“HONESTY!”

Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Saint Clair, Pennsylvania
“HONESTY!”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

The Knights Inn,Lancaster,PA is a place I have CHOSEN time and time again to stay when in the area!I am a Priest,and have traveled a bit....the quality of the stay,with the reasonable price can only be out done by the great customer service.EVERYONE is so very friendly and helpful,its hard to imagine a better place!I would be sad to have to stay elsewhere!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Meghan P, Manager at Knights Inn Lancaster PA, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Dear Father John,

Thank you for sharing review with tripadvisor community.

We are glad that your stay was wonderful. We are committed to give you a better service. We hope to see you back Father John.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Le Roy, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I spent 2 nights at your hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The room was very clean and supplied. I would recommend this hotel to any wishing to stay in Lancaster. Thank you,
Renae

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Renae A
Meghan P, Manager at Knights Inn Lancaster PA, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your views about your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

All of us are delighted to know that you have had an enjoyable and a comfortable stay with us. Your mention of our service makes us feel proud, which will encourage us further to achieve greater heights.

We eagerly await for your return and hope to be your preferred destination in Lancaster.

York, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Room 219 - everything was fine, it was a nice room, seemingly clean for the price, GREAT LOCATION... In the morning after I woke up and was returning to the bed from using the bathroom I looked down at the white sheet only to see a little bug running across it. I immediately yelled, there is a bug in the bed! My friend jumped up, and we immediately identified it as a bed bug, caught it in a cup and took it to the front desk. Mike Patel, the hotel manager, acted so surprised, he came back to the room and looked around, asked me what I wanted him to do to fix it. I told him I didn't know that I was still processing everything but that I was in no way happy. I usually run all of my hotels through the bed bug registry and I regretted not doing it this time, but I book through priceline.com and typically have no problems with hotels I find on there regardless of price. Mike Patel told me that I should let him know what he can do once I figured everything out and left the room. We proceeded to gather all of our items, and put them into bags to take to the laundry mat because we knew we couldn't risk taking the bed bugs home. About 40 minutes after he left we were showering to try to feel clean, and have a knock at the door. I put on some clothes really fast, my friend through a towel around himself and in comes Mike Patel with a RAUNCHY look american indian ethnic man who looked like he just woke up, telling us that he was the exterminator and he wanted to check the room. Well they came in, looked at the bed for about 3 minutes, and again left apologizing for coming in unexpectedly while we were dressing.
We weren't bothered again until we were ready to leave. We loaded all of our belongings into garbage bags and into the car, then went down to the lobby to discuss what was going to be done to fix it. Mike Patel had no motivation to help us out what-so-ever. I explained to him that we now had to spend the rest of our day ridding ourselves of potential beg bugs in our clothing, we had wool coats which would need dry cleaned, and this was not how we intended on spending our day!! I did not go to their hotel asking for bed bugs, I went to their hotel for a nice place to sleep for the night, I could have slept in my car for the night with less strife!!! He didn't care. He stared past me, at the wall, as if he was waiting me out. I told him, that because of his hotel my day was ruined, and I had nothing better to do, I would not be leaving the property until something was figured out. He claimed he needed to call his "boss" and talk to him about it, I told him to do it, I'd wait. Then they offered to do my laundry for me, HELLO WHY AM I GOING TO HAVE YOU DO MY LAUNDRY WHEN YOU HAVE BED BUGS IN YOUR HOTEL, no, no way that was a logical solution to this. I wanted compensation for the dry cleaning, laundry mat, the ruining of my weekend get-a-way, and my refund doubled. That's not asking too much, honestly, I could have asked for reimbursement of my entire trip, including gas, the car rental, my reservations, all went to waste because of this hotel and their bed bug problem. Eventually Mike Patel reached into his pocket and handed me the cash reimbursement that I asked for, AND told me I would have my room refunded through priceline.com as well with no problem. The only good thing I can say, I was expecting a fight through priceline.com but Mr. Patel authorized it and I had no issue getting my refund.
NOW-- 9 days later, bed bug bites are showing up on my arms, hands, and neck. It takes up to 10 days for the bites to appear, and low and behold, I have bites. But not after first being scared out of my whits that the bed bugs had came into my home. I had to research it and then found out that they sometimes appear many days after it took place, which is what makes invasions hard to catch, by the time the bites show up they've already manifested in your mattress!!!!
Do yourself a favor, do not stay here. It is not worth the trouble, or being treated like you are an imbecile by the hotel staff. They lied, they were intrusive, and they had no real motivation to help us because of their problems.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Knight's Inn in Lancaster, PA near Dutch Wonderland. Awful hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank kelizabetha
Meghan P, Manager at Knights Inn Lancaster PA, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
We apologize for the inconvenience. We routinely have an exterminator treat the building. After your departure the room was thoroughly cleaned and treated by removing all items in the room and then having it sprayed. Bed bugs are no longer an issue in that room or at the hotel. Once again we admit our mistake and apologize for all of the trouble you had wtih us. We hope to see you in the future.
Deep River, Connecticut
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We stayed at the Knights Inn in Lancaster,Pa. for 5 nights in February. For the price, we found this to .be the best value in the PA Dutch area. Apparantely, the friendly, new staff has made. a lot of improvements.The breakfast, included in the room price, was very good. Their was a nice selection of fresh fruit, muffins, juices, and of course coffee. We are planning on returning in a few weeks and hope we get the same lovely view of the soft rolling hills ......it was pleasant to wake up to! Robert and Diane

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Meghan P, Manager at Knights Inn Lancaster PA, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Just what you need for a quick getaway - comfortable bed, refrigerator, free internet, easy access to microwave, great coffee in the morning - in the most convenient location on Route 30 by a traffic light so you can go east or west. Please note we hadn't read previous reviews - however, new management just took over in mid January. In fact, the manager personally approached us to get our feedback. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Antrekk
Meghan P, Manager at Knights Inn Lancaster PA, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
I'm glad to hear you had a pleasant stay. Thanks for your appreciation. We will look forward to see you again in future.
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Stay over the weekend on January 7th 2012. Had to go to target to get pillows and pillow cases. And stuff to clean the bathroom. Towels and sheets looked dirty and old, burn marks in sheets and blankets. Got towels when at target to. Would be a nice place to stay if they would clean better!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank leah c
GMKnightsInnLanco, Manager at Knights Inn Lancaster PA, responded to this review, 28 January 2012
Thank you for your insightful review on our hotel. First and foremost, I would like to apologize for your stay. The management is changed now and we are trying to make the property neat and clean. You are most welcome to stay with us and feel the change. Once again I apologize personally for your inconvenience.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 2 December 2011

They pawned off a room to us where someone in front of us had turned down the bedspread on the bed to find mice turds all over the bed. Repulsively filthy place had not been cleaned ANYWHERE in the hotel for years! It stunk and had at least 2 inches of dust and dirt everywhere.

Room Tip: Do not even stay there!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Mike Y
Meghan P, Manager at Knights Inn Lancaster PA, responded to this review, 28 January 2012
We really appreciate your review, and also thank you for staying with us. I apologize for all inconvenience you have to suffer during your stay. We have keep your feedback in our mind very seriously. We are trying hard to improve customer satisfaction under new management. It will be a great honor for us if you come back again and feel the change.