“Baseball experience”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Baseball experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

While we feel the ball park is very nice, and we enjoyed the game (even though the home team lost). My only complaint was the price of the food and drinks. They seemed high to me, I realize that this is very common in this type of venue. All in all we had a good time and the folks who work there could not have been nicer. I guess in general we had a good time, and I would go back.

Visited August 2014

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Take me out to the ball game!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Had a nice time with my grandson. We went to see the game and stayed for the candy drop. They also had fire works. Helicopter came in and dropped candy for the kids to pick up on the field. They were well organized.
The place was packed.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awesome Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We went to Clippers Stadium on 8/3. We enjoyed the game. Love the family atmosphere. We can't wait until we are able to return.

Visited August 2014
Pennsylvania
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 154 helpful votes
“Superb Ball Park Experience - Food Not So”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

As a resident of Lancaster County, I've been to Clipper Stadium numerous times the most recent to bring my grandson to a Sunday afternoon game. Despite being in downtown Lancaster, It's usually easy to find free parking on one of the neighboring streets. The stadium itself is superbly designed with great views of the field no matter where you are. There is inexpensive grass seating in the outfield, a nice concourse that enables you to walk around the entire circumference of the stadium and even a play area for the kids. In between innings IM Fun provides 'entertainment' even though at times I wish he'd occasionally take a break and give us an inning 'off' (tip: get IM a new mic - he's very difficult to understand as he shouts out what he's doing each inning). The entire stadium is kept very clean by the attentive and friendly staff. Typically you can show up on game day and get a ticket for a very good seat. Overall, an all around great operated/managed stadium.

The exception here is glaringly the food. When Clipper Stadium first opened, they insourced the food service ops but in subsequent years it has been outsourced much to the chagrin of this ticket holder. The former pleasant, smiling, attentive older employees who manned the food stands have been replaced with 18 year olds often lacking in fundamental customer service or personal skill sets. The food has deteriorated, WAY overpriced and such to the point that we now go for the game only and skip the food.

Nevertheless, the baseball/stadium experience at Clipper Stadium is second to none - you must check it out.

Visited July 2014
Brooklawn, NJ
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Nice Evening at the Park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We've discussed going to a ballgame in Lancaster for several years, and the Fourth of July Weekend was a perfect opportunity.

The ballpark is an attractive place to see a ballgame. There is always something going on between innings, including races, contests, and a little of everything. There are bumper boats and amusements for the kids, and a simple ballgame for the adults, all followed by a nice fireworks show afterwards. The ballgame itself didn't feature much offense, and came in at just over 2 hours.

You won't see a major league game - it's an Independent League level, roughly equal to mid-minor leagues. There were several former major leaguers, and a few never-will-bes. It's more baseball for the love of the game.

The biggest drawback was parking. It's free, which is great. The downside was the serious hike to the park from the back lot. For a healthy adult, it's not bad. For my 70-year-old father, it was a major and inconvenient haul, just too much of a walk. If you are in that condition, I'd guess a dropoff is really in order.

Visited July 2014