“A very nice resort hotel”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Lancaster
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This really is sort of a resort rather than just a hotel. The pool is more of a mini waterpark with two sections (one for smaller children) and there are scheduled activities for kids. Overall the property is very attractive. We got the 'Bed & Breakfast' package which included the buffet breakfast. My only disappointment was the price - we got a 2-room suite that had a bed in each room but it wasn't overly large and we didn't feel it was a good value for the price we paid.

Room Tip: The "2-room family suite" is not quite a 2-bedroom. It's more like a regular suite whe...
1  Thank CBM_20
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us recently! I'm happy to read you enjoyed your visit, and I understand your frustration with the size of your suite. I might recommend a family room in the future. Although it doens't have the separation, there is more square footage to this room. I'm sure our team can work with you to find a great solution! If there is anything I can help you with in the future, please let me know: Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,726)

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel is great. Rooms are nice and big. Very friendly staff. Food was good. Pool and indoor water park are wonderful! Only negative was the sofa bed mattress, we'd get a room with two Queens next time. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the TripAdvisor community. I'm glad to read you had a nice visit and look forward to your next trip to Lancaster. I'm eager to hear how the queen beds work out for you! Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The banquet and all of the hospitality services was outstanding. Please keep up the good work. We arived there for a three day conference, in which we had a small maintenence issuse with turning off the power. This procedure was conducted in a full professional manner, without very little comfort. The food on our buffet for dinner and breakfast was delicious. All of the staffed mad us feel at home and were extremely caring.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for a great reveiw! We are thrilled you had such a wonderful experience and look forward to next year's conference. Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com

Reviewed 11 April 2014

My recent stay at this Double Tree was average. I felt for the price 179. that my room was average, nothing more than when I stay at any Hampton for a much lesser rate. I also felt that the front desk people were unfriendly and unhelpful. I did not feel welcome when I checked in. Luckly, the wait staff, bartenders, housekeeping and hostesses were great and covered for the poor service at the desk. I stayed two nights because of the event I was attending.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Exceeded our expectations. This is an annual trip now for us with the family. The pool, hot tub and wet playground is a perfect getaway! The staff were very friendly, the room was clean, food and drinks were great and there was plenty to do.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

the overnight accommodation experience at the double tree while attending my daughter's dance competition in lancaster was excellent! i enjoyed the warm chocolate chip cookie and the sleeping accommodations were wonderful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We love the pool here and have alwasy taken a noght away to let the kids swim. Nice check in with a cookie, but the rooms on the floor of the pool are just okay. I would say they are clean, but nothing fancy fro the $$$ you are spending. The rooms are clearly used because the carpet is trashed. PS put the "do not disturb sign up, becase we were awoke Sunday at 8:25 AM by a room steward asking if it was okay to clean the room! I was reall shocked.