“Cozy and comfortable”

JB Dawson's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
JB Dawson's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 613 Restaurants in Lancaster
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located At Park City Shopping Mall
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I enjoyed the ambiance very much. Cozy, comfortable booths, low lighting. Nice. Food was decent. The crab dip is good -- just a touch too much salt. Got the seasonal fish and chips. Fish was good, the fries are thin strips, not my favorite, but acceptable. Wine is over-priced like most places. Overall, a good experience. I've been here before and normally have a good meal. The rating has a lot to do with the ambience. Love that.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I enjoyed a wonderful dinner salad with salmon. The salmon was great. It is hard to find a tasty meal when you have diet restrictions, but they were great. The service is excellent.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

10-2-13 I had a friend come to town for a few days and last night we decided to eat some good steak. Having been to Dawsons before and being satisfied I took him there. This restaurant is located in Park City Mall right off of Route 30 and 283 outside of Lancaster Pa. When I pulled up in front of the restaurant it appeared closed as the shade were pulled. The restaurant is still in full operation.
We were greeted promply to inquire about drinks and appetizeers. We both got the prime rib $21.50. My choice of "premium sides" were a baked potato and caesar salad with anchovies. His was a baked potato and creamed spinach. Sides were excellent.. I ordered an end cut of prime rib because I like mine med well and he ordered a center cut. Both again were excellent.
The waiter forgot our reorder of bread and had to be reminded.
My friend has some walking difficulties and there is one step up into the booth and several using the bathroom. I would assume there is a ramp to the bathroom because of the disabilities act.

1  Thank Bob1789
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I have only eaten here a few times but I will continue to go and probably more often. Their ribs are fall off the bone tender and juicy. The creamed spinach is excellent and the cornbread is outstanding. The food is great but I continue to be most impressed by the cleanliness of the restaurant. There is a glass partition between the restaurant and the kitchen and it is always sparkling clean. I have never been there that someone has not been cleaning something. At the end of the evening, they go around with flashlights to look under all the booths to clean them. And their restroom is as clean as the restaurant is....well done.

1  Thank BeasleyKRB
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We took a chance and ate at this restaurant after reading reviews of more than 20 restaurants. It was the best choice we could have made. We ordered the crab cakes and ribs combo. The bread served with our salads was amazing with a sweet butter spread. The sauce served with the crab cakes pushed them over the top. Superb and delicious. The meat on the ribs fell off the bones and were seasoned just right. We plan to return here the next time we're in Lancaster. It's located in a shopping mall away from the main dutch country scene, but its worth the drive. The service and atmosphere were great for a date night or celebration.