“Great Experience”

Lancaster Family Resort
Ranked #37 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I brought my church group of over 40 people in February not even in the summer with all the activities and we had a great time. Accomdations were great and we had our own meeting room as well. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark T

Reviewed 7 February 2012

This hotel has overcharged us for two nights that we did not stay. To top it off it rained and the water POURED into my lap top bag so they offered to comp that night... My lap top has not worked right since... Guess what? They charged us anyway! I have called at least 50 times and everytime a different excuse... There is no manager here... The manager is out to lunch she will call when she gets back... The manager has been fired... there is a no manager... You have to talk to price line... The owners have taken over they will call you... the owners are on vacation... the manager is in India... the owners will be here on Monday... The manager is at our other location... The manager is on the other line... and each time they have said will call you back as soon as they get the message... ONLY ONE CALL BACK EARLY ON unfortunately they left a message and after I immediately returned their call I never heard from them again.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2011

This was the worst experience I have ever had. This hotel is a dump. My husband and I visited PA with friends. Upon stepping into our room you could smell the mold, there was a water damage dresser that was so bad the drawers would not close and the top bowed. the carpets are a mess and water damage on the ceiling. The electricity did not work in our friend’s room. I call the front desk and he said the rooms were in need of repair. (YOU THINK?) He offered other rooms on the forth floor. Upon opening the door to the next suggested rooms the AC was on and there was standing water in the bath tub. Our friend’s room was not made and it reeked of smoke. This place is a disgrace to the Ramada name. Get your act together Ramada.

Room Tip: Run away very fast. Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank David G
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We had an awful experience with the Lancaster Ramada. When we arrived there was a line out the door and we waited in line for hours to find out they had overbooked everyones room in front of us. We checked in and the entire lobby was under construction. The floor had dust all over it and was a mess. The one night it rained and the roof leaked into our room and onto our computer. We were supposed to stay 3 nights and decided to leave early. Twice we were told that we could check out and would not be responsible for the third night. We were also told we would be comped one night for rain damage only to find out they never comped us AND charged us for a three night stay for both our rooms. We have called numerous times and management has yet to resolve this for us. They tell us they will call us back after further research and never return the calls. We are beyond disgusted and frustrated and no matter how convenient the location would NEVER stay here again!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Christinafaun
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We picked this hotel mainly for location but the price was good also. We found out the only thing good about the hotel was the location. Rooms were dirty (we put the sheets on the floor so the kids would touch the carpet. Very outdated, and in need of many repairs. But the worst was when we received our credit card statement and were billed twice was a one day stay. $94 was a rip off the 1st time but to have to pay it twice, oh no. After a week and 1/2 of there investigation I just called the credit card company to cancel payment. Now maybe I will get a response. ** also I wouldn't be here writing the review Magnuson/ Ramada if you had taken a quiker look at my over billing, so learn a little customer service and maybe your rating will start to go back up!

Reviewed 3 September 2011

This was my first trip to lancaster pa and not being sure after reading so many reviews pick the budget host inn wrong move. when we arrived there where no guest at this hotel. We where told by a local not to stay there so myself, daughter, and 2 grandson went looking for a new hotel to stay at. We decided we would stay at a hotel that had alot of cars park outside how bad could it be. While looking we saw alot of cars park outside of the Ramanda (funny i was going to pick that hotel but didn't because of the reviews and that it was under construction) Funny how things work out i read the reviews on this hotel before i went and after i came back home. First let me say this someone said that Bibi was nasty, im surprise she was so nice to myself and family told us about where to go eat, shop and things to do while there. We saw our room before we check in. We where very worried about bedbugs and was assured there where none there. Even though the hotel is going thur a make-over I am so glad we decided to stay there. Our room was large, clean, plenty of towels, washclothes, we had a refrige, coffemaker, toiletree, icebucket, new papercups. Do to what we had and what we would have if the hotel was finished with the makeover we where just fine. I didn't go there to live in the hotel i was please that it was clean and bug free. The staff was very helpful and i have stayed in plenty of high price hotels so i do know the difference. The hotel had a indoor and outdoor pool, steamroom , meeting room where they serve breakfast. For breakfast they had plenty of cereal, oatmeal, muffins, bagles, danish, coffee, tea, milk, juices. and it was free. They also had a nice bar which serve food with plenty of wide screen tv to watch the game. Outside of the hotel they had plenty of places for u to sit and relax, even had a swing by the lake where u could see the ducks and fishes in the water. you could play shuffleboard and pool indoor if u like that. So all in all i read reviews all the time when i shop or travel and if with all they have now and with all the new stuff they will have by next summer i just hope they keep the price of the hotel low. Oh i forgot to mention they where working on the lobby while we where there its going to have a waterfall and they had almost finish the white marble floor before we left. I hope in some way my review will help someone who is undecided as to where to stay. I read the reviews on the holiday inn, marriott, wingate and the higher price hotels also and guess what someone had something bad to say about them as well as the lower price hotels too. I won't be unfair and rate the hotel because of the construction but i will gladly stay there again right now if i had the time off and the money to shop and eat again.

4  Thank candyg888
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We were at this hotel last weekend due to hurricane evacuation. Hotel was overwhelmed by the reservations they got, most were not in their system and those that were in the system were not always correct. We worked with what we were given but upon returning home we found we had been charged for our room twice as well as a night we were not there. I called and so far have not gotten anyone to even tell me they did in fact owe me a refund. Called the corporate number and had them open a case. In addition to the reservation and payment problems this hotel is remodeling their lobby and the rest of the hotel is in major need to updates/repairs. Several rooms flooded during the rain storm from faulty windows. The lighting was bad to non-existant. Holes, pealing paint/wallpaper, dust, door to balcony was nailed shut, and wifi couldn't be picked up on the fith floor but if you carried your computer down to the lobby it could. This hotel has a great location but needs a lot of money put into it.

2  Thank leeleetof