“Nice on the outside” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
“Nice on the outside”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Very well modified from the old factory but.....our room was overly warm and we couldn't get the HVAC to cool it down to our liking. Told the front desk the first night and the second night we were there and it was never fixed. On the third night I didn't even bother. The bed was comfortable and the rooms spacious (we had a suite) We did have a small dorm like refrigerator but were disappointed in not having a microwave. Close parking is limited but the hotel is centrally located to the things we were going to be doing. Overall we had an okay stay

Room Tip: Don't stay in a suite on the bottom floor
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Elkton, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed there for one night. The place looked nice at first, but once you're there you start to notice how poor the facility actually is. Room was only moderately dirty, poor quality bedding, ancient televisions. The restaurant was overpriced with poor quality food, under cooked vegetables and poor quality steaks, seafood smelled rancid. Like others have mentioned it can be a little noisy.Poor air conditioning.I should have figured something was wrong as it was one of the few places that had vacancies.

Room Tip: If you have to stay there go with the fourth floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lografter
Cory A, Manager at Cork Factory Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Thank you Lografter for your candid review. It is always our goal to please every guest that walks through our doors. When we are unable to accomplish this, we fall short as a team. We continue to work hard to improve our product and service to ensure our guest experience. I am truly sorry you did not enjoy your visit with us and that your experience was poor. If there is anything I can assist you with or you wish to discuss your visit with me, I would be greatful for the opportunity to talk about your trip and our property.

Cory Amman
Cork Factory Hotel
Cory.Amman@corkfactoryhotel.com
717-735-2075
Westfield, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

To say the place was noisy is an understatement. We requested the 4th floor because or reviews stating that you hear every step from the people above. We were told they couldn’t get us on the 4th floor but put us on the third. After staying on the 3rd floor I can say that it is really irritating to be woken up each morning at 5:45 from people walking around the room above. That is a huge oversight, to put the money and effort into revitalizing a factory and not secure the floor boards is a shame. I would never stay here again due to that. When checking out I brought it up to the women at the desk and she said it only is the 3rd floor that this happens. I don’t believe that. I heard others talking about it that were not on the 3rd floor, plus the entire building was done the same way with exposed ceiling beams and boards. I then went on to ask why then were we put on the 3rd floor when I specifically asked for the 4th for that reason. She brushed it off. They got their money and I got very little sleep. The walls are also thin, we heard the person snoring in the next room but the creaking just resonates right through you.

Room Tip: Get the 4th floor or go somewhere else if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pc1980travel
cape may
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

We have been visiting the Lancaster (Amish) area for many years. Recently, we found the "City of Lancaster". With that we found the Cork Factory Hotel. From the minute we entered this beautiful renovated Cork Factory we knew we were staying some place special. We were warmly greeted and told of the complimentary continental breakfast and the other amenities of the hotel. Once in our room we were thrilled we had chosen this hotel for a quick get away. A beautifully decorated room with brick walls, high ceilings, king bed and a beautiful bathroom. On our second stay we stayed in one of their suites. Wow, what a treat!. One full room with a huge desk, table and chairs for four, a comfortable sofa and an entertainment armoire. a second room was our king size bedroom with a second tv, and then there was that beautiful bathroom. Both times the room was quiet, clean, and spacious. Then there was the complimentary continental breakfast. Coffee, juice, cereals, fresh fruit, bagels and an assortment of homemade buns, cakes, and pastries. What more could you ask for? both visits we tried drinks at the bar when we returned to the hotel. Another beautiful room...brick walls surround the bar area. We felt right at home when greeted by Jasmine, a very outspoken, friendly bartender....who made a great drink and will also serve you a light meal at the bar or you can have a full dinner in the dining room. There is so much to see and do in the Amish Country, but once you try downtown Lancaster, with the shops, restaurants, and arts you will realize there is so much more to Lancaster. Staying at the Cork Factory was a wonderful experience I will recommend to friends. Not to be missed is First Friday in Lancaster. This is a great value for mid week for us seniors looking for something neat to do....

Room Tip: If you are not interested in a suite, request one of the rooms with the brick walls and high ceiling...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank weege49
New Hope, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

THis was our first time with the kids to come here because our other hotel was already booked. However what a pleasant surprise. Easy parking and a nice place to stay with our two young children. In fact I got to slip out to the bar with my friend as our hubbys watch the kids and we both were made some YUMMY cocktails by a wonderful bartender! The next day was raining so we popped into the Science Factory Museum next door and my hubby and kids had a blast!! Literally blasted some parachute game guy into the air. This really is a gem of a place! Thanks so much!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Rundis
Fredericksburg, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This resort is a renovated factory. At first glance, its location in an office/industrial park seems a little downscale, but it's very convenient and there's a lot to do near the hotel. The building has tremendous character and the rooms are comfortable, spacious, well-furnished and fairly quiet.

We were there for a wedding, and there is a lot of that -- it is an OUTSTANDING wedding venue. This only adds to the romance and charm.

The customer service from everyone displayed not merely high-level professionalism but real personal interest in the guests' comfort and well-being. And the food at the hotel was so good, we didn't really think about eating anywhere else, except for one function scheduled offsite at the nearby Lancaster Brewing Co.

Overall, this was a terrific experience and I would highly recommend staying here if you're in Lancaster. The city is fairly easy to navigate and you're only a mile from Route 30, which will take you anywhere you need to go in about 10 minutes. The Harrisburg Airport is only a half hour away and the Amtrak serves the nearby downtown Lancaster station -- and can get you to New York for about $50.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tsunamidad
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I recently attended a conference in Lancaster. I was going to book the Marriott Convention Center, but to my dismay, it was, of course, full. That was the best thing that could've happened. Checking out some reviews on this site, I decided to take a chance and book the Cork factory.  Please use this review to help you decide if the Cork Factory is right for you.

Customer Service: the day that I was traveling, I sent an email to cork factory reservations and requested a room on the 4th floor. I have read that the 4th floor is the quietest floor. They were not able to grant this request, but they upgraded me to a jacuzzi suite! I certainly lucked out. I booked through hotels.com, so I wasn't charged extra for this as it was already paid for.  I felt as if this was outstanding customer service. I didn't really need any special requests or need of any additional service while I was staying, so I can't comment on that.

Decor: this is the Cork Factory's strength. Hands down. This is the most unique hotel I have ever been to. From the moment you drive up and see the brick exterior and smokestack, you know this is a different experience. Then, you set foot in the lobby and notice the rustic tiled floor with brick walls and plenty of odd but appropriate decorations. It's dark, but classy, stylish dark. The stairwells have all brick walls as well, with hardwood steps. Completely clean. I could've lived in the stairwell; you actually enjoy being there.

The hallway ceilings are high and wooden, and all air conditioning vents and pipes are black and visible: but it's contemporary and adds additional charm. If it were a typical rusty lead pipe, I wouldn't want it to be there, but it totally adds to the rustic charm of the place.  This was also the same in my room.

The walls in the room that happened to be exterior walls of the hotel were completely brick. Not fake backsplash tiled brick, real thick bricks and mortar. Again, rustic and charming. I love brick and was thrilled that the walls were real brick. The bed was very comfortable.

The bathroom was stunning. Perhaps it was because I had a suite, but it was the best part of the room. Gorgeous grey and multicolor tile lined the floor and walls around the shower and jacuzzi. Brick exterior walls, and an Asian-inspired (I think) copper mirror frame. It was just stunning.  It was tough leaving this bathroom behind.

The restaurant had the same sort of a rustic feel to it, with grey stone walls. I was only here once for a continental breakfast, but it was relaxing, cozy, charming.

Breakfast: speaking of breakfast...they offer a free continental breakfast. I tried it on my last day. It is your typical fare: fruit, pastries, donut holes, bagels, juice, etc. The bagels were fresh, large and very tasty.  The donut holes were obviously frozen or refrigerated, as they were a little cold and not fresh. I did enjoy the bagel very much, but the rest was standard continental fare. I recommend a toasted bagel and some fruit.

I read some comments about hearing through the walls. It's true that the walls are thin and I could hear people walking above me a bit, and louder noises through the walls. It was not a gamechanger, and certainly didn't detract from my stay. If I had a very noisy neighbor, then I might be upset. But, the hotel was very quiet most of the time.

Location: I walked to the convention center in about 15 minutes or so. I would walk southwest until I hit queen street, then took that south to the convention center. If you are driving downtown, you'll be there in a few minutes. The hotel has a great pub (Quib's) across the street. Great beer and fish & chips.

I am so glad that I was unable to book the convention center hotel. The Cork Factory is simply charming (have I said that before?). I really enjoyed the brick and tile and ceilings. It's just so unique. It doesn't have any normal hotel feel at all. I can't imagine ever staying anywhere else in Lancaster. I would very much recommend the Cork Factory.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo