“Nearly perfect visit”

Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Lancaster
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
“Nearly perfect visit”
Reviewed 8 June 2010

This was a great place to stay. Everything was just the way it should be.

I stayed for a conference in Lancaster and it was in a convenient location for downtown Lancaster. Everything was ready for me upon arrival.

The facilities are well maintained and clean.

I used the fitness center which has new equipment in it and a good variety of equipment. The pool is larger than typical and would be good for a family. They also have an indoor splash pool that kids would love.

I'd definitely return next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank bbcreg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 4 June 2010

I have stayed at the Fulton Hotel, which is ranked #1, and nice, but it doesn't wow me like the Double Tree. I have also stayed at the Best Western (can't remember which one).

The DoubleTree had excellent customer service, rooms were ready, extremely clean, events that we could attend, a waterpark for kids (indoors, next to a clean indoor pool. I read the last review, and yes, there was a wedding at the hotel, but it was over by 10 pm. I did hear the wedding, and have a 1 year old and a 4 year old. I could watch it from my room. It didn't bug me. I am not that picky. But, I do travel quite a bit for both pleasure and business. This hotel is great. When it gets a ranking, it will be a top 5, and in my mind #1. I will be back.

They even had a fire pit and had roasted marshmellows and hotdogs on a stick for kids one night.....for $1 each.....
Very reasonable priced hotel for the comfort and location and quaility....Please keep the price low and I will be back time and time again!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank dacowboyfan88
New York, NY
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Had a great last minute stay with wife and two small kids - everything has been remodeled. Super quaint grounds, including a nice pond and wedding chapel. Hotel looks over a great 9-hole golf course (we rented clubs and played - very well-maintained course - highly recommend, especially for the price - 14.00 to walk and 24.00 to ride). There is an indoor pool complex, complete with little water park features for the kids, and you can use the outdoor pool at the sister property next door, although small. Nice bar and food - I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to the Lancaster area.

Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank musicmgrnyc
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Awesome hotel if you are staying in Lancaster. Looks like it is a newly renovated property. Rooms are super nice, beds & linens comfy and just an overall clean place. There is still some construction going on but it didn't bother us. Bring a bathing suit, there is a pool with a waterslide. Has bar/restaurant in hotel. Grocery store & mcd's across street. Outlets about 10 min drive. Would stay again!!!

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank Frogjen17
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Let me first say, this hotel is very nice and very clean. It's just a little ways from downtown Lancaster and the outlets. The room service food was pretty good as well. I was lucky to get the government rate for my stay because I was unfortunately subjected to two different parties (one prom and one wedding reception) on both nights of my stay. The hotel is arranged with an atrium in the middle and rooms either facing the atrium, or on the otherside facing a golf course. I had the bad luck of being on the atrium side, and unbeknownst to me, I would have to endure the playing of African drums during a high school prom my first night, and then the loud music of a wedding reception my second night. When I booked the hotel, I was hoping for a relaxing and romantic weekend, but the two events, 6-10pm ruined it all. All the front desk could say was that they had no other rooms available and that the events would be over at 10. I had to leave the hotel and find something to do while the prom was going on to get away from the noise. Aside from the parties, there were kids running the hallways, and people congregating with their family in front of rooms I guess they had booked together. There was no one to tell them to keep it down or that it was not appropriate.

I would only stay here again if I could be assured a room on the opposide side of the hotel, and that there would be no major events interrupting my relaxing stay. The hotel is poorly designed.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple