“Fantastic hotel and service”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic hotel and service”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My family used to stay at the Lancaster Host, and wanted to try a newer hotel, and found this one to be absolutely amazing. The staff was incredible including the hotel front desk Jen and Alex were just superb, along with the chef, Jose also the maid Mildred. We have found our new hotel for life, thank you to all.

1 Thank egretch
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your awesome experience with the TripAdvisor community. If I can be of any assistance in the future, please let me know: Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This facility was GORGEOUS. We loved it! The rooms were nice and felt especially clean and comfy. The only cleanliness issue observed was that our in-room coffee maker was dirty and it smelled horrible. Otherwise, it was fantastic. It would be nice if Double offered free coffee in the lobby 24 hours a day like other Hilton properties, even the "cheaper ones" like Hampton Inn do that. Hampton Inns also offer a free breakfast and wi-fi access. At Doubletree, both of these cost an additional daily fee.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently. We are considering ways to offer our guests some of the things you mention, while still adhering to DoubleTree by Hilton standards. I hope you'll stay with us again, and please let us know about anything not up to par in your room - like the coffee maker. If we haven't already fixed it, please let me know what room you were in so our team can take care of it right away. Thank you! Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations: (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com
Port Wasington N.Y.
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Our group was looking for a new place to stay in Lancaster, a friend recommended the Doubletree. It is a Beautiful, Newly Decorated, Clean and most importantly has a very friendly and accommodating staff. We are definitely coming back next year and will tell our friends about this great find.

• Stayed May 2013
We can't wait for you all to come back next year. Thank you for the 5 "star" review! Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations: (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Joe made the stay beautiful. He was in Sercurity but went out of his way to assist us. A+ for JOE beautiful view from restaurant too made eating like picnic wonderful golf course too. Gave. Me directions back to highway also thanks again. JOE!

1 Thank royrburton
So glad to read Joe made your stay extra special! I'll be sure to share your comments with him and we hope you'll be able to stay with us again soon. Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations: (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Just returned from a pre-Mother's day stay at the Doubletree. I had previously stayed at this property when it was just Willow Valley and primarily a Christian and family retreat venue. Now that it is part of the Doubletree family, there are some things that were gained, but also some things that were lost in the conversion.

it was great to reserve my room online and because I pre-paid my reservation, I got an excellent rate. the complimentary pick-up from the Amtrak station was wonderful. The upgrades to the facility, especially the rooms to conform to Doubletree standards was very nice. However since I have been coming annually for the last 5 years, I noticed many changes that have resulted in some of the charm that was Willow valley now being lost. Many of the former Willow Valley staff are gone, especially in housekeeping. I was shocked that the restaurant and bakery are completely gone, buildings and all. All I could think about were all of the people now without jobs. Very sad.

I had a one issue during my stay. The AC in my room was not functioning. I called the Careline and a mechanic was immediately dispatched. Fortunately Kerrick did a great job repairing the AC so we did not have to switch rooms.

Overall, a very good stay, but I doubt that the venue will remain an ongoing option for our annual Christian womens retreat.

1 Thank BrooklynGirl388
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
We're so glad you stayed with us after our conversion to DoubleTree, and want to assure you that our property is still owned and operated by the Thomas family and Willow Valley Associates. Furthermore, we continue to adhere to the same mission and value statements as always! Many of our team members have been with us for years and quite a few team members came to work at the DoubleTree when we closed the Inn & Suites. You'll see many familiar faces in all our departments! I'd be happy to speak with you further about the changes to our facility and any concerns you may have. Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com
Gilbertsville, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Double Tree Resort in Lancaster Pennsylvania is a great place to base yourself when visitin Amish Country, the various museums and parks in the greater Lancaster Area. I will return again when my business and pleasure overlap in the Lancaster area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

2 Thank Carleton B
We look forward to your next visit! Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com
Doylestown, PA
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Service was very helpful and accomodating. Upon check-in I mentioned that I would need to get directions to the highschool where my son's larossse team was playing the next day and by the time I brought my bags in they had already printed me a mapquest. "The cookie" was a big hit with my 4 year old especially when it can be delivered to your room warm with cold milk just before bed and the waterpark was fun and well attended by the guards. Would totally stay here again!

Room Tip: For a family of 6 splurge for the two bedroom suite