“A WONDERFUL PLACE WITH 2 WONDERFUL OWNERS”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lancaster
A New Beginning Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 22 Lancaster B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 February 2011

This was our 3rd stay a A New Beginnings Bread and Breakfast in Lancaster, PA and each visit just keeps getting better. My fiance and I stayed at this establishment for our first tirp together, he proposed to me there and we just went back for Valentine's Day.... I am hoping to spend part of my Honeymoon there. Al and Denise are the warmest people I have ever met. They will go out of their way to accommodate anything you may desire even as far as setting up the Victorian Room so that as soon as I walked in my fiance proposed and they were nice enought to hang a banner, spread rose petals on the floor and provided a bottle of champagne, cheese and crackers and chocolates to make it an unforgettable event. I have already told them when we retired we were moving in permanently. If you would like a extremley nice getaway from everyday life or even just staying over to shop at the outlets I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS ESTABLISHMENT.... you will want to go back again. PS: Breakfast is something I have compared to (if you are from Philadelphia you will understand) a meal at LeBecFin.... Enjoy a comfortable and warm atmosphere with 2 very special people...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for A New Beginning Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 1 October 2010

This B&B is a great place to stay while you explore Lancaster and the surrounding countryside. Denise welcomed us with homemade baking and local apple cider, then provided excellent suggestions for sightseeing in the area. We stayed in the Victorian Room ... big, beautifully decorated, with a very comfortable bed and ensuite bathroom. Denise and Al are friendly and personable, you will feel like you are visiting friends. We have stayed in many B&B's in many countries, and this is one of the very best. Denise and Al are ideal hosts.

Then there is the delicious gourmet breakfast ... you won't need to eat the rest of the day! Quiche with local bacon one day, stuffed french toast and sausages the next, always accompanied by fresh fruit, homemade yogurt, juices, coffee and fresh baking. The table is beautifully set with linens, china, crystal and elegant silverware.

When you return from sightseeing, fresh baking awaits, along with lemonade or local apple cider. And, to top it off, you are sent on your way the last morning with a goodie bag of muffins and fruit, just to make sure you don't go hungry along the way.

Stay here, you will be glad you did.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Our stay at A New Beginning was one of the best B&B stays I've ever experienced. As soon as we arrived on Friday, cupcakes and iced tea were waiting for us. When we got back that night from a wedding rehearsal more cookies and refreshments were set out for us. The stuffed french toast, bacon and fruit in the morning were excellent! We slept in the Victorian room, which was so spacious and comfortable. Another perk of the Victorian room is the veranda, which was a great to relax on Friday night and Saturday morning with a fresh cup of coffee. Al and Denise are awesome hosts, and are extremely accomodating. Not only did they provide way more than we could've needed during our stay, but we also had a wonderful time visiting with them! I can't recommend staying here enough; the Riccis even provide a bag of goodies for the road as you check out! The ONLY negative thing I could think of is that they're Eagles fans and NOT Steelers fans!!! ;)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2010

It was “a new beginning” for us staying for the first time in a bed and breakfast. Al and Denise made us feel at home and were very hospitable. The breakfasts were delicious! The B&B is centrally situated, close to the attractions in Lancaster, Strasburg railroad, hot air balloon ride from Bird-in-Hand and around 30-40 minutes from Hershey. The rooms are comfortable and well decorated. The Conestoga restaurant & bar, just a block away is perfect for having a dinner. We enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it to anyone planning to visit Lancaster!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2010

Denise and Al were fantastic, the perfect balance of hospitable and respecting privacy. My best friends and I stayed the night after wedding dress shopping all day, and arrived to a much needed break of delicious carrot cake and tea. They were so friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The rooms were gorgeous and I wish I could rate sleep quality even higher than a five! We woke up to an amazing smell of pastry in the oven and came downstairs to a beautifully set table. Breakfast was amazing and Denise kindly shared all her cooking secrets with me so that I can repeat it! If you are in the Lancaster area stay at A New Beginning.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2010

Al and Denise, the owners of A New Beginning provided more than a beautiful breakfast each morning, a fire in my lovely room which is called "Serenity" and a place to renew my spirit. I stayed for several weeks and I can only say that every time I walked into the charming front door, I had muffins, coffee, and various chocolate surprises waiting for me. Al and Denise go far beyond hospitality to their guests. Their location is convient to many of the "Things to Do" in Lancaster. You can even have a rental car pick you up and drop you off at the Lancaster Train Station if you are flying into Philadelphia.

I recommend A New Beginning if you are like me and appreciate the atmosphere of "home away from home."

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank alientraveler2010
Reviewed 10 April 2010

We stayed with Denise and Al when we came to Lancaster for our son's college weekend hockey tournament. The welcome and warm environment is truly to the innkeeper's credit. They are not happy unless their guests are comfortable and have everthing they need; just as if you were their immediate family. They could not do enough for you. The breakfasts are amazing with attention to every detail. The home and the rooms are so comfortable, quiet and peaceful that you just don't want to leave. We would come back tired after the tournaments and relax with a glass of wine and enjoy great converstions with Denise and Al. Such wonderful friendly people. We will be back and will only stay at A New Beginning.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple