“Very good choice for the price paid”

Lancaster Family Resort
Ranked #37 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed for a night on an en route stop. Whilst the hotel has certainly seen better days and spaces look "tired" compared to other hotels in the same category/ price range, we found this a very good value for money. Two swimming pools are available, brakfast is very rich, you can even make your own waffles. Not a fancy plca, but for the price we paid, great. I would actually rate 3.5 if I had this option

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MelaniaMela
Bibi B, General Manager at Lancaster Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing. The hotel is being revamped at this time, and starting to take on a great personality. We are excited with all projects that are getting done.We are looking forward for your next visit.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was once a great golf resort hotel that is currently seeing some shabby times. Everywhere there is evidence of glory-gone-by: suites with heated tiles in the bathroom, high ceilings, a decades old phone boasting a direct dial to the pro shop... My room (a huge 5th floor suite) had a wonderful view overlooking the adjacent golf course lake where I watched deer and a loon in the early morning.

Sadly now, maintenance and staffing is an issue. The handicapped lift into the hotel lobby was not working. There is no ramp access. In the main elevator there is a sign asking guests not to push the buttons too many times lest the elevator jam and require a total re-set.

Yes, there are many areas that have seen better days and there are many things that could be improved. Used towels along with a stray lime wedge on the floor in the indoor pool area remained untouched the next day. I had to go online (internet worked fine in my room) to figure out how to program the generic dollar store TV remote that controlled the large CRT TV in my room. Half the lights in my room and the hair dryer did not work. The freezer of my mini-fridge was so frosted over that it was completely unusable.

That all being said, I am not a fussy traveler and so am not bothered by any of the cosmetic or other minor shortcomings. I chose this hotel for the indoor pool and was not disappointed. The indoor pool was large and at the perfect temperature. The outdoor pool is huge and clean- but too cold to use during my visit.

The breakfast was good. The WiFi worked. The bed was clean and very comfortable. The indoor pool was heavenly. For the price, this hotel was just fine by me and I would recommend it to anyone who isn't freaked out by a little wear and tear or minor lack of maintenance.

The only surprise was upon check-in. I was informed that a $20 temporary charge would be added on to my credit card against "damages." The charge would be rescinded after check-out. Hmmmmmm.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back (golf course side) are quiet with nice views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We picked this hotel because it was right across the street from Dutch Wonderland and we went there after our day at the amusement park. Location was great and price was reasonable. But you pay for what you get. The hotel is definitely old and looks it. Carpet in the hallways are patched and dirty, rooms are old; especially the bathrooms. Nothing updated in there. Exhaust fan not working, hair dryer falling off the wall, fixtures (tub included) are very old. Tub did not drain well and shower head sprayed water everywhere but where you needed it. Only thing I saw updated was maybe the bedding and TV. Channels on TV were not consistent (could not get the cartoon channel for the kids) and WIFI was very iffy. Sometimes it connected, sometimes not. Pools were not the cleanest. I would not recommend it or stay here again unless they did some major updating.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank barbieq59
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Very clean. Sleeping was great the beds very comfortable. Will stay here again. Right across the street from Dutch Wonderland. 10 minutes from Amish Village and buggy ride. Next door to outlets just a walk across parking lot. Great breakfast options.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Goofy10125
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I came to this hotel on a trip with the family the hotel seemed nice but when we got in the elevator we knew we were wrong in the rooms there was mold ,a leak , peeling paint cobwebs etc the next room they gave us (after complaining)smelt so bad it was unfit with no ac in it we knew we couldn't stay a night in this hotel I warn everyone to avoid this hotel at all costs the hotel next door is much better and mor fit to sleep in

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank christopher c
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Ten months ago I wrote a very negative review on this hotel, but we went back this week due to its location to Dutch Wonderland. Incredible changes greeted us. Though an older hotel, the infrastructure has been undergoing repairs, new carpeting, new bedding, secured balconies, upgraded bathrooms and carefully cleaned pools and pool areas. We loved it! Breakfast is full; view of golf course and pool wonderful. Only problem: no plug in bathtub, room a little warm and elevator still old. ( we didn't take it,) however, it's 1/2 price the hotel next door and is by far the closest to Dutch Wonderland- a two minute walk. Give this older hotel a chance; you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing pool and golf course- not the street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank metoread2
Bibi B, General Manager at Lancaster Family Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you so much for noticing . We are doing this for you and all of our valued guests. We are still up grading. Again thank you and see you nest time.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed at the Ramada Inn. Great breakfast. Great service. Rooms were clean. Loved swimming in the pool and hanging out with other families. Close to everything. Enjoyed our time there. Going back soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing. We will continue to improve to make your stay special and memorable.