“Stuck in the city due to snowstorm” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cork Factory Hotel

Cork Factory Hotel
Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Stuck in the city due to snowstorm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

My wife and I work at the same business in downtown Lancaster, and because I start work at 5AM we decided to stay overnight within walking distance of our work. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and helpful. The room was very attractive with high beamed ceilings. The beds were comfortable. I stayed 2 nights and my wife stayed one and we were very happy with the experience. If we could find a place like this in our travels I would be very pleased.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself was beautiful, and it smelled nice, which is very nice as many hotels have a cleaning product or other, less pleasant smell. Some reviews note that the rooms aren't soundproofed very well. There were two wedding parties in the hotel while we were there. We were in a first floor room, and really the only sounds I noticed were some creaky floors from above, but giving the building's age, this was more charming than anything. We had one meal in the restaurant and it was delish. The bartenders were friendly and the bar itself really neat. This hotel was definitely worth the money.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ckorpen
wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I had business in Lancaster, and this hotel was recommended to me. I had a corner suite for a very reasonable rate. The 2 rooms were spacious and comfortable. Free wi-fi, which is critical, and very clean. The staff was very nice and accommdating. The connected restaurant was also very nice - fine dining, great service and the food was outstanding. The bar area is very spacious.. a comfortable place for business or just socializing. The historic feel is a nice change of pace from the cookie-cutter places I usually stay. 5 stars !!

Room Tip: ask for a suite ... not much more expensive and well worth the extra room if you have 2 people.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sisafrisWisconsin
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

DON"T EVER STAY HERE, THEY ARE THIEVES!!!! We had our entire wedding party and guests stay at the Cork Factory Hotel for our wedding in September. The morning of my wedding day I went to breakfast at the hotel and when I came back my $2,000 Bulova watch was stolen from our honeymoon suite at the hotel. The hotel told me they caught one of their housekeepers stealing from several rooms a few weeks after I made my complaint but they refused to refund me for my watch. I filed a police report am still working on going after the hotel for the money.

On our wedding night we also had all of our guests at the Cork and Cap pub after the reception and the staff was incredibly rude. Several of our guests complained that the bar manager yelled at them multiple times. They also told me the bar would stay open until 2pm if we had a lot of guests (which we did) but they kicked us out and refused to stay open at Midnight so we had to go across the street to Quips.

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE STAY AT OR HOST ANY KIND OF EVENT AT THIS HOTEL. I COULD NOT IMAGINE A WORSE WEDDING EXPERIENCE THAN WHAT WE WENT THROUGH.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
13 Thank Mark S
South Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel--I was glad that other people mentioned the sound problems so we brought ear plugs and didn't have any trouble. The beds were very comfortable and the room was spotless! We look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: bring ear plugs!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Love_Southern_NJ
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

My husband and I got married here last year and 4 days before Christmas. I always wanted to get married in the winter and by candlelight. Erin and the staff had helped make our wedding day into the wedding of my dreams. The accommodations and service was outstanding and I can say there wasn't a time in the night where I had to worry about anything.

There were a couple guests who were a little drunk and causing a scene, however, the staff took care of it like it didn't even happen. The rooms were beautiful and people still talk about the food today. We just were with my family this past week for the holidays and they couldn't stop talking about how they have never had better food at a wedding. Our guests also couldn't stop talking about how AMAZING Jasmine, our bartender was/is. Jasmine, you rocked and I am so glad I requested you as our bartender! Thank you!

My husband and i just went on a little getaway and took our wedding cake. It was so delicious and just as I remembered!

The restaurant is one of our favorites and this will always be such a special place for us!

Thanks again!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patti A
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

A one night getaway for my wife and I on Christmas Eve since our families are so far away. We loved the hotel and the room. We were not able to taste the food since the restaurant was closed but I knew this ahead of time and we will be back for it. You see I closed my restaurant and bar at my Inn for the same two days. The staff was friendly and helpful. Advice to posters on this site do your homework before you arrive somewhere and you wont be surprised when you get there. I called all around Lancaster to find out what would be open or closed for the holiday so I knew where we could eat or drink. Also get a GPS Its not the staffs fault that you drove an hour past Lancaster before you realized you were lost. Dont treat people in the service industry like they are your servants and you may get great service.

• Stayed December 2013