“I wish I could have liked it more” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
New York City, New York
“I wish I could have liked it more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

A really lovely hotel with nice enough staff. My sister loves staying here, so I was looking forward to it. However, even though the entire hotel is "non-smoking," our room was rank with the smell of smoke. I didn't want to sit on the chairs or sofa or on the bed, for fear it wasn't clean. It was just an awful after smell of a lot of smoke!

I told the staff, but they couldn't move me - the hotel was full, so that's understandable. I noticed that the door of our room did not have a non-smoking sign on it, as all the others did. I asked the desk if that was the reason and they said, no, the entire hotel is non-smoking.

So, why was this the only room without a sign? (my sister's room across the hall was perfectly fine). Excuse me, but how about not making it look like this room is the exception to the rule!!!!

The staff offered to spray chemicals on the rug right away. Oh yeah, that would have been lovely to breath in while sleeping.

Good things - excellent rate, there is a kitchenette with a mini refrigerator and a small microwave. Free wifi which was easy to access. Hope you have a better experience. Probably worth a try.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eric C, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
This is not the title I want to see for a review. I do not understand how the room could smell of smoke. The housekeeping staff gets a supervisor immediately if they smell smoke in a room. We have the protocols in place for such a situation and we do charge guests the cleaning fee if we find evidence of smoking in one of our guests rooms. As for the signage, each room number has the no-smoking symbol in the corner. I am not sure why you did not see it on your room. We also have a card on the end tables of each room with a "Thank you for not smoking" message. The main lobby has a sign stating that we are 100% smoke-free. All registered guests are required to initial the clause stating the hotel is smoke-free and the fees applicable if the do smoke. I do appreciate the positive aspects of your review and thank you for taking the time to review the property. I hope that you can give me a second chance to prove how well we can do it.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Travellers also viewed these Lancaster hotels
Eden Resort & Suites, BW Premier Collection
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Lancaster
Country Inn of Lancaster
Country Inn of Lancaster
#15 of 38 in Lancaster
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster
Lancaster Arts Hotel
Lancaster Arts Hotel
#4 of 38 in Lancaster

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country

Property: Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country
Address: 2110 Lincoln Hwy E, US Route 30, Lancaster, PA 17602-1110
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Lancaster County > Lancaster
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access
#10 Business Hotel in Lancaster
#13 Romantic Hotel in Lancaster
#14 Family Hotel in Lancaster
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Lancaster / PA Dutch Country reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wingate By Wyndham Lancaster / Pa Dutch Country Hotel Lancaster