“Great pool for the kids”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Liberty, United States
“Great pool for the kids”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We selected this hotel for the pool area since we were traveling to Dutch Wonderland with the kids and it did not dissapoint. Kids were thrilled with both pool areas and we were able to sit and enjoy while the kids swam. Wonderful breakfast experience and the hotel was just beautiful.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Emma L, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am happy to read your family enjoyed our water playground so much! It is definitely a favorite of our little guests! Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
lancaster, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Have absolutely no complaints. Very clean, staff very friendly when needed. Convenient to the area we were in, we didn't use much of the amenities but what we saw and looked at were very nice. Would definitely stay again. Price was very reasonable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Johnathan L
Emma L, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
I am so happy to read you and your family enjoyed your stay! We look forward to your return visits to our resort when you are in the Lancaster area! Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for sharing your wonderful experience with the Tripadvisor community!
Lancaster, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I found that the check in staff was a bit snooty. They never once told me about the playground on the grounds of the hotel. I traveled with three children. When I would ask a question they seemed bothered to look up from their screens. I found the people that delivered our room service to be wonderful and very helpful.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry you were not treated with the proper kindness, and attentiveness you deserve. I will certainly be addressing your experience with our front desk team to ensure it does not happen again. I appreciate your feedback, since it helps us continue to learn how to improve our service as a resort! I am glad you enjoyed your stay, though, and I hope you will give our team another opportunity to make your stay an amazing one! Thank you for staying with us!
Lester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We were here for a conference.The staff,food and meeting room were fine no complaints.Pool area was nice but the HOT tub was not hot the pool was warmer then the Hot tub. Our room was clean bed was ok the pillows were too soft.the ac had some noise when it first come on but no big deal, water pressure was great it was even better the my own home.The bath room was a little tight and I'm a little guy.but overall it was ok

• Stayed June 2014
Emma L, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am sorry we did not meet or exceed your expectations. The hot tub is kept at a constant 102 degrees, and I will be sure to pass your comments onto our maintenance team to have them double check that the temperature is where it should be. If you have any further concerns or would like to discuss your stay further, please email me at ehall@willowval.com, and I would be happy to speak with you. Thank you for staying with us!
Fairfax, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at the Lancaster, PA Doubletree for my son's 2nd birthday. We took him to Dutch Wonderland. When booking the hotel I made a little note of his birthday in the special request box, hoping they had a cupcake I could buy at the hotel. However, when we arrived in the room, they had balloons, a slice of cake with two candles, a special birthday wish note, and a little present! I was overwhelmed with appreciation. They went above and beyond and it really started us off to having a great birthday adventure for my son! I will absolutely be back (planning on this September)... will stay longer this time so we can explore what else the hotel has to offer, like the indoor swimming pool (just for kids) and the projects area. I wish I could remember the woman's name who checked us in, she was soooo fantastic!

Amy C,
Thank you for sharing your great experience with us! I am so happy our team went above and beyond for you, and your family! We really love birthdays at this resort, and we love making them extra special, especially for the little ones! I am excited to read you will be returning later in the year, and we look forward to seeing you again! Thank you for staying with us!
Berwick, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Everyone very friendly. Service for everything was very good. We ate and drank there also. Enjoyed the pool area as well. We were there to visit with family. Our grandchildren loved the pool play area.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to read that your family enjoyed your stay, and that your grandchildren loved our water playground! I look forward to seeing you, and your family again on your future travels to the Lancaster Area! Thank you for staying with us!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel around 3pm on a Saturday to check in. The woman at the front desk confirmed "2 adults and 1 child" and could not ignore the 2-year old who was sitting on top of the registration desk. She did not ask for my ID nor did she mention that they were placing us into a room that faced the atrium that was hosting an evening wedding that night. Nothing in our room seemed awry when we went to it and unloaded our luggage. We hung out for a while and then returned to the college for some additional events and dinner. We came back to our room at 8pm with the aforementioned 2-year old dead asleep on my husband's shoulder. As soon as we entered the room, we knew there was trouble. We heard the wedding immediately and our daughter was awoken by the DJ's announcement and music. I phoned the front desk and was told that we would be discounted $50. That was not acceptable as we had a small child who needed to go to bed. The manager then got on the phone. I was told that we could not be moved and was made to feel like it was MY problem to solve. She agreed to comp the room but offered no immediate solution. We were stuck with extremely loud music and noise until after 10pm.

I wanted to write a formal review because I am beyond disappointed by this scenario. I made my arrangements well in advance with this hotel and was never told about the wedding (not even at checkin). The room had insufficient soundproofing. I have NEVER stayed in a hotel that was that noisy. I travel 25% of the time for work and have been in places as noisy as New Orleans, New York, etc. This seems like an irresponsible scenario and one highly disrespectful to those who stay with you.

I should also note, as an additional implication of the poor quality of the hotel, that the window pane fell on my daughter (i.e., was not properly secured to the faux french doors). We are lucky that my husband was standing by her side and caught it before it hurt her. The manager did not offer to have someone come secure it so we placed it on the side.

Be mindful of this if you plan on staying here. I am not sure I'd be willing to risk it again. Big, big, big disappointment.

Room Tip: Do NOT select a room facing the atrium. Make sure you ASK. They won't tell you.