“Not a bad inexpensive hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn & Suites Lancaster

Days Inn & Suites Lancaster
Ranked #33 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Not a bad inexpensive hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed at the Days Inn in Lancaster for well over a month as a traveling therapist. It is very pet friendly (2nd floor only though) and had a nice continental breakfast, friendly housekeeping staff and a reasonable rate. It is an older hotel so not as new and shiny as other more expensive choices. Nice location and convienient to shopping and downtown. Will stay there again and recommend to other travellers. If you want luxury and more amenities pay more and go to another hotel, otherwise a nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Heidi K
daysinnlancaster, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Lancaster, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to put in your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are continuing to make improvements to our facility in order to provide a better experience for all our guests. We hope that if you are ever in the area again, you will not hesitate to come stay with us in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Plymouth, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

I stayed on October 1st and 2nd.The room was just what i expected.It was clean not immaculate,but clean. We had no experience with bugs what so ever.I would stay again for the price it was suitable.Only paid like sixty some dollars a night. What do people expect for that price!!!!

Room Tip: Dont expect perfection it is a cheap room rate
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank susan m
Washington, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

Arrived to find that this hotel does not have jointing rooms for handicapped and and non-handicapped visitors. Traveling with our adult wheelchair bound daughter and paid for two rooms which I ended up sleeping with her. My husbands room was on the second floor and her room was on the ground floor. Her room smelled like cat urine and cigarette smoke even after being told we had smoke free rooms. The smoke smell made her breathing problems worse.

Room Tip: Daughters and my room was filthy dirty with blood stains on the pillow case! Husband's room had...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Dee R
daysinnlancaster, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Lancaster, responded to this review, 6 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property. We take these reviews very seriously and use them as a tool to try and improve our products and services to our guests. I would like to personally apologize to you for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. We try to keep all of our guest rooms up to strict codes of cleanliness. Any blemished or stained linens, or bath wears are to be disposed of immediately. Once again I thank you for your response and assure you that these items have been taken care of. If you do find yourself in the Lancaster area again, please contact me directly and I will make sure your next stay is up to the standards that we pride ourselves on at the Days Inn & Suites.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

STAY AWAY like others said dirty smelly NOT GOOD went there this weekend left as fast as i could .First rm 170 was filthy with stuff all over the door,dresser and ac unit,they gave ne room 180 just as bad.chair looked like it wasnt cleaned in a month ,left itching and scratching all over .stayed at the country inn on 30 for a few dollars more difference was like night and day

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank michael v
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of the issues you had during your stay. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you incurred during your stay. Management takes these complaints seriously and has investigated the problem and will continue to take steps to try and insure that our guests do not have these issues in the future. If you feel that there is anything that the hotel can do to try and make up for this, please feel free to contact us directly.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

Stay a way from this filthy hotel! We stayed in Room 106 and it was filthy, cramped, dark and depressing. It certainly did not look like the pictures Days Inn has posted on the internet. When I showered, I found wet towels hanging on the back of the door from the previous occupants. Gross! The bathroom was so small that anyone over 120 lbs. would not be able to use it. The refrigerator made so much noise we could not get to sleep. Never, Ever again. Would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy! Could not wait to get out of there!!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel!!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank meme482
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

Room 130 of Days Inn (Lancaster, PA) was really the most dreadful hotel experience ever! The carpet was very dirty, the toilet was shakey, the room smell musty, microwave and mini-fridge does not work, dust was absolutely everywhere, and the pillows and linen need to be cleaned or tossed altogether. The bath tub drainage was clogged. The bed spring hurt our backs, and squeaked all night. We woke up itchy from head to toe. In addition, the security is very poor. We were so scared of the whole set up we placed the chair behind the door (for we were certain the boogey man or worst was going to get us!!) . The gazebo in front of our room was rickety, and there was a dirty diaper and cigarette butts on the seating area. The laundry room was filthy. Forget about swimming in the pool. Gigantic and creepy storage container in the parking lot did not add to the view. We ended up leaving for a cleaner, slightly more expensive but, more comfortable accommodation. The whole complex is in disrepair, and I strongly suggest you leave this creepy motel. I did not think to take photos, but believe me this was a very disappointing experience. I will be contacting head office about this.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Natasha J
daysinnlancaster, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Lancaster, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Our records do not indicate any complaints for these issues from room #130. If any complaints or concerns are brought to our attention during your stay, we will do our very best to correct any issues. As for the condition of our pool, gazebo and our outdoor courtyard, all of the pictures of our property posted on this sight were taken within the last 12 months and represent an accurate appearance of our hotel. If you feel management can help you in any way, please contact us directly. Thank you.
Burnsville, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

We checked into our room and left within 15 minutes. The wallpaper was peeling away from the wall in a vertical line a couple feet long. There was an unpainted section under the sink counter where they had patched and not painted. The bedspreads had tears in them and were all pilly on the underside. I always pull the bedspreads back as soon as I get to a motel room, so that's how I saw them. The velour spreads under them had several cigarette burns in them.

I could not connect to the internet and when I called the office, I was told that I had to call tech support, that Days Inn was not responsible! So, I told her to cancel my room and left after I got a written cancellation so that I could make sure I didn't get charged.

I went to the Red Carpet Inn in Ronks and was very happy. Lower price and nicer room, without the extras. And, I had internet service!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family