“This was once a nice hotel”

Lancaster Family Resort
Ranked #37 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The man at the desk was excellent but when I got to my room, I thought, this hotel needs a major makeover. The hallways were dark and appeared dirty, the room, although spacious, was old decor. I was with a group and we all decided to move to another hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Bare bones hotel. Clean and quiet. Breakfast was minimal, attendant sat and played on her iPhone. Pool lights turned off after we were there for only 2 minutes, and front desk girl said we had to leave since there was no one to fix the problem my kids were disappointed. Sauna was broken. Close to shopping.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Adam Z
Reviewed 2 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I've come to Lancaster for 30+ years for this long weekend, ordering at least two-three rooms. Assumed the Ramada Inn brand would stand for something. Except that the sheets are clean on the bed, the place is a disaster zone. It simply needs a complete overhaul. Will never come back.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Vonki
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I've titled this review "bedbugs,ants and poor disposition" because it best portrays the horrible experience that my family had at the Ramada Inn. We booked our room for one day (9-21-2013).
After checking in on September 21, we went directly to our room. Initially everything appeared to be fine. The room was spacious, lighting was dull, but the room appeared to be clean. We unpacked and decided to go out and explore local attractions in the area. Upon returning that evening we retired for the night. I had a restless night. I could not sleep. I was tossing, turning itching! The next morning I was still itching. I decided to thoroughly examine the bedding. After removing the sheets, there they were! Bedbugs! My wife went to use the restroom and ants were crawling in and out of the wastebasket. I immediately went to the service desk and informed them of the problem. Upon checking out I was assured that the manager would be in touch with me. Well, the manager never contacted me and I had to call the district office to get a response. After playing phone tag for about a month, the manager did call and apologized for our poor experience. The manager also promised to refund 50% off of my hotel charge. Well I never received the refund as promised. I've called several times, simply to be ignored or told that the manager was busy. On one ocassion the manager was there and refused to pick up the phone.I will never stay at the Ramada Inn again nor recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank T J
Reviewed 12 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Silvana G
Reviewed 12 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Travellers also viewed these Lancaster hotels
Rodeway Inn Amish Country
#25 of 40 in Lancaster
Red Roof Inn Lancaster
Red Roof Inn Lancaster
#24 of 40 in Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#31 of 40 in Lancaster
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lancaster East at The Outlets

Been to Lancaster Family Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Lancaster Family Resort

Address: 2250 Lincoln Hwy E, Lancaster, PA 17602-1112 (Formerly Ramada Lancaster)
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Lancaster County > Lancaster
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #37 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Price Range: £47 - £67 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Lancaster Family Resort 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Lancaster Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Inn Lancaster Hotel Lancaster