“Fantastic”

Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This hotel is unique and fabulous. The rooms are great, fair prices, staff terrific and one of the best restaurants in any hotel. Locals choose to eat at this restaurant which speaks volumes.
I highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alutttinger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Seaside Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We visited Lancaster as a romantic weekend getaway weekend of 2/15/14. The hotel was quite pleasant. The exposed brick and duct work made it for an interesting stay. I heard that the walls and ceilings are quite thin and you can hear your neighbors. However, we got an end unit on the top floor, so no issues here. The room was very comfortable. The bed was in a separate room, which is nice for couples on different sleep schedules! The "living room" had a nice coffee table and another TV. They offer a pretty standard free continental breakfast. We didn't go to the restaurant in the hotel, we opted for the British pub right next door. The good points are that the Lancaster Brewery is in spitting distance. However, the "downtown" area is quite a hike (~25 minute walk). I'd recommend grabbing a cab if you want to explore "downtown".

Room Tip: I'd opt for the 4th, or top, floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DrBeastman
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My wife and I work at the same business in downtown Lancaster, and because I start work at 5AM we decided to stay overnight within walking distance of our work. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and helpful. The room was very attractive with high beamed ceilings. The beds were comfortable. I stayed 2 nights and my wife stayed one and we were very happy with the experience. If we could find a place like this in our travels I would be very pleased.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom B
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself was beautiful, and it smelled nice, which is very nice as many hotels have a cleaning product or other, less pleasant smell. Some reviews note that the rooms aren't soundproofed very well. There were two wedding parties in the hotel while we were there. We were in a first floor room, and really the only sounds I noticed were some creaky floors from above, but giving the building's age, this was more charming than anything. We had one meal in the restaurant and it was delish. The bartenders were friendly and the bar itself really neat. This hotel was definitely worth the money.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ckorpen
wisconsin
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I had business in Lancaster, and this hotel was recommended to me. I had a corner suite for a very reasonable rate. The 2 rooms were spacious and comfortable. Free wi-fi, which is critical, and very clean. The staff was very nice and accommdating. The connected restaurant was also very nice - fine dining, great service and the food was outstanding. The bar area is very spacious.. a comfortable place for business or just socializing. The historic feel is a nice change of pace from the cookie-cutter places I usually stay. 5 stars !!

Room Tip: ask for a suite ... not much more expensive and well worth the extra room if you have 2 people.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sisafrisWisconsin
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 January 2014

DON"T EVER STAY HERE, THEY ARE THIEVES!!!! We had our entire wedding party and guests stay at the Cork Factory Hotel for our wedding in September. The morning of my wedding day I went to breakfast at the hotel and when I came back my $2,000 Bulova watch was stolen from our honeymoon suite at the hotel. The hotel told me they caught one of their housekeepers stealing from several rooms a few weeks after I made my complaint but they refused to refund me for my watch. I filed a police report am still working on going after the hotel for the money.

On our wedding night we also had all of our guests at the Cork and Cap pub after the reception and the staff was incredibly rude. Several of our guests complained that the bar manager yelled at them multiple times. They also told me the bar would stay open until 2pm if we had a lot of guests (which we did) but they kicked us out and refused to stay open at Midnight so we had to go across the street to Quips.

I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE STAY AT OR HOST ANY KIND OF EVENT AT THIS HOTEL. I COULD NOT IMAGINE A WORSE WEDDING EXPERIENCE THAN WHAT WE WENT THROUGH.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
13 Thank Mark S
South Jersey
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the hotel--I was glad that other people mentioned the sound problems so we brought ear plugs and didn't have any trouble. The beds were very comfortable and the room was spotless! We look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: bring ear plugs!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family