Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Chester Springs, PA
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were in town for a wedding and needed a room for one night and this was nearby. We had a room on the second floor that was directly across an open landing that overlooked the lobby. Unfortunately, this spot was a bit noisy because you could hear people coming into or hanging around in the lobby. We heard one particularly loud group around midnight, but fortunately they did not linger too long. After that it was very quiet. Our room was clean, comfortable and very spacious. It had a lot of good lighting, free wifi and tons of outlets! The bathroom was fine, and i was surprised by how soft and fluffy the towels were. The bed was comfortable and we had a good night's sleep. The breakfast area was typical with egg disks and sausage patties to make an egg sandwich, a waffle maker, assorted fruits, pastries, yogurts, cereal, oatmeal, etc.. It was fine for one quick breakfast but I wouldn't be able to eat it every morning. However, there is a Dunkin Donuts and a Wawa right across the parking lot so there would be plenty of options if you were staying longer.

Room Tip: As this hotel is surrounded by businesses, I don't think there are any rooms with a view. I woul...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sunlovingfamily

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
College Park, Maryland
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The room was comfortable and mostly clean (bathroom floor was hairy). However, the walls were incredibly thin. So, while not the fault of the hotel itself, we were disturbed for the first couple of hours we were in the room by a small child (? guessing here) banging in the room next door. I have no idea what s/he was banging - wall, tub, who knows? It was ridiculously loud, though, so faulting the hotel just a bit for not having better barriers. And, yes, I tried knocking on the door to ask for them to be quiet, but I got no response. I heard someone else yell from the hallway, "STOP BANGING!" So, we weren't the only ones who were disturbed. We had hallway noise for a while later on in the night too - loud conversations, running around, etc. It didn't really bother me, but I was happy that they didn't wake up my child. Check-in and check-out were fine. Breakfast was fine. There was nothing special, but, overall, it was a fine place to spend the night while out of town. In-room fridge & microwave were nice to have.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LaurelMom
Eric C, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for reviewing the hotel. I wish we could have been more than fine. I'm glad to hear that the Front Desk was efficient and breakfast satisfactory. I am disappointed to hear that your neighbors were not very courteous. I can empathize with that having had an unpleasant experience similar to it once myself. I am curious if either of the two rooms that tried to stop the "banging" had contacted the front desk. I did not read anything in our FD log about a guest complaining about noise from another room. We are able to call rooms and our desk agents will go to a room direct if we receive more than one complaint about the same room. Most times, having the hotel representatives confront noisy guests and let them know the possibility of eviction without refund is enough to quiet them down. I hope we get the opportunity to serve you again and we can be better than "Fine."
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel was peaceful and very clean. Our room was very comfortable and we heard no noise from others. The breakfast was very good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Travellers also viewed these Lancaster hotels
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lancaster
Country Inn of Lancaster
Country Inn of Lancaster
#15 of 39 in Lancaster
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country? Share your experiences!