“Very good choice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Very good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here during the ice storm. We were out of power and looking for a nice place to stay. The Marriott chains in town were $150/night but this place was $80/ night and having stayed here before, we decided to try it. Great choice. I would not say that this is a luxury hotel, but it is so great for a family. The rooms were very clean and had nice toiletries. Towels were fluffy and beds clean and comfortable. Again, not luxury but very nice.
The pool area is well decorated and it is a kidney shaped pool and my son loved it. Also, very big hot tub in an ice storm was great.
The restaurant was probably my favorite. Excellent home made food, with superb service.
There were a few issues, such as some issues with check in. Not sure what the problem was, but there was some tension with the manager and the front desk. We waited a while, but they apologized and the rest of the trip was fine.
I would also prefer duvet covers over the bedspreads, although they were extremely clean, I just prefer that in a hotel bed.
I also noted that the gift shop sold bottled water for 25 cents, which was really appreciated. It is nice not to be overcharged by a hotel.
Highly recommend, especially in the summer combined with a trip to Dutch wonderland. The hotel has a nice lake and play set that we could not use this time.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank angelambudd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Fulton Steamboat for 3 days and 2 nights for a Christian Marriage Retreat along with 6 other couples on February 6, 2014 - February 8, 2014 and we had a very relaxing stay while there. The staff were friendly, attentive and helpful to us as a couple and as a group. My husband loved that he was able to get a cup of coffee in the lobby while I checked us in. The room was nice with plenty of room to spread out and there was also a microwave oven, refrigerator, coffee maker and blue ray DVD player in the room. Part of our package was 2 breakfasts and a dinner that was served family style and the food was good, plentiful and filling. My husband and I ate appetizers for lunch one day and what we ordered was very tasty and big enough for us to share. I also ordered a Strawberry Daiquiri and the server refilled my glass with the daiquiri that was left over. We definitely are lookinf forward to returning.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor right in front of the elevator and around the corner from the ice make...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CMJalmost40
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Feb. 11, 2014 My husband and I stayed at the Steamboat and had a wonderful time! from the moment we walked in the door to the time we left. We ate at their restaurant food and all of the staff where happy, helpful and professional. Room was done in Old Time Victorian theme, bed was comfy warm and with the fireplace going made the room very cozy. We will defiantly go back again to stay.

1 Thank Carolyn C
Bordentown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Was told by a friend this was a nice place for lunch. So we gave it a try. We did give it a try. The only thing there was a few things not available on the mean.But with that said. We did have a nice lunch. The soup was really good. We were there F eb.2014.

Hammonton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Along with five of my closest friends, I went to this hotel for a winter break on February 7, 2014. From start to finish, we enjoyed the visit. In addition to the amenities (cookies, coffee and inviting lobby), the comfortable big bed and the cozy fireplace, we enjoyed the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. From the front desk to the tavern and restaurant, everyone provides service with a smile. The convenience of being close to all the attractions that we were seeking didn't hurt either. My friends are planning to make this our destination for next year's winter getaway. A winner!!

Room Tip: The Sun King Suites are roomy and comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank David P
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I took my mom on a weekend 'girls getaway' and ran across this hotel during a Trip Advisor search. We both loved our room and were very impressed in the period décor of the entire inn. The inn sits towards the end of hotel row on Route 30-yet still close enough to the outlets and activities-and as soon as you pull in the parking lot you know this is different from the rest. There was fresh coffee and chocolate cookies by the check in area, a welcome and homey touch. Everyone, and I want to stress-EVERYONE was polite and if the smiles were not genuine, they deserve Oscars. Visit the gift shop, try the breakfast at Huckleberry's and if you go in warm weather, take in the serene outdoor settings. We will be back and I hope very soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back if you'd like a view of fields instead of Route 30.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JCAM2012
Unadilla, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I took advantage of a winter special the Steamboat was running for a time when we were going to be in Pa. We were given a king bed room but I didn't expect a four poster bed and having a fireplace in the room. I heard they were renovating rooms and we had stayed here before but the rooms weren't this nice and impressive. I paid to have breakfast included and it was worth it. All you could eat, but not a buffet, you were served at the table. Scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon and muffins. They were extremely busy, people were staying there that had lost electricity due to the previous ice storm in the area, but we were finally seated and enjoyed a hot filling breakfast. Thanks for the surprise room and satisfying breakfast.

Room Tip: 3rd floor has the best rooms
1 Thank Deborah K