“Loved, Loved, Loved it!”

Fulton Steamboat Inn
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I just returned from a quick mid-week getaway. Our accommodations were so luxurious that we decided to stay another night. The Fulton Steamboat Inn is a far cry from ordinary hotels. The Inn is by far one of the cleanest and well-maintained properties we've ever stayed at. And the little touches in the room did not go unnoticed. There are ceramic coffee cups and real glasses for beverages (none of those plastic wrapped squishy styrofoam or plastic cups), luxurious bathrobes, an abundance of thick oversized towels, and Bath and Body Works lotion, soaps, shampoo, and conditioner. Our room was huge, well-appointed, and the king bed was extremely comfortable. And the bathroom was large enough to dance in! (We were on the Sun-Deck which we highly recommend.) As for the hotel amenities, we enjoyed the hot-tub, the game room, fresh-baked cookies, cocktails in the lounge and, in particular, the fire pit...our absolute favorite! We cannot say enough good things about our stay and we are already planning another visit there. We highly recommend The Fulton Steamboat Inn as an alternative to an ordinary hotel stay in the Lancaster area. It is evident that the owners, management and staff take great pride in the Inn and everyone we spoke with indicated that they loved their jobs. We had an awesome time and would like to thank management again for all they did to make our stay enjoyable. We will be indeed be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This summer, my family spent a night at The Fulton Steamboat in Lancaster. It actually looks like a steamboat, but I was pleased to find it very tasteful, welcoming and not at all exploitative of its kitsch factor. Their Huckleberry breakfast was truly fantastic. The service at check in, the gift shop and restaurant were exceptionally friendly. Arlene in the gift shop was even caring for an injured duck. Speaking of, there are tons of ducks to feed. The landscaping outside is well thought out and offers a large pond, a cow pasture, an inviting stone fire pit, several gazebos, plenty of well placed Adirondack chairs, a pirate ship playground and machines with duck feed. The room was clean and decor, appropriate. We all found the beds warm and comfortable, which is always a huge plus. It is a great value for families and I can see why it is one of the top hotels in Lancaster County.

A few more on site perks at Fulton Steamboat include ragtime and jazz music gently filling the hallways. A very nice pool area that has both family hours and adult only hours. The top level offers suites decorated in period furniture but are still very affordable. There is a convenient room filled with helpful brochures of area history, maps and attractions. They also offer a lot of local discounts for being hotel guests including major theme parks. Not to mention they send you home with a nifty "I Slept On A Steamboat" postcard to commemorate your stay. Great for scrapbook geeks like myself.

The Fulton Steamboat is in a fairly busy area close to the shopping outlets and a number of chain restaurants. We got a late night snack at The Waffle House, which was a first for us. It is across the street from Lost Treasure Adventure Mini Golf. This was open until 11pm, so we enjoyed a night game on their cave course. Tough course and very cool layout. They also offer a pirate ship course and adventure maze.

The next day we explored the various ill named towns around Amish Country, each prettier than the next. I have been through here quickly a time or two in my life and always wished I had more time to spend. A lot is closed on Sunday's, but we really enjoyed what was open. We went to a few kitschy but fun trading posts and gift shops like Dutch Haven and Plain & Fancy. We would have stayed at the latter for a meal, but they had a 45min wait. We visited the Choo Choo Barn, as my father has always had a love for model trains. None of us could believe how much love and detail went into this monumental setup. Many of the figures around the scenes of the train tracks moved and were engaged in intricate scenes. We saw a circus, the Dutch Wonderland Amusement Park, dramatic fire rescues, a farmer being outsmarted by a ground hog, a parade, replica service stations and so much more.

We were very impressed with our stay at the Fulton Steamboat. It was affordable, convenient and charming and we will happily return in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank RobynPringTravel
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night because I was in town to see Noah at the Sight and Sound theater. From check in to check out this was a great experience. The receptionist and everyone else I encountered was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was lovely, spacious and very clean. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning to visit the Lancaster area. The hotel is centrally located near plenty of restaurants and right across the street from the shopping outlets. My family and I are planning another trip to the Sight and Sound theater early next year and we will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ladybearNewYork
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed at the Steamboat for 2 nights while visiting the Amish country. They did a very good job of giving you the illusion of staying about a steamboat. The decor has a nautical theme from the 1800's. Everything was clean and in good repair. It was a nice change of pace. We also enjoyed the bar and had a nice dinner in the restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Runtravelers
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I are currently at the Steamboat. Our stay was/is wonderful. We have stayed here before on the Sundeck and keep coming back. Although we really like the room I am confident the stains on the carpet are the exact stains that were there 3 years ago. We have the same room. The hotel is beautiful as are the grounds. The spa area is quite nice especially after 10 p.m. Except for the housekeeping everyone was quite pleasant and helpful. The housekeeping staff would not leave us a 2nd glass because we were using one of the glasses to hold our toothbrushes. They only give 2 glasses per room. Also, apparently they only wash out the glasses (?) in the bathroom sink. You do not get fresh glasses every day. In addition she would never (it's been 5 days) leave the little sugar/napkin/stirrer packets. Considering the rates for the room that is the least you should get. After all this we do rate the hotel with 4 stars.

Room Tip: Sundeck rooms are quitter on the farm side.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mariana f
Reviewed 25 October 2013

If you want a nice diversion from the standard hotel, this is the place. Not only is the exterior an interesting steamship, all of the interiors (including the bedroom) were superbly decorated. We stayed 1 night on the third floor King Sun-deck. LARGE open area and bathroom; could accommodate a wheel-chair, even though that was not our need. Dining was also excellent; we ate at the bar and the restaurant. The staff was friendly and ready to please.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jeannemoss
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and 3 nights. This is an awesome place to stay. The hotel staff was very accommodating and friendly. We enjoyed the hot tub and the pool after a long day of sightseeing. They have an adult swim from 10 to midnight which was for 16 and older which my hubby and I enjoyed. The room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. I will definitely be coming back again in the spring. We also took a walk around the duck pond which was very nice. The staff was very professional. Made you feel welcome. Thanks again Fulton steamboat inn for a fantastic vacation.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family