“Excellent food and vibe - Get the pickle fries”
Review of Fenz Restaurant

Fenz Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 579 Restaurants in Lancaster
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The restaurant features a contemporary bistro-style menu, formed from the idea that casual dining can be stylish, and that some of our favorite comfort foods can benefit with the remix of contemporary flair. In addition to revised classics, the menu includes small plate "tastes" to share or enjoy with a cocktail. Daily specials from Chef Daniella Ward complete the culinary scenario by offering inspirations of the moment, influenced by the season.
Maryland
“Excellent food and vibe - Get the pickle fries”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We got a last minute Sat night reservation upstairs in the bar at a hightop. The ambiance and energy were great, and I don't mean in a noisy way. Our server was top notch, the appropriate mix of giving us time to review the menu, along with his knowledge and guidance. When the Argentinian chard I selected was not to my liking, he comped it (despite my protestations I'd pay for it), and brought me a wonderful cab sav instead. We started with pickle fries. Served with a chipotle dipping sauce, scrumptiously fantastic, and I don't even like pickles. We split the beet carpaccio salad, with goat cheese, fantastic!! My wife had the scallop app for her meal, very good. I had the meatloaf, served with mac & cheese. Off the charts comfort food! The meatloaf was tender, juicy, and full of flavor. The mac & cheese was made with white cheddar, topped with browned bread crumbs, best I've ever had. We finished up with a local peach pie and decaf. I'm not a big pie fan, but it was good, especially with the vanilla ice cream on the side. We'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank CulinarySnob

Lancaster PA
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My friends from North Dakota were visiting Lancaster and invited me to join them for dinner at the FENZ, a Lancaster restaurant I had never visited but heard alot about. Excellent food and a great, friendly and somewhat comedic server named Skip!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Vic P
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
“Good stuff”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We have eaten at FENZ twice and we will go back again! Very good food and we have had excellent service both times.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Nash S
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always satisfied”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We like eating at the bar upstairs. Service is always great. Food is reliable. A nice place with a professional business crowd but still maintains a casual feel at the bar

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Misjudge47
Virginia
“"You may want to put a muzzle on some of your guests"”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We reserved and were seated at a nice table for two. Another table near us had four guests. Then, 3 couples entered and were seated at a large round table between us. Recent escapees from the trailer park, they were loud and louder. Not until we finished our entrees and asked for our check did the waitress offer to seat us at another table for dessert; and admitted that the other table of guests had complained, too.

So whose job is to say something to loud and ill-mannered guests? The manager! Even at the risk of offending them.

By the way, I ordered veal that was so dry it had the texture of my mother's pot roast that I referred to as a child as "stringy meat." Couldn't eat it--didn't care! Just wanted to find the exit sign.

Oh, the title...parting words to the manager as we blew through the door.

Visited July 2013