“Great Hotel...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Great Hotel...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

A great location, a super clean and bright hotel, with an excellent breakfast. I was there for business and the front desk staff and the manager went out of their way to help me out with some of my needs with shipping etc. The friendly staff made the stay that much more enjoyable. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Scott M
John A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Thank you for your kind words. As I recall you were in shipping the 3 boxes and I was more than happy to assist. If we can service your needs in the future, please return and stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hebrew first

•24 Hour Sundry Shop
•32-Inch HD LCD TV's in all guest rooms with On Demand Movies
•70 comfortable, oversized guest rooms with a separate well-lit work area
•Free Hot Continental Breakfast Buffet served daily 6AM-9AM
•In-room microwave and fridge, coffee maker with Wolfgang Puck Coffees and tea, iron, ironing board and safe
The hotel is on the main drag road at 2110 Lincoln HWY E, US Route 30. Quick access to the interstate to go to Reading PA to do shopping at vanity fair.

Room Tip: Pick a rook down the hallway near the end, this will lessen the main drag traffic noise. My wife an...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank AllenVirginiaBeach
Seaford, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

We had a group of 17! We had our 9 grandchildren and their parents with us. I had originally book our rooms at another place down the road. Long story short there were issues and we were short on rooms and I quickly needed to find us somewhere to stay. I walked into the Wingate very stressed and needed 5 rooms since all the kids were on their way.......the staff here fixed us up and were able to keep us all close. They got us all in rooms and made our stay great! The rooms are large and very comfortable. The breakfast definately was a extra plus. Everyone enjoyed themselves. So I just want to THANK YOU for making our time there a very memorable weekend!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank T M
It was a pleasure assisting you in your time of need. I do recall when you came in and requested rooms. I do have to say timing was the key, we had just had a few cancellations and your family filled that gap. In the future, if you are in lancaster please come back and see us. many thanks.
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

Last week I had to travel to Lancaster to take a deposition for a client. My secretary booked me at the Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster. The room was very spacious and very accomodating. Also used their executive board room. The business center was well stocked as well as the sundry shop. Excellent room with plenty of space. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The hotel is close to all types of restaurants and theaters. Definately plan to return to Wingate by Wyndham for our anniversary in couple of months.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank rebecca w
New Castle, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

My husband surprised me with a weekend get away to the Lancaster, Pa. He booked us at the Wingate by Wyndham hotel and the jacuzzi suite. The room was just like brand new. He took me shopping and to the Dutch Apple theater for a show. It was a nice anniversary getway. He arranged for the hotel to have roses delivered to our room prior to us arriving. The staff was very friendly and the suite room was very spaceous. Lovely stay. Debbie

Room Tip: The jacuzzi suite room has a king size bed, a beautiful jacuzzi and two tvs with plenty of space in...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank debbie r
Thank you so much for the nice review, I as general manager take pride in the services we provide to our guests. It was a pleasure to work with your husband in arranging your surprise, you we so happy! In the future please return and see us. Thank you for being our guest.
Culpeper, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel again because of my past experience. The price to me was not a problem since I knew what to expect. A couple of things that really bothered me were, the two toilet paper rolls in the bathroom were almost finished and there were no replacements, the tables and cabinets were so dusty, the phone................gosh the phone was so dusty and looked to have never been wiped, there was only one set of towels, the linens seemed to be dusty as well.
Overall, my stay was not that pleasant because I did not expect to get a dusty room.
I am still not too happy about the price I paid, since I did not get a quality service that I knew of Wingate.
When I addressed the front desk clerk in the morning, all he said was "you should have called us". He then proceeded to charge me for the room and did not offer any other apologies or even refer me to the manager. To me, that a clear show of not caring at all. Guess he was quick to charge me and get me out.
On the other hand, I had thought that I would have been better off staying at local cheap hotels and just go from there.
Wingate, you can absolutely do better to address customer concerns rather than just brushing them off, and just quick to charge them.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank A S
I apoligize that we did not meet your expectations. Based on your comments and concerns I did address these issues with the proper personnel. I do thank you for your comments and if I didn't get these remarks I can not correct the potential problems. I aslo see you had placed a customer care case with Wyndham and I hope I had addressed your issues there as well.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

Very nice and clean place to stay.Wonderful staff and great contiinental breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011