“They knew my name when I walked up to the Desk”
Review of Cork Factory Hotel

Cork Factory Hotel
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Morrisonville, New York
“They knew my name when I walked up to the Desk”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Booked this hotel through a conference I was attending. Pleasantly surprised. The woman at the front desk greeted me by name. I was amazed! She smiled and said there were only two who had not checked in and the other was a man. Still, I thought it was a nice touch. The rooms are very comfortable. My room had a shower (no tub), but the bathroom was done in stone, and the shower was roomy with great pressure.

The restaurant on site is very good. The average plate is $20+, but looks and tastes great. Even though I was a single, I was seated in the main dining area (not near the kitchen); my waiter was attentive and went out of his way to find out information me. All the employees so far have been personable, helpful and very pleasant to deal with.

Room Tip: Exercise room is on the 3rd floor, so I might stay away from this. The 4th floor (where I stayed) is...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Grosmont, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

It is always nice to stay in buildings that have both history and been given a second life. This hotel is no exception.

The rooms are spacious with good facilities, and amenities, and the bed was comfortable, so aided a good night's sleep.

The reception are is inviting with friendly people on the desk.

Breakfast was mediocre, but hey, their Baker's Table is close by.

Whilst the wifi in the room was very good, the computer and printer downstairs were from a bygone era in terms of response time, and badly needs updating.

It sits in a less than ideal area of town.

Parking is free and ample, but be careful only to park in their designated spots.

I would stay there again, and recommend it to you too.

Room Tip: Farthest from the road on a high floor are quietest
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I travel every week all over the country and this place was super. Opened 4 years ago with about 70 rooms. Very quiet and good dinner and bar and free continental breakfast and very reasonable. I have always struggled in this area to find nice place but now I have. This is a winner.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank golfer6666
Middleburg, Pennsylvania, Usa
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My husband and I love to visit Lancaster many times thru-out the year and this by far is my New
favorite hotel. The hotel is really beautiful and unique and we just loved it. The staff at the desk
were very friendly and helpful and the rooms are AMAZING! The only negatives were the bar
staff- very UNFRIENDLY seemed stuck up (guess they don't care about tips LOL) and the continental breakfast was only average but definitely would recommend this hotel! DO STAY at least 1 time if your in the area!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Having lived in Lancaster County for many years, finding places to stay now is just odd, and location to the things I want to do while visiting is key. I ended up here through the fabulous Lancaster Roots and Blues fest and it was perfect! An easy commute to downtown spots with walking access to a couple of great bar/restaurants, Lancaster Brewing and Quips.

The room was clean and quiet. The continental breakfast had enough if you didn't want to have a full breakfast at additional cost. Free parking is a bonus for someone who usually has to pay for parking.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Gail K
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My husband and I met two other couples at The Cork Factory Hotel for a reunion. The "girls" had worked together for 25 years, are retired, and only occasionally see each other. We decided to meet someplace for a couple of days. This place was perfect. The staff was so friendly and accommodating, the rooms were large and comfortable, and the fireplace in the lobby was perfect for some cold days. The area offers a lot to do as well. When we said goodbye to the staff, we felt like we were saying goodbye to long time friends. We would go there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank seeingtheworld180
Hoosick, New York
Reviewed 24 February 2014

While the entrance was a little tricky to find, even with a GPS, it was worth it. Stayed here for three nights while on a college tour with my son. Lobby was warm and inviting as were the rooms. A nice change of pace from the chains. I did use the fitness room. Had what I needed but not much more. You really did have to crank the volume on the t.v. to use it. Room was spacious and beds/linens very comfortable. Complimentary breakfast was fine. Coffee, cereal, yogurt, the usual but in more of a dining setting. Only complaint is the acoustics aren't great. It's not so much the walls as the loft ceilings that appear to be the problem. We had noisy neighbors with small children one morning but the other mornings were fine. I guess next time I'd ask to be positioned w/out neighbors if possible. That said, I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for space between you and next room of guests.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family