“Outstanding on every front”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Great rooms, great pool area with an area specifically for kids, good rate, outstanding breakfast, friendly staff, and clean - what else could you want? My only suggestion is that the hotel is just a little bit away from the more touristy areas of Lancaster, but not too bad. For example, Sight and Sounds is about 15 minutes away. Just check the hotel is near where you want to be, but this one is worth the extra drive.

3  Thank LYHtraveler10
WillowValley, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Thank you for your time and posting on TripAdvisor. You are absolutely right, DoubleTree Lancaster is a bit off the "beaten path" but within a 15-20 minute driving time to all major attractions, such as Sight & Sound. Like you, guests willing to drive a few minutes are rewarded with, what we think of, as beautiful grounds and scenery. Our lush landscaping and quiet property offers tranquility to so many travelers. Thank you!

Kristin O'Connor
Guest Relations
(717) 464-7503
koconnor@willowval.com

Reviewed 8 May 2012

I am writing this review to inform travelers about this hotel both good and bad.

I really like this hotel (exception at end of my review), beautiful, clean, modern lobby, which over looks a nice atrium. Guest receive the wonderful warm cookie upon check-in.

I had requested connecting rooms and possible early check-in; was pleased we had received both of the requests.

The room was very nice, double beds over looking atrium but no balcony, just large window. The beds were comfortable, with 4 pillows, nice lighting in the room and flat screen tv. A desk and plenty of electric outlets. The bathroom had great lighting also, and an exhaust fan, that came on with the light. I liked the water pressure of the shower, the towels and wash cloths were nice and soft and wonderful. The room also has a mini-refrig and coffee maker with Wolf Gang Puck coffee.

I think this place has a nice indoor pool area for kids but never really mad my was down to that area to check it out.

Despite being full that weekend (or so the staff said), the hallways were mostly quiet.

Over all I was pleased with the room and especially the comfort of the bed, as a traveler and driver I need my rest.

My one huge complaint is not one easily solved....as a traveler you will have to make the decision and possibly ask for a room not facing the atrium. This is a very nice hotel, which hosts many events, which include wedding receptions in that beautiful atrium I previously talked about. The weekend we stayed there, we encountered, not 1 but 3 wedding receptions in the atrium, Friday night, Saturday afternoon (when we were trying to rest after and early morning of sight-seeing) and again Saturday night. Yes, you do have a letter on the desk inside your room 'warning' you that there will be wedding receptions in the atrium with MUSIC and the MUSIC will be over at 10pm (the letter is very vague and did not indicate wedding receptions time or how many). Not sure why the front desk can't mention this at check-in I would have immediately ask for rooms not facing the atrium, as I was traveling with elderly people, after we were settled in the room, it was just too much for us to move to different room. Anyway back to the MUSIC from the wedding receptions, Friday night was bad enough, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, but then when we came back to the room to rest Sat afternoon, and there was more LOUD annoying music, and I called the front desk, because I had a feeling there was going to be another wedding reception that evening. My question to the hotel is why can't you include in the contract of the wedding reception, that the DJ can not turn the BASS up way loud during these receptions, there is no need for the music to be that loud...it wasnt the MUSIC that bothered me it was the thump, thump, thump, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM.....it was so bad we stayed out as late as we could on Saturday night after we realized there was another reception and when we got back to the hotel we just spent time in the hotel lobby area, and THANKFULLY on Sat night the music stopped early.

I would (and possibly will) stay here again, but would definately request a room facing the parking lot. especially during the wedding season months.

Room Tip: Atrium view rooms are nice, but if you go to bed early and are going to be there on a weekend, ask f...
5  Thank wvshopper
WillowValley, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

We appreciate your review, WVShopper, and are happy you enjoyed your accommodations. Your experience with our Palm Court functions is something we are continually working to improve. When blocking rooms, we make a conscious effort to keep small kids in outside view rooms, and work to accommodate any requests from guests checking in. While it's not always possible, we do what we can. We are also working through some procedures regarding music volume with all our functions. Currently, we have a decibel reader that our Conference Services team monitors during weddings, banquets, proms etc. If the music goes above what we currently have set as an acceptable level, we ask the deejay to turn the volume down. I will certainly have our team review the current level of acceptance and see what else we can do to alleviate future problems.

We appreciate your business, candid review and certainly hope you will stay with us again. When reserving, let our reservations team know you prefer an outside view room along with any other requests.

Kristin O'Connor
Guest Relations
(717) 464-7503
koconnor@willowval.com

Reviewed 7 May 2012

As soon as my husband and I checked into The DoubleTree Hilton Resort, we were greeted by the front desk's agent welcoming smile and given warm cookies. I knew that this mini getaway (paraphrasing Martha Stewart) "was going to be a good thing!" The lobby was sparkling, well designed and attractively decorated. Our assigned room was a mirror image of the condition
and cleanliness of the whole hotel and its grounds. The inviting and crisp bedding, abundant pillows, flat screen tv, plush rolled towels, numerous mirrors, sanitized bathroom and sink area, frig, coffee maker, hair dryer, high end personal hygiene products (Crabtree & Evelyn), left nothing to be desired.

Room Tip: "Any room is a good room here!"
4  Thank Lee C
Reviewed 4 May 2012

This was a very lovely hotel. We chose to stay here for a quick weekend getaway to celebrate our 20th Anniversary. We chose a room with a king size bed and a jacuzzi tub. The room was well appointed and the guy behind the desk gave us directions to a great place for dinner. Our disappointment came when we tried to use the jacuzzi tub late Saturday night. We read the helpful directions carefully, several times, but the jets would NOT stay on. They would turn on and run for a few minutes and then turn off. After a while we decided we had enough and we couldn't get the jets to turn off. It was a little frightening. Clearly there must be some loose connections. The next morning we mentioned it to the young woman who was working the front desk. She seemed totally disinterested. She did say she would make a note for the maintenance man to fix it AFTER we left and that was it.

We went back to our room to pack up and I filled out the comment card in our room because we wanted to commend the worker who had sent us to a great dinner location, and also note our disappointment over the jacuzzi in writing. The card said to put it in the box in the lobby. As we walked out, I asked the same young woman where the box was and she told me that the box was only put out in the summer when they were really busy??? She offered to take the card for me. I suspect that is why I have heard nothing from this hotel about my comments.

I loved this hotel, it was clean, quiet and the bed was very comfortable. I would definitely come back. The fact that the jacuzzi didn't work and the worker seemed completely disinterested did leave a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank NKC123
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We chose the Doubletree for our 5th Anniversary getaway weekend. It was a great place to stay and celebrate. The grounds are lovely, the rooms are clean and fresh, and I loved the Crabtree & Evelyn soaps and lotions.

The hotel location is away from the central touristy area of Lancaster, but you are only minutes from getting to anything you want to do from antiques, the railroad, or great eating. We had a great time and would consider going back with our 2 girls to take advantage of the great indoor pool and play area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Elizabeth D
Reviewed 3 May 2012

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton, Lancaster
It's an oasis for relaxation! A place to rekindle fire to a marriage, reunite the family or just a getaway for a peice of mind! The employees through out the facility are very professional. My favorite is the THE WARM CHOCOLATE WALNUT COOKIES!!! It truely a Great place to vacation!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Tyra M
Reviewed 2 May 2012

This is a great place to stay. The rooms are excellent and the staff is wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends