“Made on site, and not just ordinary flavors”
Review of Carmen & David's Creamery - CLOSED

Carmen & David's Creamery
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Homemade ice cream in the heart of historic downtown Lancaster Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Love this place. Be prepared for a long line if you are visiting on a First Friday of the month. Love that they make their own ice cream. Best Cookies and Cream EVER! I consider myself an ice cream expert!! Wanna try something new? Plenty of new things to try... And I love that they have water available (self-serve) for everyone, even pets...

2  Thank MrsandMrKeeney

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We have been here several times now, very consistent product. Read on for more, but I'll save you some time and say this is the best ice cream that we've ever had.
-Atmosphere/Service- Located in downtown, parking can be a challenge, but it is worth it. Park in the parking garage on Prince Street just north of the creamery for the least amount of hassle. The creamery is very well laid out, some seating outside and plenty of seating inside, they have several rooms just for tables and chairs. Lots of color inside, paintings and photographs decorate the walls, fitting for an ice cream place. Lines can get long when they are busy, but again, it's worth it. Service is solid and friendly, they are willing to make suggestions and also advised us on a cheaper way to try more flavors (mini-scoops!). This is great for those of us who like to try lots of different flavors. They also go out of their way to provide free water, this is a nice touch on a hot day and makes tasting different flavors of ice cream easier, if that matters to you.
-Food- Not much to see here but ice cream, shakes and sundaes... this is not a bad thing! We have sampled many favors over several visits and have yet to sample one that we did not like. The consistency and mouth feel of the ice cream is very good, just right, and the flavors are very strong, in a good way. This is not easy to do with a frozen dessert, so job well done. Solid value for what you get, not cheap but this is top end ice cream. They keep certain flavors in stock all of the time, and keep a large selection of seasonal flavors going as well. They usually have about two dozen flavors at a time.
-Overall- This is the best ice cream I have had, consistently over time and with different flavors. This place is worth the trip, and won't disappoint. Highly recommended and we will return again... and again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We had just had lunch and were looking for something sweet when we happened on Carmen and David's Creamery. That make the ice cream on site, had over 30 flavors including a sugar free butter pecan which I thoroughly enjoyed. We had a single scoop which is the equivalent to two anyplace else. Located right across from the Fulton Theatre.

1  Thank ok2bout
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

The best ice cream I've ever had! I asked the girl behind the counter her favorite... toasted coconut... I have to say, I agree with her :) they allow you to get three mini scoops for the price of one regular. So I tried the dark chocolate, which came in a close second and the salted caramel which was equally yummy!!!

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This place has the bet ice cream of any parlor you'll ever go to. So many rare flavors and exotic drinks to choose from. I come as often as I can