“Mixed Emotions” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Lancaster
Franklin, Massachusetts, United States
“Mixed Emotions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Positives: This Double Tree Resort is large with a beautiful lobby and nice restaurant and bar. To my surprise they have an indoor water park perfect for younger children and a beautiful 9 hole golf course on the property. The breakfast buffet was great with plenty of seating. Staff were very pleasant.

Negatives: My room was on the first floor. The french doors looked into an indoor atrium so anyone in the atrium could easily see into my room. I kept the curtains pulled shut all the time and as a result it felt like I was in a cave. The furniture was clean an fairly new but the room showed signs of wear (wall paper was peeling in several spots). The layout of the room was odd because the full size couch was against the same wall as the TV. If you sat in the couch, you couldn't watch TV. Cleaning people didn't empty the trash one day, and never removed my recycled bottles or dirty glass from the bar.

Room Tip: Ask for an even numbered room so the window looks to the outside. Odd number rooms look into the in...
1 Thank Scott L
Kristin O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us, and I'm sorry to read your visit was not up to par. I certainly hope you will give us another try! I would recommend requesting an outside view room with the reservations team. As for housekeeping, they are typically top notch, and don't miss things like trash and recycling. I will most definitley pass along your comments, and if you have a few minutes, please reach out to me with your room number and dates of stay. Thank you! Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Nova Scotia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

This really is sort of a resort rather than just a hotel. The pool is more of a mini waterpark with two sections (one for smaller children) and there are scheduled activities for kids. Overall the property is very attractive. We got the 'Bed & Breakfast' package which included the buffet breakfast. My only disappointment was the price - we got a 2-room suite that had a bed in each room but it wasn't overly large and we didn't feel it was a good value for the price we paid.

Room Tip: The "2-room family suite" is not quite a 2-bedroom. It's more like a regular suite whe...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CBM_20
Thank you for staying with us recently! I'm happy to read you enjoyed your visit, and I understand your frustration with the size of your suite. I might recommend a family room in the future. Although it doens't have the separation, there is more square footage to this room. I'm sure our team can work with you to find a great solution! If there is anything I can help you with in the future, please let me know: Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel is great. Rooms are nice and big. Very friendly staff. Food was good. Pool and indoor water park are wonderful! Only negative was the sofa bed mattress, we'd get a room with two Queens next time. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with the TripAdvisor community. I'm glad to read you had a nice visit and look forward to your next trip to Lancaster. I'm eager to hear how the queen beds work out for you! Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com
hurlock, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The banquet and all of the hospitality services was outstanding. Please keep up the good work. We arived there for a three day conference, in which we had a small maintenence issuse with turning off the power. This procedure was conducted in a full professional manner, without very little comfort. The food on our buffet for dinner and breakfast was delicious. All of the staffed mad us feel at home and were extremely caring.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for a great reveiw! We are thrilled you had such a wonderful experience and look forward to next year's conference. Kristin O'Connor, Guest Relations; (717) 464-7503, koconnor@willowval.com
Oxford, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

My recent stay at this Double Tree was average. I felt for the price 179. that my room was average, nothing more than when I stay at any Hampton for a much lesser rate. I also felt that the front desk people were unfriendly and unhelpful. I did not feel welcome when I checked in. Luckly, the wait staff, bartenders, housekeeping and hostesses were great and covered for the poor service at the desk. I stayed two nights because of the event I was attending.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

State College, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

Exceeded our expectations. This is an annual trip now for us with the family. The pool, hot tub and wet playground is a perfect getaway! The staff were very friendly, the room was clean, food and drinks were great and there was plenty to do.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Lanham, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

the overnight accommodation experience at the double tree while attending my daughter's dance competition in lancaster was excellent! i enjoyed the warm chocolate chip cookie and the sleeping accommodations were wonderful.