only place we have stayed and they have captured our business for life. You couldn't find a more friendlier staff then the steamboat has. The hotel is beautiful and clean, I have never had one negative experience or stay there. The outside pond/walking trail and chairs to relax in and children's playground is wonderful and peaceful. The ducks and fish are great to feed or just watch. We have meet a few families from out of town that come the same time we do every year and have made friendships and the kids LOVE LOVE the pool area! I love the hot tub! This is a true family friendly established business. If you stayed here and or thinking about by all means don't hesitate this is a great hotel to stay and play you and your children's we will satisfied.You will want to come back year after year as we do and will always!!!! See you soon Steamboat!!

Room Tip: If you have children the room with bunk beds great I liked them too and if you like to spend a lot o...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank breezzzy
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I have visited the Steamboat Inn several times a year for quite a few years. The Inn is always very clean and the staff is professional and friendly. On this visit, I learned that the long-time general manager, Peter, had recently departed. He was very people-oriented and treated all of the guests like members of a family. I am certain his leadership made that hotel what it is today. I hope the new manager continues his winning ways. I must say that employees seemed somewhat reserved, maybe because of this recent change. Arlene, in the gift shop, is an outstanding employee. She is very friendy and a true professional. I did not think the quality of food or service in the restaurant was quite as good as in the past. Our server at breakfast seemed more focused on preparing for a bus group than anything else. There was a new playground for the children, very nice. I am hoping that the Steamboat Inn will continue to be a great place to stay.

1  Thank Sandysfe
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed at the Fulton Steamboat and had a nice time. The room was a nice size and well appointed. We have a young child so we enjoyed the pool and playground. I also very much appreciated that this hotel had a restaurant and bar - comes in handy when you want a snack or cocktail after the little one goes to bed.

1  Thank Jessilee79
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My family and I had a great time here. My kids loved the playground, feeding the ducks and fish, and the pool. I had wished that the pool was a little bit bigger though. It got crowded with just a couple other families. The room was nice and clean. My kids loved the bunk beds and for once my spouse and I got to sleep in the same bed while on vacation. The bed was so comfy, I didn't want to get out of it. The staff was great, especially the lady that ran the gift shop. I am disappointed though that we didn't get some sort of breakfast voucher. We did get 10% off, however most hotels give you a free breakfast. Also, the menu was a bit limited and pricey. I would suggest that they look into trying to add a tv channel for small children such as Disney Junior or Nick Junior. There were lots of small children and the disney and nickelodeon channels are for older kids. Very minor issues, overall it is a great place!!!

2  Thank Angela B
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We have twins that are almost 3 years old and this was a great place to stay for them. There is a wonderful play area that has so many fun things, plus it is new, so is very clean. The duck feeding was a big hit and of course we had to adopt a goldfish to accompany us in our room. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is nicely kept with very detailed decor of a steamboat. There is an endless supply of lemonade available to all guests in the lobby and every afternoon, they serve warm chocolate chip cookies. The only problem we had was that our room felt very damp. The bedding and towels were damp but not sure if it is because the hotel is surrounded by a moat, or maybe because we were so close to the indoor pool. That wasn't a good feeling though. And the pillows could have been better, but that is so minor that it isn't worth mentioning. I would definitely stay here again and would love this hotel even more if it had an outdoor pool with a kiddie pool.

Room Tip: The rooms for families is reserved for the bottom floor and the staff is nice enough to put a "...
1  Thank tring92
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My wife and I were ther this weekend for our anniversary and the staff was freindly and the service was excellent. I would like to mention a few individuals that made our stay very delightful. Bob was our waiter at breakfast and the two bar tenders Steve and David made us feel as if we knew them forever. The entire staff right down to the Bus Boys were both friendly and courteous. i would recommend a weekend there to anyone who wants to get away and yet not feel like a stranger.

Room Tip: The third floor is called the "First Class" section and along with that come discounts in...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple