“Final Dinner on Sat. 6/21”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Glenolden, United States
“Final Dinner on Sat. 6/21”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Filet was way overcooked and dry, whipped potatoes had way too much butter in them, green beans were cooked way too much. I don't like barbecue and Friday's dinner should have left some options. the chicken was tough and dry.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Emma L, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry you did not enjoy your final meal with us! I will forward your experience to our banquet management and staff so that they can learn from your observations! If you have any other concerns feel free to email me at ehall@willowval.com, I would be more than happy to discuss your stay with you. Thank you for staying with us, and I hope to see you again in your future travels to the Lancaster area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We were in the area for a family reunion, and we had a quiet, huge room. I was worried when we checked in and there was a band playing in the atrium and lots of conventioneers around, but our room was quiet, and very comfortable. Our daughter enjoyed the pool, and the two young staff people at the pool that morning could not have been any more attentive and pleasant. The fitness center was also lovely -- new and very well equipped. The super market across the street is a great place to grab a salad for lunch or yogurt for the morning (they even have a small cafe with breakfast sandwiches, etc., and the store has lots of local foods if you need a Lebanon bologna fix or some cup cheese or Hammond's pretzels).

Room Tip: Ask for one on the "outside" so you don't have to endure noise from parties in the atr...
Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Emma L, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
What a great experience! Thank you for sharing your story with us! I am very happy to see your family had such a great stay, and I hope to see you again in your future travels to the Lancaster area! Thank you for staying with us!
Liberty, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We selected this hotel for the pool area since we were traveling to Dutch Wonderland with the kids and it did not dissapoint. Kids were thrilled with both pool areas and we were able to sit and enjoy while the kids swam. Wonderful breakfast experience and the hotel was just beautiful.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am happy to read your family enjoyed our water playground so much! It is definitely a favorite of our little guests! Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope to see you again soon!
lancaster, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Have absolutely no complaints. Very clean, staff very friendly when needed. Convenient to the area we were in, we didn't use much of the amenities but what we saw and looked at were very nice. Would definitely stay again. Price was very reasonable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Johnathan L
Emma L, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
I am so happy to read you and your family enjoyed your stay! We look forward to your return visits to our resort when you are in the Lancaster area! Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for sharing your wonderful experience with the Tripadvisor community!
Lancaster, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I found that the check in staff was a bit snooty. They never once told me about the playground on the grounds of the hotel. I traveled with three children. When I would ask a question they seemed bothered to look up from their screens. I found the people that delivered our room service to be wonderful and very helpful.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry you were not treated with the proper kindness, and attentiveness you deserve. I will certainly be addressing your experience with our front desk team to ensure it does not happen again. I appreciate your feedback, since it helps us continue to learn how to improve our service as a resort! I am glad you enjoyed your stay, though, and I hope you will give our team another opportunity to make your stay an amazing one! Thank you for staying with us!
Lester, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We were here for a conference.The staff,food and meeting room were fine no complaints.Pool area was nice but the HOT tub was not hot the pool was warmer then the Hot tub. Our room was clean bed was ok the pillows were too soft.the ac had some noise when it first come on but no big deal, water pressure was great it was even better the my own home.The bath room was a little tight and I'm a little guy.but overall it was ok

• Stayed June 2014
Emma L, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Lancaster, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am sorry we did not meet or exceed your expectations. The hot tub is kept at a constant 102 degrees, and I will be sure to pass your comments onto our maintenance team to have them double check that the temperature is where it should be. If you have any further concerns or would like to discuss your stay further, please email me at ehall@willowval.com, and I would be happy to speak with you. Thank you for staying with us!
Fairfax, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at the Lancaster, PA Doubletree for my son's 2nd birthday. We took him to Dutch Wonderland. When booking the hotel I made a little note of his birthday in the special request box, hoping they had a cupcake I could buy at the hotel. However, when we arrived in the room, they had balloons, a slice of cake with two candles, a special birthday wish note, and a little present! I was overwhelmed with appreciation. They went above and beyond and it really started us off to having a great birthday adventure for my son! I will absolutely be back (planning on this September)... will stay longer this time so we can explore what else the hotel has to offer, like the indoor swimming pool (just for kids) and the projects area. I wish I could remember the woman's name who checked us in, she was soooo fantastic!

Amy C,
Thank you for sharing your great experience with us! I am so happy our team went above and beyond for you, and your family! We really love birthdays at this resort, and we love making them extra special, especially for the little ones! I am excited to read you will be returning later in the year, and we look forward to seeing you again! Thank you for staying with us!