“Big rooms and clean”

Comfort Suites Amish Country
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
“Big rooms and clean”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Great place, fair price, close to everything if you want to do Amish stuff. Yes, pillows are small and real soft. Staff is friendly. Beds are comfortable. Breakfast is fine, eggs dont look great but they have a good selection of carbs. But your minutes to every conceivable restaurant if you want to eat elsewhere. If you can get a room here do it, you won't be sorry.

2 Thank Chewable

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Massapequa Park, NY
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I took a group of 16 seniors to Lancaster and we stayed at the Comfort Suites. We couldn't have done any better. The rooms, or should I say suites, were immaculate, comfortable, and had great views. The staff couldn't have been nicer. They answered all of my questions, knew the best ways to get to where we were going, and always had smiles on their faces. The complementary breakfast was great too. You name it, they had it. I HIGHLY recommend this establishment if you are going to the Amish country. They help make our vacation something to remember.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank cburdman
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 September 2013

After making reservations at 3 other places, I received an email offer for a discounted fall rate at Comfort Suites Amish Country. The fact that they were a little more reasonable than the other hotels I reserved, and that they had a free breakfast, I cancelled the other reservations and we stayed here. Am I happy I did that! The staff was exceptional - very friendly and inviting (I called the hotel to get the special rate and the phone rep was more than helpful - when I asked about check in times, she stated it was 4PM - I said we might be coming in a little earlier and asked if that would be a problem - she said 'no, as long as there is a room ready') - we got there about 1PM and housekeeping was just finished up a queen suite and it would be about another 5 minutes (which it was) - and we were able to check in a little earlier - which was nice since we had been on the road for about 3.5 hours. We freshened up and drove over to Kitchen Kettle Village/Amish Country - which was an easy drive about 15 minutes away. Later that night, we drove over to downtown Lancaster, which was about 15 minutes the other direction. So, we realized that the hotel was centrally located from the best of both worlds of Lancaster, PA. Along the way, we passed the other 3 hotels that I had previously made reservations, and we noticed that they were somewhat off the beaten path (and one looked more like a college building then a hotel) Our queen suite was very comfy, although there was no happy medium with the AC - if we turned it to 73*, it got too stuff, but if we turned it to 74* or 75*, it cooled the room off quite a bit, and quickly - so we just left it a little cooler and snuggled up in the comfy beds. One word of advise though - bring your own pillows. Theirs are very small and squishy (although, when we arrived Friday afternoon, there was a delivery of a couple dozen boxes of new pillows - so maybe that will change). Other than that, the bathroom was a nice size, the shower water pressure was awesome, there was a blow-dryer (which I always look for), a small fridge, microwave, coffee pot, and seating area. We were on the 1st floor which was nice for those of us who realize there is 15 minutes left for breakfast (we woke up late on Saturday, about 9AM and breakfast finishes at 9:30 - so we changed and ran down the hall... Breakfast on Saturday was scrambled eggs, sausages, French toast/bagels which you could toast yourself, a dual-waffle iron, cereals, whole fruit, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, and that was about it. Pretty decent breakfast fixins. coffee and juice also available. Sunday, the same thing, except the sausages were made into gravy to be served over fresh biscuits (yum!). Check-in and -out were quick and easy - and there were always cookies on the counter for your taking (along with coffee in the lobby area)... Overall, we were extremely happy with our choice to stay here and we would definitely stay there again...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NJscubaDiva
Hedgesville, West Virginia
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We come to Lancaster every fall. We usually stay at Willow Valley, but this was a last minute trip and they were booked. Pleasantly surprised by Comfort Suites. We had a handicapped accessible room, which was very large and had plenty of space.
Indoor pool was small, but empty at 8:30pm on Saturday night, which was nice. Pool has a handicapped lift chair and closes at 9:30.
Breakfast was good. 2 waffle irons with choice of regular or blueberry batter. Eggs and sausage links (no bacon, but sausage was good). Selection of bagels, pastries and cereal. Fresh oranges, bananas, and apples. Yogurt, hardboiled eggs as well as juice, coffee, & tea. The fabric on the chairs in the breakfast area was stained badly. It was fairly busy on a Sunday morning but we had a clean table and staff kept everything stocked nicely.
Beds were comfortable. Pillows were super soft, so if you like a firm pillow, bring your own. Everything seemed to be clean. Nice hot water pressure. Grout in bathroom floor could use a good bleach and scrub-it was discolored in the high traffic areas. My only complaint is that there are sheer curtains that will open and close, but the darker curtains do not move. The sunlight was quite bright for the late afternoon napper in our family.
Off Rt. 30 with some highway noise, but not too bad. Very close to Dutch Wonderland and chain restaurants (Cracker Barrel, Red Robin, lots of others). Short drive to other area attractions. If you have children, be sure to visit Cherry Crest Farms!
Missed the country setting and great indoor pools of Willow Valley, but pricewise for one or two nights, Comfort Suites was great. And Willow Valley does not have a complimentary breakfast. Will return to Comfort Suites again.

1 Thank ketchupwiththefrys
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Excellent service from front desk as soon as arrived. Cookies were ready. Room was spacious and smelled very clean. Probably the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed at. Bed was comfy and hotel was quiet. Breakfast was pretty good. Scrambled eggs, biscuits with sausage gravy, toast, yogurt, juice, pastries, cereal, waffles, coffee and whole fresh fruit. Only thing they need is more toasters. The dining area was filled to capacity and there was only one toaster. Will definitely stay again.

2 Thank Hawkinsh
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 September 2013

It was our first time visiting Lancaster, PA. I went with my family for labor day weekend, I had a situation while booking my hotel stay online. I called the number provided and was given several numbers to call before speaking to the person that could actually help me resolve the issue. I was then transferred to the hotel directly and was instructed to speak to the manager John, he was very polite and helpful and even gave me a discount on the rate. When we got to the hotel the manager John was in the front desk he remembered he had spoken to me and was as polite in person. We were very impressed, the location is great and the hotel represents excellent...the room was super clean which is one of my biggest concerns about hotels...the bathroom was immaculate. The breakfast staff was great, but breakfast could be better. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again. Great weekend!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank MilkaJ
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This hotel was in a convenient location for Lancaster shopping and restaurants. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I really liked that the comforter was white so that you can really get a true sense of the cleanliness of the room. Our room had a sofa which was a nice option to sitting on the bed to watch tv at night. The rates were lower than many other hotel chains in the area. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple