“Awesome Mushroom Ravioli”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Went to Huckleberry's Restaurant in the Fulton Steamboat Inn. The hostess recommended the mushroom ravioli and the pot roast - mainly based on feedback that she had gotten from patrons. I have to tell ya.... if you like mushrooms, the mushroom ravioli is awesome. I was served several good size raviolis, stuffed with different mushrooms in a light brownish cream sauce that had a sweet taste to it. I've never tasted anything like it. The rest of our table ordered the pot roast and they raved about how tender it was. The portions are plenteous, so we all took home "doggie bags"...but then we also wanted to save room for dessert...which was also scrumptious. I had the apple crisp. My cousin from NYC ordered the cannolis... and she said they were terrific, which is saying something. The service was wonderful. I'd go back there again.

1  Thank Cindy E

Reviewed 1 June 2014

It was nice how they served our food country/family style!!!!! They put all of our food on one HUGE skillet/tray pancakes, eggs , sausage and bacon and sat it down for my family and I to serve ourselves. When the skillet was empty they refilled it!! Very nice

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Loved it!! Breakfast is awesome. Service was great. Such pleasant people that work there. Will go back again.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We made a reservation and where taken on time food was good.Even though we had a passport deal in which gratuities where included, we were not treated differently .

2  Thank arill1
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Living in Lancaster, PA my whole life I've driven past the Steamboat Inn but have never stayed or ate there; so for Mother's Day my mom and my brother and sister in law's mother decided that we would try out Huckleberry's Restaurant inside the Steamboat Inn. Worst decision ever!
4pm on Sunday May 11th 2014 we were seated at a table for 10 of us. 7 adults, 3 children.
There were only 3 or 4 other tables already seated when we arrived for our reservation; so the place was not busy at all!
Our waitress promptly addressed our presence and took drink orders within 5 minutes. Another 10 before we received them. We took awhile to order because they had a "separate" Mother's Day menu which I didn't know they were gonna have. I thought I could have ordered the Chicken Pot Pie or something else off their normal menu that I viewed before we decided to eat there...
The menu was pricey. Cheapest meal was a Chicken and Ham entree for 19.95.
After we ordered, we received our bread, soup and salads about 15 minutes later. Like I said, it was not busy in there. Another table arrived then with 3 adults and 3 kids.
Our meals came an hour into our service...kids food was first. Everyone drank all their drinks by this time and we had to ask for refills. The food was horrible! I had shrimp scampi that had 4 shrimp that were rubbery and cold. The pasta and sauce was okay. My husband had a Delmonico steak that was very, very fatty...more than normal. The kids complained about their grilled cheese tasting funny.
Another table arrives. 2 servers, 8 tables. Still not busy.
Our waitress never asked if everything was okay. Never asked for refills. Never checked on us. No one at the table finished their meal. Everyone had a complaint about one thing or another.
At 6pm we finally received our bills. 5 tabs on one bill, 5 on the other. We paid with cash, and my brother paid with a visa. At 6:15 the other server took our checks to process. Our waitress returned for my brother to sign his receipt and told my husband the system was down and she would be right back with our change. She came back and asked if we wanted to change. We said yes since gratuity was already added. She gave us our change and we left.
2 hours and $265 later, me and my family will never go there again! My sister in law contacted the GM for a full refund.

3  Thank Christina B