“Great hotel”

Fulton Steamboat Inn
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 23 June 2009

The SteamBoat is a great place to stay. It has all the conveniences you need especially for kids!!! Our children loved the restuarant, pool, gameroom, giftshop, and playground!!! It's clean and the staff is very helpful. I highly recommend staying at this place.

1  Thank neen972
Write a ReviewReviews (1,967)

Reviewed 22 June 2009

As soon as you walk in the front door you are greeted and they are so friendly. They spoke to the children and gave them coloring cooks. The rooms were so nice, the pool was great, the kids loved the playground, There is not one bad thing that I can say.

2  Thank linbry2
Reviewed 17 June 2009

Loved the Fulton Steamboat Inn in Lancaster, PA. Spent 4 nights there and had a great time relaxing, shopping, sight seeing and enjoying ourselves. The Fulton is great, it looks like a steamboat outside and when you go in you think you are boarding a river boat in the 1800's. Everyone is great and they treat you like a first class passenger. Eating at Huckelberry's, the on board restaurant, or enjoying the pool and hot tub, and even feeding the ducks around the boat was great. My wife even got a duckling to eat out of her hand. We had such a good time we decided to return in December to see the dinner shows and how they decorate for Christmas. We booked our room as soon as we got back home.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank crazy burgers
Reviewed 17 June 2009

My grandson and I stayed there on our trip east from Ohio. We got there earlier than expected and they had our room ready!!!! That was really a plus. The Inn is quite a fun sight when first viewed and whenever we ask for directions, everyone knew exactly where we were staying. The staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and it was very quiet. We did not even hear the the early morning traffic. My grandson enjoyed the pool. My sister and I had a drink in the bar with a bartender who was very nice. The inn appears to be very family friendly. I would go back again. It is close to all the attractions in the area and not just the outlet malls. The Amish were planting tobaccco in the field next to us.

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank ocean440
Reviewed 15 June 2009

I've been comming to this hotel for the last 4 years and have never had a problem. Out of all the hotels in Lancaster this is the best one for the price. The Sun Deck rooms are spacious with a nice balcony. As for ammenities this place has them all. On site gift/convenience shop, restaurant, cocktail lounge, pool, hot tub, game room, weight room, playground, duck and koi pond, high spped internet,.a public computer for anyone to use, and several sitting areas with comfortable chairs and beautiful views. The staff at the hotel are amazing and always stop and say hello with a smile. It's location is ideal, The outlet stores are within walking distance. Also since the hotel is on the corner, you have a traffic light so making left hand turns on to rt. 30 are safer and easier.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank sixflags2001
Reviewed 15 June 2009

I read the reviews of the Fulton on Trip Advisor and decided to take a chance. When I saw the hotel from the outside, I was skeptical, but what a surprise it turned out to be. The hotel is themed nicely and well kept. The room had two queen size beds and was a good size. There was a sink outside the bathroom which helps speed things along when getting ready. The room also had an iron and a hairdryer. The TV was an LG flatscreen and there were a lot of channels. The hotel has a heated indoor pool, a koi pond, and a playground for children. There was always something to do for my two year old. My recommendation is that you ask for a room in the rear of the hotel as it is on a major road and you can hear the trucks drive by. Otherwise, the hotel was well priced, close to attractions and restaurants, clean and comfortable.

2  Thank njrangerfan
Reviewed 10 June 2009

I was very pleased. I stayed two days for some quiet time away from work to visit the train museum. My room was quite good (and quiet) and the bed was very comfortable. I think the hotel has recently finished a remodel because my room was freshly furnished with new furniture and a wide-screen tv. The location is very convenient to the local railroad museums and outlet malls. Also, the desk staff were pleasant. I really can't think of anything that was a disappointment. I'm definitely planning a return visit this summer.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo