“We were happy”

Lancaster Family Resort
Ranked #37 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I was hesitant after reading some of the past reviews to book our reservation here, thankfully something told me everything would be okay. It was more than okay, ( Keep in mind the room prices) We were 6 women looking for 2 adjoining rooms for a mid week stay. Upon arrival we found we were on 2 very distant floors, the check in person(wish I could remember his name he was great) very happily and quickly changed that. We also arrived 4 hours early, not a problem rooms were ready and we were able to get right in. That evening we realized we had no fridge in either room, again no problem, went to the desk and asked, left for the day and presto there they were when we returned. For the most part we were looking for a safe comfortable place to lay our heads after busy days shopping in amish country. We found it! We were happy with the rooms, the staff was accomodating in every way. Lastly would we return again? For sure!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hairdoer71

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Back in 2000 while Amtraking across America I took 2 nights out at Lancaster and while some 15 miles from the Amtrak Railway Station, the location was safe and enjoyable. My room was very comfortable, coffee and a fridge were supplied and the staff were helpful and friendly. I ate at the cafe where the food and the coffee were good. Saturday was country bands and dancing downstairs at the nightclub, admission free (as a guest) which I particularly enjoyed and the locals chatted and took me under their wings so while travelling solo, I wasn't at all uncomfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I brought my church group of over 40 people in February not even in the summer with all the activities and we had a great time. Accomdations were great and we had our own meeting room as well. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark T
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This hotel has overcharged us for two nights that we did not stay. To top it off it rained and the water POURED into my lap top bag so they offered to comp that night... My lap top has not worked right since... Guess what? They charged us anyway! I have called at least 50 times and everytime a different excuse... There is no manager here... The manager is out to lunch she will call when she gets back... The manager has been fired... there is a no manager... You have to talk to price line... The owners have taken over they will call you... the owners are on vacation... the manager is in India... the owners will be here on Monday... The manager is at our other location... The manager is on the other line... and each time they have said will call you back as soon as they get the message... ONLY ONE CALL BACK EARLY ON unfortunately they left a message and after I immediately returned their call I never heard from them again.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2011

This was the worst experience I have ever had. This hotel is a dump. My husband and I visited PA with friends. Upon stepping into our room you could smell the mold, there was a water damage dresser that was so bad the drawers would not close and the top bowed. the carpets are a mess and water damage on the ceiling. The electricity did not work in our friend’s room. I call the front desk and he said the rooms were in need of repair. (YOU THINK?) He offered other rooms on the forth floor. Upon opening the door to the next suggested rooms the AC was on and there was standing water in the bath tub. Our friend’s room was not made and it reeked of smoke. This place is a disgrace to the Ramada name. Get your act together Ramada.

Room Tip: Run away very fast. Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank David G
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We had an awful experience with the Lancaster Ramada. When we arrived there was a line out the door and we waited in line for hours to find out they had overbooked everyones room in front of us. We checked in and the entire lobby was under construction. The floor had dust all over it and was a mess. The one night it rained and the roof leaked into our room and onto our computer. We were supposed to stay 3 nights and decided to leave early. Twice we were told that we could check out and would not be responsible for the third night. We were also told we would be comped one night for rain damage only to find out they never comped us AND charged us for a three night stay for both our rooms. We have called numerous times and management has yet to resolve this for us. They tell us they will call us back after further research and never return the calls. We are beyond disgusted and frustrated and no matter how convenient the location would NEVER stay here again!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Christinafaun
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We picked this hotel mainly for location but the price was good also. We found out the only thing good about the hotel was the location. Rooms were dirty (we put the sheets on the floor so the kids would touch the carpet. Very outdated, and in need of many repairs. But the worst was when we received our credit card statement and were billed twice was a one day stay. $94 was a rip off the 1st time but to have to pay it twice, oh no. After a week and 1/2 of there investigation I just called the credit card company to cancel payment. Now maybe I will get a response. ** also I wouldn't be here writing the review Magnuson/ Ramada if you had taken a quiker look at my over billing, so learn a little customer service and maybe your rating will start to go back up!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family