“Nice manager, good service and refund”

Knights Inn Lancaster PA
Ranked #27 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 27 August 2013

A week ago we traveled to the hotel ,We have been travel form Asia, We book 2 nights but we have to cancel once we arrive due to unusual circumstances, the manager help us very well he was nice, he took us to see the room we've booked. It was acceptable room. but the room was a bit old but overall good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Peerat c

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I am currently in my room at this hotel for my 6 night stay. 6 NIGHTS!!! I decided to write this review now so that the horrific state of the room is still fresh in my mind.
I arrived around 5 tonight to a friendly staff at the front desk and a fairly clean lobby. And there is free wifi and cable. This, in my opinion, earned them one star.
I have one small dog and was told I had to have one of two pet rooms in the hotel and that they were charging me an $10 extra per night. Fine, whatever.
The man at the desk was very polite and helpful, although on his way to showing me the room he stopped to look at a car pulled over to the side of road. He noticed that whoever was in the car was taking a picture of a VERY full to overflowing dumpster at the edge of the parking lot. He immediately got on the phone and called someone who was later seen presumably redistributing the trash to other locations so that guests were not greeted with a 7 foot high pile of garbage upon entering the parking lot. Probably a wise decision.
The hotel room I was directed to was basic but appeared as.... Not the worst place I've ever stayed in. At first. After we were left in the room we started to notice that there was a curious smell on one side of the room. 3 hours later we still haven't figured out what the smell is, but we've decided that it's probably some extremely rancid smell covered by some lemon cleaner and the 3 plug in air fresheners in our room.
Which brings me to the plugs. There are 4 electrical outlets for use in the room and only 2 of them work. And one of the outlets are occupied with lamps and the A.C. unit.
I realize that this is getting to be a long post so I'll summarize the rest in a concise and functional bulleted list:
PROS:
● Nice staff and free wifi
INSIDE CONS:
● Rancid smelling room
● Peeling wallpaper
● Chipped countertops on the sink
● HAIR in the shower and MORE HAIR under the sheets!
● Frayed and ripped carpet in the doorway
● Shrill squeaky (Yes squeaky) noise the showerhead makes when turned on.
● A two by four to keep the window closed instead of window locks
● Broken Mirror
● Exposed wires
● Lose toilet seat and poor water pressure in toilet (needed to flush several times)
OUTSIDE CONS:
●Fencing around the pool is falling down
● Trench dug across the grass right where people have to walk to get to the pool.
● The stairways sport old broken tvs, door with peeling paint, and none-NONE of the doorsto outside even had a latch much less a lock. The back door on the lower floor can not even be closed. It is always ajar and cannot even be closed with force.
In summary:
I think my boyfriend said it best... "If this place was not old, outdated, and didn't smell like an armpit, this would be a GREAT hotel!"
Do not be deceived by the good reviews. This place is gross. Seriously. I will be uploaded plenty of pictures as proof.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank AmyMarieSLP
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Room was damp with visible black mold on wall closest to bed and shower curtain. Hair on sink. Towels and washcloths were dirty. Sheets didn't fit bed and pulled off mattress, while top sheet and blanket weren't large enough to cover your body once you were in bed. Spiders on webs in door corners (hadn't been cleaned in...how long?). Toilet kept flushing by itself every 30 min. or so. Offered NO COMPENSATION despite having suffered through one night of this. Free breakfast? We passed on that!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 2cruiseORnot2cruise
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Once again I had the real pleasure of staying at my most favorite place-the Knights Inn,Lancaster,PA.I was greeted by Mike and the entire "family"of staff in the usual very hospipitial way!
It was great to see the may changes that made the stay for all even better....there were new linens,new flat screen TV's,a lobby with more tables and chairs,24/7 beverages,a very beautiful paint job,and landscape job,and more!While all of the above is truly great,the CONSTANT TRULY GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE that was as ALWAYS made me feel at home!A heartfelt THANK YOU to MIKE and all at the Knights!Being a priest I have come to really value the kind of refreshing experience I had.I plan to return in several weeks.EVERYONE!!!!!-GIVE YOURSELF THE BEST!Go to KNIGHTS INN!
Fr.John Tokarick

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JohnTokarick
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I reviewed this hotel shortly after new management took over a year and a half ago, and after a few more stays, I felt it was time for a fresh review. There has been much progress in that time - new landscaping; lots of painting, papering and carpeting; free coffee and juice all of the time; free use of computer in the lobby - I could go on. Freshest smelling room of any hotel I've been to. I spoke with the manager, and he indicated room upgrades will be happening soon (new TVs and furniture). Great free internet that doesn't require logging in each time you use it. Nice free breakfast too - and at the most convenient location in Lancaster. Service is unparalleled - when the manager saw my wife's back brace, he immediately told us to go to our room while he grabbed our luggage and even parked our car! Did I say great rates and a beautiful pool?

Room Tip: We have stayed here and never had a room we didn't like. Noise has never been a problem.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed here and the stay was outstanding. The housecleaners did a outstanding job keeping the rooms clean and the Inn itself. If you needed anything it was done right a way. The rooms are very clean. The pool is clean. The lobby is great as they have a computer for use. They have Coffee,orange juice and apple juice 24/7. The price of rooms is very good. The entire staff is friendly and helpful all the time. The Inn is near Restaurants and outlets. The outside was great too. I would recomend this Inn to my friends and anyone else.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Herbert M
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The entire team is non-stop in keeping everything just right. It is teamwork as it's best. The pool was clean. My room was much better than expected, esp for the price. Even had a computer in the lobby to use when I forgot the power supply to my laptop. The place was free of that musty early in season smell that one frequently finds. A bonus is a direct view of Amish farmers at work right out of the window in the lobby. Will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank N2OPS
Meghan P, Manager at Knights Inn Lancaster PA, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Dear customer, thank you for sharing your review with us. We are glad that you liked our team work and rooms. You are most welcome anytime and will be happy to assist you.